Albertsons closing 5 metro Denver stores

Albertsons closing 5 metro Denver stores

There are 64 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Aug 25, 2009, titled Albertsons closing 5 metro Denver stores. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

Albertsons says it will close supermarkets in Denver, Lafayette, Greenwood Village, Longmont and Arvada, and a distribution center in Aurora due to eroding profits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Don't like the rules?...Leave”

Since: Mar 07

Denver, but on pause...

#68 Oct 10, 2009
BTW, I offered Mickey the Fantasy Czar position but he declined due to previous engagements...He's got an Asian owned theme park to run while California wonders why they're broke...$14.00 per day parking,$288 for 2 Annual Passes(SoCal resident price),$125.00 motel, 150.00 car rental,$118.00 Fantasmic tickets,$400.00+ on food and random dumb shit...And that was just Disneyland...
Add the taxes from just my total up, then times that by 30K Guests Weds, 35K Thurs, 150K Fri (they were at capacity by 7:00 p.m.)and explain to me how California is broke...This is one fucking theme park out of how many WORLD FAMOUS parks in this state?...The revenue generated on ridiculous shit out here is astronomical, and it's broke...I just don't get it...
Marty Luther Koon

United States

#69 Oct 11, 2009
Who is broke Ms. Prez? besides the U.S. govt.
inthecold

Longmont, CO

#71 Oct 11, 2009
After 7+ years with Albertsons in Longmont, all the while living in Longmont.It was a very short drive,bike or hike to work.I worked 40+ hours as a Manager and was offered a position in Loveland, turns out there really was no "position".
They made it up for one of the department heads to have a different shift.So far,I only have 12 hours on the schedule.I have a wife and daughter to support.I cannot afford to commute to Loveland for minimal income and hope for more hours.This is not was I was told I would get. Now they are telling me I won't get severance.I am the only one from the Longmont store with a Transfer.But, for a job that never existed.I WILL get what is coming to me.I have EARNED it through the years of working for an unappreciative company who only cares about lining their pockets, and screwing long time employees out of any chance of Compensation.
I have contacted my Attorney.Thanks, Albs!!
inthecold

Longmont, CO

#72 Oct 11, 2009
Hussie wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, I'm now officially on vacation from my vacation...Weds, Thurs, Fri at Disneyland & California Adventure, Today at Santa Monica, followed up by a 2 hour tour of famous houses in Hollywood...Possibly the NASCAR Race here in Fontana tomorrow, but that all depends on when I wake up...The track is 2 miles from my house at best, so it's not like I can't be-bop out for a quick beer and a t-shirt...We'll see...
The way I see it, the whole vacation was my Presidential duty, isn't that what they do best?...I'm only one person ya know...LMFAO!!!
That's cool.I just filed for unemployment and Emergency food stamps.Thanks again Albs!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr Barbara 23,301
Employment with Rite Of Passage, Inc (ROP) (Jan '11) 2 hr Student athlete 4
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr Brian_G 36,269
Memorial Day 11 hr tbird19482 1
Event Rents {poor guest service/employee morale} 17 hr Lol 14
Wells Fargo J walking 17th and Sherman 19 hr Jay 2
Mexicans (Mar '14) Sat uPWR 71
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwood Village Mortgages