Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

Jun 6, 2013 Full story: Denver Post 3,494

Engaged gay couple Dave Mullins, second from left, and Charlie Craig, left, were joined by a small group of supporters in Lakewood on Aug. 4, 2012 to protest and boycott the Masterpiece Cakeshop at 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd. The couple went to the cake shop, and the owner turned the couple away saying he would not make them a rainbow-themed wedding ... (more)

Full Story
Omar

Columbus, OH

#2918 Aug 3, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Jesus obviously hates Poop1. Lookit how stupid he made him. Good work Jesus! Is it a joke? Whatever, it's funny. Yay Jesus! You the man.
Poof ancestors were court jesters and lackeys Poof cannot help it he/it was born that way'goofy'

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2919 Aug 3, 2014
What the matter, Disrepsect71? Don't like it when the "lies" you have pointed out turn out to the the truth, and you are exposed as the liar?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2920 Aug 3, 2014
lides wrote:
What the matter, Disrepsect71? Don't like it when the "lies" you have pointed out turn out to the the truth, and you are exposed as the liar?
You're the biggest liar I've seen here. Problem is you don't think you're lying. You think you are Justice Knowitall!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2921 Aug 3, 2014
lides wrote:
To say that "the government is forcing him to support and participate in a institution that you believe in but he does not," is the lie.
Wow, you're right back to being Justice Dumbass. The government forced him out of the wedding cake business. The only way he could stay in the wedding cake business and satisfy the government was to disavow his religion. Whether you think that is true or not is irrelevant.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#2922 Aug 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
You're the biggest liar I've seen here. Problem is you don't think you're lying. You think you are Justice Knowitall!
No, Wondering, you are merely the biggest idiot here, which explains why you are regularly off topic, you can't make a factually supported argument, and you lack the mental capacity to tell the difference between a fact and a lie.

Face it, kiddo, the law in the state of Colorado forbids discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. Even the baker stipulated to the fact that he did just that.

Were you not a mental midget, you might be able to offer an on topic, intelligent, and factually supported argument. The fact remains that you have not done so.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#2923 Aug 3, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
..Were you not a mental midget, you might be able to offer an on topic, intelligent, and factually supported argument. The fact remains that you have not done so.
You haven't either. We are still waiting for your explanation of "seeking greater protection of the law", remember? That's your whole argument against some marriages. But what is this "greater" protection Bozo? You can't explain because it doesn't exist. Were you not a mental midget you wouldn't have said something stupid and expected us to buy it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2924 Aug 3, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Wait. I thought you said that you support SSM and that it's the same as heterosexual marriage.
Guess the truth is that for you and this baker only 'certain' marriages are proper.
Lides believes in the traditional institution of marriage as do I. That is why so many of us call it "MARRIAGE EQUALITY".
The fact that YOU and this baker want to make our marriages something LESS THAN THE INSTITUTION OF MARRIAGE shows that basically you want us to shut up and move to the back of the bus.
I support “same sex marriage” because I am sympathetic to gays who desire to be with who they want to be with.

“Guess the truth is that for you and this baker only 'certain' marriages are proper.” The baker believes in traditional marriage where there is a husband and wife.

I don’t know who “Lides” is, but traditional marriage and “gay marriage” are not equal... If they were equal we wouldn’t be having this discussion. No laws or punishment to bakers and wedding photographers will ever change the difference because of the very NATURE of the two relationships.

No one wants you at the back of any bus, but it’s not right for government to force people to believe the same as you.

Location hidden

#2925 Aug 3, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they aren't. He was left the option of not discriminating by not offering the service, which is what he elected to do.
To say that "the government is forcing him to support and participate in a institution that you believe in but he does not," is the lie.
Those who support open bigotry and discrimination would see a much more ugly America. And it would in no way be a Christian one. Who knew, you are both a bad Christian, and bad American?
The lie is that you think its ok for government to force a baker who of income to support and participate in “gay marriage”... You are ok with a CEO being force out of his livelihood because he doesn’t support “gay marriage”. What kind of hateful American are you that your would support these actions?

All Americans have to support “gay marriage” or face government punishment, right?

So sad.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#2926 Aug 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Crap the crap. The guy isn't being forced to sell wedding cakes to gays. That isn't a lie.

Claiming he is being forced to do something against his beliefs is the lie here.

Lides is correct and you're just having one of your temper tantrums again because you aren't man enough to admit you made a mistake.

Have a nice day Whinering

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#2927 Aug 3, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I support “same sex marriage” because I am sympathetic to gays who desire to be with who they want to be with.
You just don't think they deserve the same respect as any other married couple. Yes we get that.
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>“Guess the truth is that for you and this baker only 'certain' marriages are proper.” The baker believes in traditional marriage where there is a husband and wife.
So do I and any other gay and lesbian. We don't denigrate other peoples beliefs. And in a public setting we treat them as we would any other customer.

The thing is you haven't given any reason to explain why this company should be exempt from the law that every other bakery has to follow?
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>I don’t know who “Lides” is, but traditional marriage and “gay marriage” are not equal... If they were equal we wouldn’t be having this discussion..
So you support SSM even though in your mind it's not equal to real marriage.

I am at a loss for words.

Location hidden

#2928 Aug 4, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>You just don't think they deserve the same respect as any other married couple. Yes we get that.
<quoted text>So do I and any other gay and lesbian. We don't denigrate other peoples beliefs. And in a public setting we treat them as we would any other customer.
The thing is you haven't given any reason to explain why this company should be exempt from the law that every other bakery has to follow?
<quoted text>
So you support SSM even though in your mind it's not equal to real marriage.
I am at a loss for words.
“You just don't think they deserve the same respect as any other married couple. Yes we get that.” I absolutely do, and I am honest enough to acknowledge the obvious differences.

“So do I and any other gay and lesbian. We don't denigrate other peoples beliefs. And in a public setting we treat them as we would any other customer.” And yet you are fine with asking government to punish PUPBLICLY, bakers, photographers and others in the wedding industry that don’t believe the same as you do.

“The thing is you haven't given any reason to explain why this company should be exempt from the law that every other bakery has to follow?” Because of the nature of marriage the wedding industry should have discretion just like Churches, because this Country honors freedom.

“So you support SSM even though in your mind it's not equal to real marriage.” I support “gay marriage” because of its differences and I am sympathetic to gays being with whom they desire to be with and they need an easier way to keep their affairs in order.
Kitty Hawk

Harrodsburg, KY

#2929 Aug 4, 2014
It is plain and simple. Homosexuality is though to be sinful by some religious people. If such people run a bakery they have a right to run it in accord with their religious beliefs. Gays and lesbians have rights but they do not trump freedom of religion. There are more than one bakery. Gays and lesbians should not get their drawers in an uproar if someone won't sell them a wedding cake. Find one that will. And don't label religious people bigots. .
Kitty Hawk

Harrodsburg, KY

#2930 Aug 4, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Crap the crap. The guy isn't being forced to sell wedding cakes to gays. That isn't a lie.
Claiming he is being forced to do something against his beliefs is the lie here.
Lides is correct and you're just having one of your temper tantrums again because you aren't man enough to admit you made a mistake.
Have a nice day Whinering
I do not know about this case. But I do know this. This country is based on religious freedom. There are always more than one place to buy wedding cakes. If one place does not serve same sex couples there are more options. I would say they same thing if a store did not want to sell a wedding gown to a man. Gays and lesbians need to get over trying to make an issue out of every little thing. Not every body is going to approve of two men or two women marrying. Accept it and move on. Muddying the water is a waste of time.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2931 Aug 4, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I never claimed there was world peace. Where did you get that from?” From your words...“The entire world is at war? News to me. Compared to the few thousand years, skirmishes in Israel, Iraq, and Ukraine are small potatoes.”
Why don’t you explain what your really meant?
I said what I meant: the world is relatively peaceful compared to past eras.
Respect71 wrote:
“Aristotle gave a good basic understanding of logic. It's been updated a bit since then. What do you mean by why?” So Aristotle gives you an understanding of logic? What is that understanding and why do you give it credit? Why not Stalin philosophy?
The study of logic has advanced past Aristotle. My understanding is based on a couple college courses and independent study. I give it credit because using it leads to good decisions and outcomes.

Stalin was not a philosopher. Furthermore, his politics led to horrible outcomes.

Location hidden

#2932 Aug 4, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
“Tell me the purpose.” The save His creation to Him.
I assume you made a typo here, but I still can't make out what you're trying to say.

God supporting slavery saves his creation to him?
Respect71 wrote:
“WHY does the god of the Bible tell the Hebrews they can purchase, capture, and own slaves?” Relationship.
How does promoting slavery enhance the relationship?

Location hidden

#2933 Aug 4, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
“You're engaging in special pleading.”... Your comparison of skin color to the institution of marriage need to be founded... On what might that be?
I didn't compare skin color to the institution of marriage. I compared two religious beliefs. Try to follow along.

Location hidden

#2934 Aug 4, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it mean to serve, to be served and to understand the relationship of those principles?
How did practicing slavery allow the Hebrews to better serve or understand the relationship to their god?

Furthermore, if practicing slavery gets one closer to God, then why don't you do it?

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#2935 Aug 4, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
The lie is that you think its ok for government to force a baker who of income to support and participate in “gay marriage”...
The problem with this assertion is that he was never forced to bake a cake. He was ordered to provide equal service to all customers, and elected to stop offering wedding cakes at all.
Respect71 wrote:
You are ok with a CEO being force out of his livelihood because he doesn’t support “gay marriage”.
Similarly, the individual in question RESIGNED in the fact of public backlash, which would have proved detrimental to the company. You see some people put their duty to their job before themselves.
Respect71 wrote:
What kind of hateful American are you that your would support these actions?
I support equality under the law, and personal accountability for one's actions.
Respect71 wrote:
All Americans have to support “gay marriage” or face government punishment, right?
So sad.
Nope, but if they open a place of public accommodation, they can't discriminate based upon sex, race, religion, or sexual orientation. That provision in no way infringes upon the free exercise or free speech of the proprietor of a business.

Location hidden

#2936 Aug 4, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I said what I meant: the world is relatively peaceful compared to past eras.
<quoted text>
The study of logic has advanced past Aristotle. My understanding is based on a couple college courses and independent study. I give it credit because using it leads to good decisions and outcomes.
Stalin was not a philosopher. Furthermore, his politics led to horrible outcomes.
“said what I meant: the world is relatively peaceful compared to past eras.” Which shows your perception of the world is relatively skewed.

“The study of logic has advanced past Aristotle. My understanding is based on a couple college courses and independent study. I give it credit because using it leads to good decisions and outcomes.

Stalin was not a philosopher. Furthermore, his politics led to horrible outcomes.” And secular in basis, that cause the most destruction in HUMAN history.

Location hidden

#2937 Aug 4, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you made a typo here, but I still can't make out what you're trying to say.
God supporting slavery saves his creation to him?
<quoted text>
How does promoting slavery enhance the relationship?
“I assume you made a typo here, but I still can't make out what you're trying to say.” To save His creation to Him.

“God supporting slavery saves his creation to him?” You “secular value” of knowledge fails you here by reading only ONE verse.

“How does promoting slavery enhance the relationship?” Did I say enhance?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 12,622
**KONG Dog Toy Warning** 12 hr Terry 1
Rocky Mountain Upset? Polling shows once-popula... Tue harmonious 73
COMFORT DENTAL ....How Many of you feel Ripped ... (Apr '08) Sep 29 Tooth Fairy 86
charter business: imbeciles, morons and idiots Sep 23 Buck Thomas 1
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Sep 10 We hate fort coll... 32
Shooting reported at office may be false report Aug '14 mystery 1

Greenwood Village Jobs

Greenwood Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greenwood Village News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greenwood Village

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]