Police officer ok after crashing cruiser

Police officer ok after crashing cruiser

There are 18 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Apr 4, 2007, titled Police officer ok after crashing cruiser. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

VIEW SLIDESHOW GREENWOOD VILLAGE - A police officer is ok after crashing his cruiser Tuesday night while chasing a pair of suspected carjackers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

carol

United States

#1 Apr 4, 2007
This is actually in Centennial since I got to see it from the front row.
Dude

Boulder, CO

#2 Apr 4, 2007
"Came to a stop in the Chapel Hill cemetery".- Omen?

Since: Apr 07

Omaha, NE

#3 Apr 4, 2007
darn
Mike

Englewood, CO

#4 Apr 4, 2007
What a beautiful cemetery, I hope there was no injury to the park.
Naldr

United States

#5 Apr 4, 2007
So the police crashed another car. How many crashes have they been involved in lately? Was alcohol involved? Even suspected? Come on, that has to be the reason, or could it be speed? Nah, lost control because going to fast, nah. Couldn't be!
Cindy-Lynn

Morrison, CO

#6 Apr 4, 2007
Dude wrote:
"Came to a stop in the Chapel Hill cemetery".- Omen?
I know huh...=/

“Denver Bear”

Since: Apr 07

Lakewood, CO

#7 Apr 4, 2007
This is really just a test to see if my entry finally doesn't list "Houston, TX" as my location (I'm in Lakewood, CO). Move along, nothing to see here.
why

Denver, CO

#9 Apr 4, 2007
Naldr wrote:
So the police crashed another car. How many crashes have they been involved in lately? Was alcohol involved? Even suspected? Come on, that has to be the reason, or could it be speed? Nah, lost control because going to fast, nah. Couldn't be!
Yeah, it couldn't be the dirtbag felon that took a DU student's car at gunpoint, then led the police through three jurisdictions before the pit manuver was used by the police to stop him.

The police officer who performed the manuver did his job, put his life on the line to protect you...the average citizen. You should be grateful instead of alleging that the officer is to blame.
Deb

Monroe, LA

#11 Apr 4, 2007
why wrote:
<quoted text>

Yeah, it couldn't be the dirtbag felon that took a DU student's car at gunpoint, then led the police through three jurisdictions before the pit manuver was used by the police to stop him.

The police officer who performed the manuver did his job, put his life on the line to protect you...the average citizen. You should be grateful instead of alleging that the officer is to blame.
Some people are just like that.. they always come up with some negative crap. Makes 'em feel good to whine. Probably a relative or friend of the ones they were chasing..
Naldr

United States

#12 Apr 4, 2007
Probably because there is a lot more going on then people want to really admit to. Cops never do anything wrong, even if they are chasing someone at 120 mph, that radio isn't as fast the chaser is! I see that public safety is not important as long as a cop is involved. They are always right. They don't have to wear a seat belts because they're saving people's lives. They don't have to worry about 120 mph chase cause they are doing the good deed, be damned that there are others on the road and other methods may work.
Way to many people being led around by the ring in their nose!
Naldr

United States

#13 Apr 4, 2007
Obviously the point escaped the more astute!

And my rebuttal was obviously not PC enough for the moderator. So we'll see if this one is delicate enough for big brother to let through.
Nicole

United States

#14 Apr 4, 2007
This is the same area I chased the person who stole my car to. It must be popular. They think they get away in the neighborhoods but if you dont know the neighborhood its a trap.
Deb

Monroe, LA

#15 Apr 4, 2007
Naldr wrote:
Probably because there is a lot more going on then people want to really admit to. Cops never do anything wrong, even if they are chasing someone at 120 mph, that radio isn't as fast the chaser is! I see that public safety is not important as long as a cop is involved. They are always right. They don't have to wear a seat belts because they're saving people's lives. They don't have to worry about 120 mph chase cause they are doing the good deed, be damned that there are others on the road and other methods may work.
Way to many people being led around by the ring in their nose!
you have your opinion. That is fine. never call 911 for help. if you do, you are a hypocrite. there seem to be a few of you around. poor soul. got a ticket once I presume? or a warning for too loud of a party? what is your excuse? obviously the idiots he was chasing didn't worry about if it was YOU on the road, they would have wiped you out. and unfortunately the cop would have stopped to help your sorry ass. It's not the cops fault the A HOLES run.. it's their fault for starting a chase, the cop is trying to stop them before they hurt someone else... Put the blame where it belongs. Many times they chase because if they do not, then your idiots you are defending will do worse..(Carjackers will take your car without caring who you are. Too bad it wasn't your car they took, because then you would be singing a different tune here.) Ya gotta know if you run, you will be chased. We can argue about this all day, but the bottom line is that you are defending criminals and putting down the very people who would save YOU. Nice..
that whole thing with the guy going 120mph and killing those kids.. he would have done it whether he was being chased or not.. he did it before and he was doing it again. It's the freakin' criminals causing the tragedies and you are down on the very people trying to make it safer for you.
Bobo is here

Denver, CO

#16 Apr 4, 2007
Naldr wrote:
Probably because there is a lot more going on then people want to really admit to. Cops never do anything wrong, even if they are chasing someone at 120 mph, that radio isn't as fast the chaser is! I see that public safety is not important as long as a cop is involved. They are always right. They don't have to wear a seat belts because they're saving people's lives. They don't have to worry about 120 mph chase cause they are doing the good deed, be damned that there are others on the road and other methods may work.
Way to many people being led around by the ring in their nose!
Yes, there probably is a lot more going on. The police do not chase people like they used to. Many, many chases are terminated before they start because of whiners like you. Many bad people are still walking the streets because people like you don't let them do their jobs.

What other methods could the police use to stop these people? I'm curious.

Public safety is not important? Wrong argument. Police officers are actually sworn to protect the public. But then people like you prevent them from carrying out their sworn duty.

Again nalder, I'm curious. When was your last contact with a police officer? The way you talk, I'd say that chances are high that you didn't like the outcome. So now...all cops are bad, public safety isn't important, and the cop that we prevent from doing his job was probably drinking when he was trying to stop a bad guy.

You make about as much sense as Ralph Nacchio. Try again.
Allison

Charlotte, NC

#17 Apr 4, 2007
so glad the officer is ok! Kinda sad these guys thought they'd get away in a VW bug though.
Naldr

Denver, CO

#19 Apr 4, 2007
Yeap, the cops just got home and turned on the news, I'm surprised they actually have computer skills, must have taken a couple hours to hunt peak, don't you guys get off at 4?

Actually I have a very good sense of right and wrong, I think it's the "ALL MIGHTY" figures the don't. Your guns do speak for your other appendages don't they!
Naldr

Denver, CO

#20 Apr 4, 2007
As a matter of fact I am glad the officer is okay, and no, I don't think the 120 mph would have taken place if pursuit haden't taken place. That's the "GOD ALMIGHTY " syndrome, and no, I have respect for authority and laws, just not ignorance and Gesttapo technics of hired thugs and golden rulers !
Dude

Boulder, CO

#21 Apr 4, 2007
Naldr wrote:
As a matter of fact I am glad the officer is okay, and no, I don't think the 120 mph would have taken place if pursuit haden't taken place. That's the "GOD ALMIGHTY " syndrome, and no, I have respect for authority and laws, just not ignorance and Gesttapo technics of hired thugs and golden rulers !
I don't get it. This was "forcible" theft. Isn't someone who is willing to do this also capable of greater violence?

Seriously, what do you expect them to do? Schedule an appointment and engage the suspects in conflict resolution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Respect71 is a hypocritical LOSER (Dec '15) 10 min nipplewolf 4
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 22 min Respect71 29,119
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Rattlesnake Pete 52,077
What does Pelosi, Somali refugees, Catholic chu... (Jun '10) Wed Rattlesnake Pete 2
CHI-St. Lukes Health CEO's Jul 19 anonymous 5
News Aurora motel residents resist eviction after ne... Jun '17 troyetaylor 1
News Colorado Hemp Honey Is the Bee's Knees - and a ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Elise Gingerdoodle 1

Greenwood Village Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwood Village Mortgages