Pregnant smokers may suffer depression

Full story: KUSA Denver

More than one in 10 pregnant women smoke, and new research suggests many of them also may suffer from depression, making kicking the habit even harder.
Comments
1 - 20 of 69 Comments Last updated Feb 27, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Not True

Denver, CO

#1 Sep 10, 2007
Not true, in fact it was the happiest time of my life being pregnant. it wasn't until after I gave birth that I got depressed.
Peter

Canada

#2 Sep 10, 2007
The best idea is to never start smoking. At the very least quit before planning on getting pregnant and avoid all of the possible complications

“OWNERS CHOICE = PATRONS CHOICE”

Since: Jun 07

United States

#3 Sep 10, 2007
Well....I have to agree with you on this one Peter...

Not True..... The idea is here, that they were depressed before they got pregnant....

Some women get pregnant thinking it will "help" their relationship or their marriage....Big Mistake.
longmont

United States

#4 Sep 13, 2007
doctor's should not accept woman that smoke while pregnant. And insurance companies shouldn't pay for these kinds of deliveries. Make the stupid woman pay out of her pocket. That's right, stupid, as in don't they know any better.
No Smoking in the USA

Denver, CO

#5 Sep 13, 2007
Maybe they are depressed and pregnant first, and start smoking as a long term suicide
SmokeFree

Parlin, NJ

#6 Sep 13, 2007
longmont wrote:
doctor's should not accept woman that smoke while pregnant. And insurance companies shouldn't pay for these kinds of deliveries. Make the stupid woman pay out of her pocket. That's right, stupid, as in don't they know any better.
Yup, I agree. Pregnant Smokers should be put in jail for child abuse. Absolutely amazing that in 2007 any pregnant woman would smoke. It's the same as parents that smoke in their cars with kids in it. Addicts, Addicts, Addicts!!!

United States

#7 Sep 13, 2007
SmokeFree wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, I agree. Pregnant Smokers should be put in jail for child abuse. Absolutely amazing that in 2007 any pregnant woman would smoke. It's the same as parents that smoke in their cars with kids in it. Addicts, Addicts, Addicts!!!
You are riding a very big horse there....be careful.......It's their body remember,,,,Smoking and being pregnant isn't near as bad as just killing the infant outright by abortion methods.......

Butt out of every ones personal choices dip....

Ladies ---- smoking while you are pregnant is not a very kind thing to do to your child.....
No Smoking in the USA

Denver, CO

#8 Sep 13, 2007
SmokeFree wrote:
<quoted text>
They are just being selfish. They only care about themselves, as do most smokers. That is why they want to force us to breathe their poison in public places. It's not enough to hurt themselves they want to bring others down with them

United States

#9 Sep 13, 2007
No Smoking in the USA wrote:
<quoted text>
They are just being selfish. They only care about themselves, as do most smokers. That is why they want to force us to breathe their poison in public places. It's not enough to hurt themselves they want to bring others down with them
We never forced you to do anything.....
You are the ones doing the forcing.....

Where you are going I will not follow......My grandmother escaped from Germany,,,, I will not let my descendents be forced to live like they had to with that low life hitler. "No Rights"..

Pro-Choice remember,,,,,Abortion is legal....My body remember.... Well........are we pro-choice or not....

Point -- I voted against abortion.
No Smoking in the USA

Denver, CO

#10 Sep 13, 2007
fun lovin life wrote:
<quoted text>
We never forced you to do anything.....
You are the ones doing the forcing.....
Where you are going I will not follow......My grandmother escaped from Germany,,,, I will not let my descendents be forced to live like they had to with that low life hitler. "No Rights"..
Pro-Choice remember,,,,,Abortion is legal....My body remember.... Well........are we pro-choice or not....
Point -- I voted against abortion.
What?????? Am I forcing you to breathe cleaner air? Shame on me. So you are pro choice but you voted against abortion? What about the rights of your descendants? I think the cloud you are breathing is clouding your judgement

United States

#11 Sep 13, 2007
No........I voted against abortion.....the country claims Pro-Choice........That being what it is means that America is Pro-Choice....yet, we find it reasonable to involve legislation into making decisions......Tobacco is legal, I wish it were not..... but that has nothing to do with Property rights....
No Smoking in the USA

Aurora, CO

#12 Sep 13, 2007
fun lovin life wrote:
No........I voted against abortion.....the country claims Pro-Choice........That being what it is means that America is Pro-Choice....yet, we find it reasonable to involve legislation into making decisions......Tobacco is legal, I wish it were not..... but that has nothing to do with Property rights....
A typical response from a typical smoker. You voted against abortion because you are mad that they have taken away your smoking rights. If you can't have rights, why should someone else, right? Very selfish
Nun Ya Biz Nass

Littleton, CO

#13 Sep 13, 2007
Look, every one is entitled to their own personal life choices. No, not every choice is the best and there are consequences that come with every health risk. That is going to be the smokers problem, not yours. And for someone to say that it's ok to deny health care for pregnant smokers is stupid. I smoked with both my children and they are the most amazing kids and also the healthiest. Why not attack the pregnant mothers that drink!!!! That causes more serious damage to an unborn child than smoking! They put all these taxes and restrictions out there to prevent smoking but what about drinking? How many times have you read about a car accident because someone was smoking? And drinking? Exactly, why not tax and restrict drinking. Then we could keep the morons that threaten the lives of my children when they are in the car, off the roads! Every one is so concerned about smoking but drinking is not any better but I don't hear anyone making statements about that! What about liver damage, brain damage. Drinking decreases life expectancy by a lot too. Don't deny anyone of anything just because they don't share the same beliefs as you. You just might miss out on meeting someone who is a great person whether or not habitual actions interfere with your lifestyle. And no smokers arn't selfish, I know plenty that would refrain or leave an area to smoke if you asked them to.
Steve W

Denver, CO

#14 Sep 14, 2007
Nun Ya Biz Nass wrote:
Look, every one is entitled to their own personal life choices. No, not every choice is the best and there are consequences that come with every health risk. That is going to be the smokers problem, not yours. And for someone to say that it's ok to deny health care for pregnant smokers is stupid. I smoked with both my children and they are the most amazing kids and also the healthiest. Why not attack the pregnant mothers that drink!!!! That causes more serious damage to an unborn child than smoking! They put all these taxes and restrictions out there to prevent smoking but what about drinking? How many times have you read about a car accident because someone was smoking? And drinking? Exactly, why not tax and restrict drinking. Then we could keep the morons that threaten the lives of my children when they are in the car, off the roads! Every one is so concerned about smoking but drinking is not any better but I don't hear anyone making statements about that! What about liver damage, brain damage. Drinking decreases life expectancy by a lot too. Don't deny anyone of anything just because they don't share the same beliefs as you. You just might miss out on meeting someone who is a great person whether or not habitual actions interfere with your lifestyle. And no smokers arn't selfish, I know plenty that would refrain or leave an area to smoke if you asked them to.
This is a forum about smoking, not drinking. Go start a new blog about drinking. I agree with the no smoking person about smokers being selfish. The vast majority are.

United States

#15 Sep 14, 2007
No Smoking in the USA wrote:
<quoted text>
A typical response from a typical smoker. You voted against abortion because you are mad that they have taken away your smoking rights. If you can't have rights, why should someone else, right? Very selfish
Ummm.... the voting process that took place for abortion was, let's say at least a "few" years ago dim wit.....Just how old are you anyway to not know this......

The abortion issue was at least 20 years ago.. I voted then..

The smoking issue is brand new....wow..

So.... are we a pro-choice nation or not...

Try really hard to not make yourself look foolish this time...
No Smoking in the USA

Denver, CO

#16 Sep 14, 2007
fun lovin life wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm.... the voting process that took place for abortion was, let's say at least a "few" years ago dim wit.....Just how old are you anyway to not know this......
The abortion issue was at least 20 years ago.. I voted then..
The smoking issue is brand new....wow..
So.... are we a pro-choice nation or not...
Try really hard to not make yourself look foolish this time...
So 20 years ago you were against people having rights, but now, since it is smoking, you want the rights? Please ma'am, stop with the contradictions

United States

#17 Sep 14, 2007
Well at least I care.....Obviously you do not...

PRIVATE PROPERTY OWNERS RIGHTS.....

FORCED BEHAVIOR BREEDS FORCED REBELLION........

United States

#18 Sep 14, 2007
BTW........ I am still against people killing their children.....

But since the country allows the murdering of our own offspring (when nothing is wrong with the child or mother)..that is definetly harming another through a choice of action.. But yet you are afraid of a little smoke......hypocrites.

grow up
No Smoking in the USA

Denver, CO

#19 Sep 14, 2007
fun lovin life wrote:
BTW........ I am still against people killing their children.....
But since the country allows the murdering of our own offspring (when nothing is wrong with the child or mother)..that is definetly harming another through a choice of action.. But yet you are afraid of a little smoke......hypocrites.
grow up
I'm not afraid of your poison smoke, but I have the right NOT to breathe it. The government has backed me up on this, so you are wasting your breath. Speaking of the children, how many smokers expose their children to their poisons against their will. Kind of like abortion isnt it?

United States

#21 Sep 14, 2007
True Grit wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since we are pushing and forcing and you don't like it, since the NATION is forging toward a tobacco free system, where are you going to go?
One city One state One NATION at a time tobacco free. The bans go on and on and on.
And, once again for the slow to learn...I am quitting.....BUT... I will never give up the fight...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 2 hr positronium 12,422
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Terra Firma 3,022
Denver youth-facility staffer charged with abuse (Jul '09) 5 hr Hary kall 154
Review: Back 2 Life Chiropractic/Acupuncture 10 hr SopiaWright02 2
Denver Health Medical Center, place of horrors (Jul '13) 20 hr Quirky 21
wheres the pain meds? Sun dev 4
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) Sun Random person 142
•••
•••
Greenwood Village Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greenwood Village Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greenwood Village People Search