Building owners disappointed Country Dinner Playhouse is closed

Full story: KUSA Denver

" The owners of the land and building that houses The Country Dinner Playhouse say they are just as surprised and disappointed about the sudden closing as everyone else.
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated May 24, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe Smith

Commerce City, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

This isn't true, the property owners at TUO knew that the lease was immediately necessary for the Playhouse to continue business and after telling the Playhouse that they would give them a lease through next year, never followed through with thier promise. They may have been surprised about the abrupt closing but they knew very well that the business was in trouble without that lease.
Cindy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

I have purchased 12 tickets to "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" for the July 21st showing. Our party was coming from out of state to see the show. What now!!??
GMAN

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

Bummer...
David

Loveland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

Ahhh Betty..Betty..Betty..
I see you have not taken my advice from your other rants on Story Chat -- Honey, really ... you need to get laid, get a boyfriend, do something... but stop this...it's not healthy. You've got serious mental issues when you stalk and roam the boards, looking for something horrid to say to a stranger. I realize the anonymity of chat rooms, empowers you, gives you the power and voice you don't have in reality - but now is the time, to stop. For you, my dear, are the unimaginative one - trolling the boards to spew your poison venom. Again.. get a prescription, read a book, find some friends, get a dildo.. do something... but stop posting your hate.
GMAN

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

Dave - I think she IS trying to get laid. Look.. she suggested an orgy! If that's not an invitation, I don't know what is. Get her 10 digits and get hooked up, man!
David wrote:
I see you have not taken my advice from your other rants on Story Chat -- Honey, really ... you need to get laid, get a boyfriend, do something... but stop this...it's not healthy. You've got serious mental issues when you stalk and roam the boards, looking for something horrid to say to a stranger. I realize the anonymity of chat rooms, empowers you, gives you the power and voice you don't have in reality - but now is the time, to stop. For you, my dear, are the unimaginative one - trolling the boards to spew your poison venom. Again.. get a prescription, read a book, find some friends, get a dildo.. do something... but stop posting your hate.
Janell Meyer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

This situation is so disappointing. My daughter's Kindergarten class collected donations from parents and purchased a gift certificate from the CDP for their incredible teacher as an end of year gift. We received the certificate the day CDP closed its doors. Now we have all been left hanging!
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS. People like this are trying to get a rise and cause trouble. Flag the post as inappropriate and it'll be reviewed and probably removed.

But don't act like these people are serious. They've been an intermittent problem on sites like slashdot for years. For a while these fools got so bad they thought of killing the comment section.

Like I said, flag the post, ignore, and move on. if they get removed and don't get a reaction, they don't have fun and move on their sad lives...
David wrote:
ThorntonTaxpayer

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

Cindy wrote:
I have purchased 12 tickets to "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" for the July 21st showing. Our party was coming from out of state to see the show. What now!!??
If you used a credit card, try a chargeback. Contact your bank or credit card number.

For the woman that bought a gift certificate for the Kindergarten teacher- Since parents most likely gave cash, I'm assuming you used cash to buy the gift certificate. I would call the Boulder Dinner Theater with your dilemma and see if they would honor the certificate for the teacher for a different show.
Roxana in Colo Springs

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

Sad to hear - a great loss.
MIKE

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

Joe Smith wrote:
This isn't true, the property owners at TUO knew that the lease was immediately necessary for the Playhouse to continue business and after telling the Playhouse that they would give them a lease through next year, never followed through with thier promise. They may have been surprised about the abrupt closing but they knew very well that the business was in trouble without that lease.
Sorry but I don't agree with you because the playhouse operators are still not responding to the media. They are in hiding and will not answer calls or emails. They left a cowardly letter on their door. They owe many employees, clients, customers and businesses money. They need to go on camera and tell the public the truth, not hide and hope it all goes away. If you ask me they are criminals now steeling money from customers and employees. The food sucked anyway. Oh, and you spelled their wrong...it's their not thier
MIKE

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

Cindy wrote:
E-Bay!!!! People there will buy anything.
They might be collector items one day.....Okay, maybe not!!!! Ha ha, good luck Cynthia.
MIKE

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

stealing, oooops type "O"
Denver Doh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

Cindy wrote:
Take them for the Coors tour and drink beer.
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

I was very disappinted to hear that the Country Dinner Playhouse had closed. I have been a patron of this establishment since I was 12 years old. I would love to see some investors or patrons of the arts come forward and help re-open the CDP. This is a Denver Landmark and it would be ashame for future generations not to have the chance to experience it.
A teacher

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
How 'bout an orgy, you unimaginative idiot.
You've got some unresolved anger issues don't you?
Cheri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

I thought that they had been trying to come to some sort of agreement for some time now. How can the building owners claim that they knew nothing about it ?
Someone is lieing here. What a drag for the employees. I know I wouldn't be happy to just lose my pay check.
Cheri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

Wow Betty,
What's your deal anyway. I for one liked Seven Brides for Seven Brohers. Or maybe you just thought that was clever. I can't help but think that maybe you need to get a little action of your own since orgy was what you came up with.
You know I have a friend ..........
Tom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

This is all too common the owners spend the money on personal needs. But no money for business needs!
MIKE

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

A teacher wrote:
<quoted text>You've got some unresolved anger issues don't you?
OH NO A TEACHER!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, only if I was 13 again.
VISA_MC

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

ThorntonTaxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
If you used a credit card, try a chargeback. Contact your bank or credit card number...
This is correct and you will get your money back if you used a credit card. Just contact your issuing bank of the credit card. You will need to include a written statement with your dispute.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for Arapahoe County was issued at July 29 at 10:23PM MDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greenwood Village Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greenwood Village People Search