Colo. gay discrimination alleged over...

Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

There are 47997 comments on the Denver Post story from Jun 6, 2013, titled Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Engaged gay couple Dave Mullins, second from left, and Charlie Craig, left, were joined by a small group of supporters in Lakewood on Aug. 4, 2012 to protest and boycott the Masterpiece Cakeshop at 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd. The couple went to the cake shop, and the owner turned the couple away saying he would not make them a rainbow-themed wedding ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2898 Jul 31, 2014
Wondering wrote:
You already conceded. An intelligent person wouldn't follow up with this.
I can't be held accountable for the fact that you are too stupid to make a valid argument.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2899 Jul 31, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
When you read more than one verse I’d love to help you learn who God is.
Tell me the purpose. Stop running away from questions.
Respect71 wrote:
“Impossible, because the Bible supports the institution of slavery.” That’s the problem with reading only one verse, ignorance fails you.
You have not refuted the position, which has been strongly established.
Respect71 wrote:
You can’t respond because you haven’t adhered to the “secular value” of knowledge. You choose ignorance, so you must hold that dear as a “secular Value”.
I can, but I'm not going to engage in a conversation with you when you constantly answer questions with questions rather than honestly answering anything.

WHY does the god of the Bible tell the Hebrews they can purchase, capture, and own slaves?

Location hidden

#2900 Jul 31, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
“To be blunt, this is complete BS. You are making ridiculous contortions to justify your hypocrisy.” Based on your “secular values” that by your very admission,“don't "come" from anywhere.”
I've already corrected your error numerous times. Repeating it as a talking point just makes you look like even more of a fool.
Respect71 wrote:
“There is no way you can say that "I don't want to serve black people a product because my religion opposes it" should be illegal, while "I don't want to server gay people a product because my religion opposes it" should be legal. They're the same thing.” We are not talking about skin color, we are talking about the institution of marriage, so no they are nowhere NEAR the same thing.
You're engaging in special pleading.

Location hidden

#2901 Jul 31, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Relationship with God, and with humanity.
What about the relationship between God and humanity? Is God seeking to improve that relatinoship?

If so, what part of the relationship is improved by humans owning slaves?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#2902 Jul 31, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
BWAHAHAHA! That might work on people with a 3rd grade mind, like yours. Isn't it about time you ask everyone to stop responding to me while you continue to? You haven't done that for a couple of months now. Wow, it's not even Friday and you have me laughing very hard.
Being an Atheist is O.K.

Shaming Religions and intellectualizing spirituality as false or stupid is NOT okay.

Being a Christian is O.K.

Being Homophobic, Misogynistic, Racist, or behaving in a hateful manner in the name of Christianity is NOT okay

Being a Reindeer is O.K.

Bullying and excluding another reindeer because he has a shiny nose is NOT okay.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2903 Jul 31, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Being an Atheist is O.K.
Shaming Religions and intellectualizing spirituality as false or stupid is NOT okay.
Being a Christian is O.K.
Being Homophobic, Misogynistic, Racist, or behaving in a hateful manner in the name of Christianity is NOT okay
Being a Reindeer is O.K.
Bullying and excluding another reindeer because he has a shiny nose is NOT okay.
Lides is stuck on stupid too!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#2904 Jul 31, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a Reindeer is O.K.

(things you should have learned before kindergarten)

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#2905 Jul 31, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
“The entire world is at war? News to me. Compared to the few thousand years, skirmishes in Israel, Iraq, and Ukraine are small potatoes.” Wow… So you claim there is world peace? Now we see your state of mind.
“The rules of logic long established by philosophers.” Your “secular values” are based on “The rules of logic long established by philosophers.”. Which philosophers and why?
“It doesn't fail either one of us. Secularism nor any of the values I listed or personally support led to Stalin's regime.” Then you ignore history like you do the Bible.
24-34-601. Discrimination in places of public accommodation

(1) As used in this part 6, "place of public accommodation" means any place of business engaged in any sales to the public and any place offering services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations to the public, including but not limited to any business offering wholesale or retail sales to the public; any place to eat, drink, sleep, or rest, or any combination thereof; any sporting or recreational area and facility; any public transportation facility; a barber shop, bathhouse, swimming pool, bath, steam or massage parlor, gymnasium, or other establishment conducted to serve the health, appearance, or physical condition of a person; a campsite or trailer camp; a dispensary, clinic, hospital, convalescent home, or other institution for the sick, ailing, aged, or infirm; a mortuary, undertaking parlor, or cemetery; an educational institution; or any public building, park, arena, theater, hall, auditorium, museum, library, exhibit, or public facility of any kind whether indoor or outdoor. "Place of public accommodation" shall not include a church, synagogue, mosque, or other place that is principally used for religious purposes.
(2) It is a discriminatory practice and unlawful for a person, directly or indirectly, to refuse, withhold from, or deny to an individual or a group, because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or ancestry, the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation or, directly or indirectly, to publish, circulate, issue, display, post, or mail any written, electronic, or printed communication, notice, or advertisement that indicates that the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation will be refused, withheld from, or denied an individual or that an individual's patronage or presence at a place of public accommodation is unwelcome, objectionable, unacceptable, or undesirable because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or ancestry.

(3) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this section, it is not a discriminatory practice for a person to restrict admission to a place of public accommodation to individuals of one sex if such restriction has a bona fide relationship to the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of such place of public accommodation.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#2906 Jul 31, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
24-34-601. Discrimination in places of public accommodation

(1) As used in this part 6, "place of public accommodation" means any place of business engaged in any sales to the public and any place offering services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations to the public, including but not limited to any business offering wholesale or retail sales to the public; any place to eat, drink, sleep, or rest, or any combination thereof; any sporting or recreational area and facility; any public transportation facility; a barber shop, bathhouse, swimming pool, bath, steam or massage parlor, gymnasium, or other establishment conducted to serve the health, appearance, or physical condition of a person; a campsite or trailer camp; a dispensary, clinic, hospital, convalescent home, or other institution for the sick, ailing, aged, or infirm; a mortuary, undertaking parlor, or cemetery; an educational institution; or any public building, park, arena, theater, hall, auditorium, museum, library, exhibit, or public facility of any kind whether indoor or outdoor. "Place of public accommodation" shall not include a church, synagogue, mosque, or other place that is principally used for religious purposes.
(2) It is a discriminatory practice and unlawful for a person, directly or indirectly, to refuse, withhold from, or deny to an individual or a group, because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or ancestry, the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation or, directly or indirectly, to publish, circulate, issue, display, post, or mail any written, electronic, or printed communication, notice, or advertisement that indicates that the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation will be refused, withheld from, or denied an individual or that an individual's patronage or presence at a place of public accommodation is unwelcome, objectionable, unacceptable, or undesirable because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or ancestry.

(3) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this section, it is not a discriminatory practice for a person to restrict admission to a place of public accommodation to individuals of one sex if such restriction has a bona fide relationship to the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of such place of public accommodation.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2907 Jul 31, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>24-34-601. Discrimination in places of public accommodation
Looks like you're stuck on stupid too.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#2908 Aug 1, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you're stuck on stupid too.
Yesterday I saw a photo of a boy and a cat lying on the floor of a hospital to sleep because there where no beds left for them. These two were the only survivors of the boys home. The child has no parents now, no family, no home. Just his cat.

Why is my sex life more important for you to be concerned about rather than that boy and the war policies that killed his family?

I guess I am stuck on stupid.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2909 Aug 1, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The government didn't force him to believe anything, and it did not punish him in any way. It forced him to treat anyone who frequented his establishment equally, and to provide the same services to all who asked for them. Doing so in no way infringed upon his freedoms.
Only an idiot would claim to the contrary.
Truly the government is forcing him to support and participate in a institution that you believe in but he does not... To say otherwise is being dishonest.

Location hidden

#2910 Aug 1, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I never claimed there was world peace. Where did you get that from?
<quoted text>
Aristotle gave a good basic understanding of logic. It's been updated a bit since then. What do you mean by why?
<quoted text>
How so? Which of the values I stated supported Stalin's regime?
No, I never claimed there was world peace. Where did you get that from?” From your words...“The entire world is at war? News to me. Compared to the few thousand years, skirmishes in Israel, Iraq, and Ukraine are small potatoes.”
Why don’t you explain what your really meant?

“Aristotle gave a good basic understanding of logic. It's been updated a bit since then. What do you mean by why?” So Aristotle gives you an understanding of logic? What is that understanding and why do you give it credit? Why not Stalin philosophy?
Respect71 wrote:

“How so? Which of the values I stated supported Stalin's regime?”“secular values” supported his regime and he slaughtered Christians because of his “secular values”... He believed as you that “secular values” are superior to religious ones... Thus causeing the largest saluter in human history. "secular values" have cause the worst distraction in all of human history.

Location hidden

#2911 Aug 1, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me the purpose. Stop running away from questions.
<quoted text>
You have not refuted the position, which has been strongly established.
<quoted text>
I can, but I'm not going to engage in a conversation with you when you constantly answer questions with questions rather than honestly answering anything.
WHY does the god of the Bible tell the Hebrews they can purchase, capture, and own slaves?
“Tell me the purpose.” The save His creation to Him.

“You have not refuted the position, which has been strongly established.” I have and one verse won’t change the truth.

“I can, but I'm not going to engage in a conversation with you when you constantly answer questions with questions rather than honestly answering anything.” You ignorance is causeing you to think otherwise.

“WHY does the god of the Bible tell the Hebrews they can purchase, capture, and own slaves?” Relationship.

Location hidden

#2912 Aug 1, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already corrected your error numerous times. Repeating it as a talking point just makes you look like even more of a fool.
<quoted text>
You're engaging in special pleading.
“I've already corrected your error numerous times. Repeating it as a talking point just makes you look like even more of a fool.” I’m not the one who’s “values” don’t “don't "come" from anywhere.”

“You're engaging in special pleading.”... Your comparison of skin color to the institution of marriage need to be founded... On what might that be?

Location hidden

#2913 Aug 1, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the relationship between God and humanity? Is God seeking to improve that relatinoship?
If so, what part of the relationship is improved by humans owning slaves?
What does it mean to serve, to be served and to understand the relationship of those principles? I serve the Creator of the Universe and for that I am thankful... as a consequence I serve humanity despite their sin and love them in Grace. God’s grace, not mine.

Location hidden

#2914 Aug 1, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>24-34-601. Discrimination in places of public accommodation
Again.... The baker is not discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, but the support and the participation of the institution.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#2915 Aug 2, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly the government is forcing him to support and participate in a institution that you believe in but he does not... To say otherwise is being dishonest.
Wait. I thought you said that you support SSM and that it's the same as heterosexual marriage.

Guess the truth is that for you and this baker only 'certain' marriages are proper.

Lides believes in the traditional institution of marriage as do I. That is why so many of us call it "MARRIAGE EQUALITY".

The fact that YOU and this baker want to make our marriages something LESS THAN THE INSTITUTION OF MARRIAGE shows that basically you want us to shut up and move to the back of the bus.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2916 Aug 3, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
No, they aren't. He was left the option of not discriminating by not offering the service, which is what he elected to do.

To say that "the government is forcing him to support and participate in a institution that you believe in but he does not," is the lie.

Those who support open bigotry and discrimination would see a much more ugly America. And it would in no way be a Christian one. Who knew, you are both a bad Christian, and bad American?
Omar

Columbus, OH

#2918 Aug 3, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Jesus obviously hates Poop1. Lookit how stupid he made him. Good work Jesus! Is it a joke? Whatever, it's funny. Yay Jesus! You the man.
Poof ancestors were court jesters and lackeys Poof cannot help it he/it was born that way'goofy'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Devil Clown Inc. Big Top Saloon (Dec '11) 28 min Izzy-_- 3,428
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 3 hr Respect71 28,142
Opiates 10 hr Sven_210-303 3
is anyone willing to adopt a newborn baby? (Feb '15) 12 hr jay and barbara 5
News Nude man in high heels causes lockdown (Apr '07) 12 hr andet1987 31
last post wins! (Feb '11) 20 hr -Prince- 26,287
Poll Why do Blonde Guys not like Ashley? (Dec '11) 22 hr Izzy-_- 57

Greenwood Village Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance