Comcast Vows Faster Speeds & Beefed-u...

Comcast Vows Faster Speeds & Beefed-up Content

There are 7 comments on the www.rockymountainnews.com story from Jan 13, 2008, titled Comcast Vows Faster Speeds & Beefed-up Content. In it, www.rockymountainnews.com reports that:

Comcast Corp. plans to boost high-definition video titles, greatly increase Internet speeds and launch a Web site to help consumers manage entertainment content.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.rockymountainnews.com.

Since: Jan 08

United States

#1 Jan 14, 2008
Pardon the dissent, but I'm really down on Comcast trying to sell what's already available for free while hawking their dream of Docsis. As for the increase to 1000 on demand hd "choices"...pfffffft . If you can give me Docsis soon, great, but, Comcast, you can flush your "entertainment portal" junk. Didn't the downfall of AOL teach you anything?

“Feel my heat”

Since: Sep 07

Denver

#2 Jan 14, 2008
Im still tiffed at Comcast because they wouldn't string a cable down my cul-de-sac. So, now I get to pay the same price for internet as Comcast, but get crappy 1.5mbps Qwest. At least DirecTV got their HD act together.

And the amount Comcast charges for On-Demand is ridiculous when compared to a Netflix account. I don't know anybody that actually falls for that scam. And they only had like 5 movies available in HD format at a time, and each was like 8 bucks to watch. Stupid!

United States

#3 Jan 14, 2008
Natural Gas wrote:
And the amount Comcast charges for On-Demand is ridiculous when compared to a Netflix account. I don't know anybody that actually falls for that scam. And they only had like 5 movies available in HD format at a time, and each was like 8 bucks to watch. Stupid!
Netflix is going "all you can eat" with their streaming catalog too.

“WHATS A HEADLINE?”

Since: Sep 07

Arvada

#4 Jan 14, 2008
I love Comcast I don't have anything bad to say about them.I never buy movies from their "on-demand" I have Netflix.Their broadband is pretty damn fast at my place and if it get faster SWEET!!!! We have all three services though them tv,internet,and phone. NO complaints.The price is fair for what we have and I have only had a couple of issues that required a call the service department and it was resolved over the phone.

United States

#5 Jan 14, 2008
nick in arvada wrote:
I love Comcast I don't have anything bad to say about them.I never buy movies from their "on-demand" I have Netflix.Their broadband is pretty damn fast at my place and if it get faster SWEET!!!! We have all three services though them tv,internet,and phone. NO complaints.The price is fair for what we have and I have only had a couple of issues that required a call the service department and it was resolved over the phone.
Oh I love Comcast's speed. I just don't like the AOL-like "portal" scam they're trying to pull on people.
Ben Rectanus

Denver, CO

#6 Jan 14, 2008
nick in arvada wrote:
Comcast beats AOL, that's for sure. Comcast's Broadband screams. I have bought a few on-demand movies from Comcast, but their catalog is pretty skimpy. Their HD selection is pretty lean, too. I should look into Netflix.
Zuely

United States

#7 Jan 18, 2008
i was searching thru this new site that popped onto my computer and i found an AMERICAN IDOL e-card where you can actually cut your own head out and make yourself the idol. The person sings and everythings its really cute. This is the one I made. Tell me wut u guys think :-)
http://www.mushygushy.com/CHO9SS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 2 hr swedenforever 19,274
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 25,587
Why I Am Voting for Trump 4 hr Daherla 79
Test (Apr '13) 5 hr THE GREEK GOD 9
Hillary Clinton OUR next President 8 hr tbird19482 532
News Chupacabra spotted near Tecumseh? (Jul '10) 12 hr Angelia 57
Trump is Right, No Anchor Babies 17 hr Vote Trump 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwood Village Mortgages