Albertsons closing 5 metro Denver stores

Albertsons closing 5 metro Denver stores

There are 64 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Aug 25, 2009, titled Albertsons closing 5 metro Denver stores. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

Albertsons says it will close supermarkets in Denver, Lafayette, Greenwood Village, Longmont and Arvada, and a distribution center in Aurora due to eroding profits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
tdpaul

Washington, DC

#1 Aug 25, 2009
Dang... my favorite store in the neighborhood!
R M K

Billings, MT

#2 Aug 25, 2009
I am terribly sorry to hear of Albertsons closing in the Denver area. I do hope they don't close any of the stores on the Western slope as we are from the Western Slope area.
Albertson is an excellent food store chain. We like the store an especially enjoy their meat market.
We do not need any more losses of employment in Colorado. This is going to affect many jobs in that area. We, for one would like to see these food stores remain OPEN! These other larger Corp. food chain stores are running them out and will control all of it. This is Way Bad! Not good.
We need to keep our people employed!
gram

Denver, CO

#3 Aug 25, 2009
That is lousy, closing the Albertsons in Lafayette!!!! Love the store & employees. Bad move on the corporation's part!
glassflowergirl

United States

#4 Aug 25, 2009
When are they closing???
VGD

Arvada, CO

#5 Aug 25, 2009
Will miss the store and the great employees - I hope corporate reconsiders.
kirk redmond

Denver, CO

#6 Aug 25, 2009
That`s bad!The last time they closed stores i had to go froma mile and a half to six miles to get to one and since i like them,i still go there.I`v`e been useing them for years and the are the best.
Leslie Jean Nearing

Aurora, CO

#7 Aug 25, 2009
I am sorry to hear of this bad news. If it wasn't for the Albertson in our area the prices would be even higher. Alberston prices are cheaper than Wallmart, what's up?
So What

Denver, CO

#8 Aug 25, 2009
Where are the illegal aliens going to shop in Lafayette now?
So Sad

Longmont, CO

#9 Aug 25, 2009
So What wrote:
Where are the illegal aliens going to shop in Lafayette now?
Where are they going to shop in Longmont?
jerrsbears

Denver, CO

#10 Aug 25, 2009
This is really too bad. We shop at the one here in Arvada, and just love the people there. Without them in the shopping center it will be quite deserted.
Jules

Denver, CO

#11 Aug 25, 2009
Maybe they're closing the stores because people are tired of not finding items in stock???
Jokertwins

United States

#12 Aug 25, 2009
I can't beleive Albertsons would take away our only store here in Longmont. That is just wrong. We don't have another albertsons close enough to be worth the drive. I love the employees who are at my store and alot of the employees have been at this store for a long time and are so nice. They are almost like family to me, and are devoted to their job...
I know the economy is bad, but to take away the only primary store in Boulder county does not help those who have a job and now will not have one anymore. Or benefit all those customers who enjoy shopping at Albertsons...
I hate shopping at King Stupids or Safeway and lately our Walmart Super Center has not been doing a good job with keeping their shelves stocked....
Albertsons has always been reliable and enjoyable to shop at...

SHAME ON YOU ALBERTSONS CORPORATION....
Linda G

Littleton, CO

#13 Aug 25, 2009
I SURE HOPE THAT THE ECONOMY GETS BETTER REAL SOON. TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE GETTING LAID OFF EVERY DAY. IT'S NOT EASY, AND RUINS MANY LIFES.
Linda G

Littleton, CO

#14 Aug 25, 2009
Maybe they have to move to El Paso, TX :-)
Linda G

Littleton, CO

#15 Aug 25, 2009
I was talking about the Aliens,and commenting to "SO WHAT"
Jody Johnson

United States

#16 Aug 25, 2009
No, I can't beleive this is true. Albertson's is my favorite place to shop and has the best deals. I will have to visit the newer location on Chambers and Iliff. The Parker Road store is going to be missed by several people.
Woody

Aurora, CO

#17 Aug 25, 2009
It's a shame. Although I noticed that a lot of their "sale" prices tend to be other stores' regular prices I've alway's been impressed with the cleanliness of their stores and the great customer service. I hope all of those affected by the closures are able to find new places to work!
Woody

Aurora, CO

#18 Aug 25, 2009
Jody Johnson wrote:
No, I can't beleive this is true. Albertson's is my favorite place to shop and has the best deals. I will have to visit the newer location on Chambers and Iliff. The Parker Road store is going to be missed by several people.
There is no store on Chambers and Iliff. There is one on Mississippi and Buckley though!
GOP Guy Sez

Boulder, CO

#19 Aug 25, 2009
Survival of the fittest folks. Are taxpayers supposed to bail out the Albertsons workers?
Rick Justice

Louisville, CO

#20 Aug 25, 2009
Albertson's has come down with a case of the same fatal disease that Safeway had some years ago. Close all of the neighborhood stores and build "supercenters" Thus, management feels it is justified to raise all prices to pay for the store and cares not about the inconveniences it causes and the lives upset. So now they want us to believe that they do not make (enough) profit to keep the stores open. Horse apples. Serve 26 stores in Colorado
from distribution point in Arizona? Double horse apples. What happened to Joe Albertson? Did the corporate executives and management do away with him? So now Albertson's is no longer a "neighborhood" store? All stores have to make a minimum bloated profit for executives to ok its' survival? Triple horse apples served
to those who make such decisions. Now do you all understand why there are unions? Contracts to protect employees jobs and retirements? It is totally because of corporate GREED- nothing else. These stores are being closed at the whim
of "executives" who seek only a "bottom line" and don't give a damn about anyone but themselves. The competition can have all of the thousands of loyal shoppers. What idiocy. I hope all of the executives involved in this decision are blessed with permanent diarrhea, to remind them of what the are and how they treat people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denver co sex right now! (May '15) 2 hr Rjms2325 7
Male on Female Facesitting topix? (Nov '16) 5 hr Girl-seat 25
Red Dot Storage 22 hr Doug 4
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) Mon NoahLovesU 57,456
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) Sun tbird19482 29,997
Men wearing panties and bra and sex with women (Jul '16) Oct 14 Xdresser6317 26
Jeffco School Board Candidate Forum for Diverse... Oct 13 coawamy 1

Greenwood Village Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwood Village Mortgages