Jehovah's Witness deal riles Aurora neighbors

Oct 23, 2010 Full story: Denver Post 110

Residents in the Serenity Ridge neighborhood are upset by plans to sell nearby land for a massive Jehovah's Witness assembly hall, the first such hall in Colorado.

Full Story
Mrs. Jebahnski

Lockhart, TX

#81 Jul 21, 2012
Mysteryman wrote:
I only have one thing to say to people who are obviously against Jehovah's Witnesses. If you feel that they do not offer anything positive to the community, fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion. But as certain people have said in this forum, things like JW's have nutcases, are a 'cult', have pedophiles, and 'reformed' violent offenders, I just have one thing to say. JW's teach only what is in God's word the Bible. Nothing they come to your door with is based on opinion of any kind. The Bible teaches things such as how to show love to one another, forgiveness, to not be spiteful or hurtful in things you say or do. JW's do more than their fair share in the community by being among the first to arrive on scene at major disasters such as 9/11, and Katrina. They do this out of love from the heart and because it is God's will. So when you say 'prove it', please take your own advice and base what you say on actual fact, not on opinion that comes merely from hatred because of something you heard.
They arrive at disasters early so that they can help ONLY their own, and that they even do badly. They use "donated" materials from the generous community, free labor via brothers that come down to help, and then when the homeowner gets the payout from insurance, it is signed over to the Society. 100% profit margin!

During 9-11, they locked themselves in their headquarters building and wouldn't help anyone coming across the Brooklyn Bridge.

The neighborhood will be filled with cars and traffic, noise, and mentally ill persons and pedophiles, since JWs hide both until it's too late.

JWs do not volunteer in the community, nor are they charitable with their funds. It all goes to "Mother" who uses the money to pay out settlements to victims of the pedophiles they hide and protect.

JWs are a cult. Don't let *anyone* tell you any different!
Mrs. Jebahnski

Lockhart, TX

#82 Jul 21, 2012
Personna Non Grata wrote:
There will always be detractors out there that can't accept what you tell them as fact about one self, but that's their problem. As stated previously, I'm not a JW, but have friends and family that are. I've known many over the years,both in England and here as well.

I have first hand knowledge, and not deduced from some "Apostate" blogs. To be a JW takes a lot of dedication and stamina, unlike other christian denominations (small c) where they get their ears tickled once a week, and nothing is really required of them in the service of Jesus Christ, except to reach for their back pockets.

Yes, lets talk about charities. One reason JW's stay away from this activity, most of them are scams, and those that are not, according to recent surveys in this country... indicates that on average only 20% go to the INTENDED victims.(you can use Haiti for example) Historically, JW's lend a hand to those that have been devastated in those areas where there our JW congregations situated. Such as....
http://www.jw-media.org/aboutjw/article44.htm

For a very small Christian entity compared to organized religion, there are blogs out there that can't even be counted, dedicated to one thing, to destroy their credibility..[it ain't gonna happen] We even have this venue dedicated to JW's with no others mentioned. This alone tells me that the JW's are on to something that Satan don't want others to hear! To glean information from those "apostate' websites has a predictable outcome.

Remember, the Whole World is "lying in the power of the wicked one [Devil.]" 1 Jh. 5:19. So what's new??

.Further more, this church is the only one that seriously conducts itself according to scripture. I.e. they don't take up arms and wage war(s), whereas historically, you find catholics and protestants killing one another in different lands. There the only Christian organization that carries out their ministry according to the example that Christ and the apostles set, other than the Mormons which young males go from house to house on a 2 year commitment. Witnesses, male and female, do it all their lives.

"While I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house. But I thoroughly bore witness both to Jews and to Greeks about repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus." Ac. 20:20,21

I'll let them expound on:

Jesus' influence & living up to his requirements:
http://www.watchtower.org/e/20050315a/article...

Their view of authority:
http://www.jw-media.org/aboutjw/article11.htm...

JW's shaping civil liberty's for themselves, has had a residual effect on all:
http://www.jw-media.org/aboutjw/article12.htm...

Blood Issue:
http://www.jw-media.org/aboutjw/medical.htm
Your "cult speak" buzz words speak volumes on their own. Those of us raised in it know them like the back of their hands.
Jace

Clinton, MD

#83 Jul 21, 2012
"Mysteryman"]

I just have one thing to say. JW's teach only what is in God's word the Bible. Nothing they come to your door with is based on opinion of any kind.

?)????????

Whenever you see a poster say the above you know they are either a new jw or not a jw at all

It shows to everyone this poster has little to know knowledge of this religion

Ok folks lets school this Poor soul
TPMP

United States

#84 Jul 21, 2012
I'm sure a peaceful assembely hall of Jehovah's Witnesses will be welcomed in Aurora, Colorado.

Especially in light of this past weeks gruesome, unfortunate and tragic events.
Christian Witness

Owasso, OK

#86 Jul 22, 2012
It does not matter what anyone thinks of Jehovah's witnesses, they are bent on doing God's will as it is directed through Jehovah God's loyal and obedient servants, based on the Scriptures as their authority. Matthew 7:21

Those who point to dates, only know half truths about prophecy being fulfilled since 1914, because 1975 is a perfect example of Matthew 13:40,41

These ex witnesses are the haters of Jehovah God's visible earthly organization, they have taken the side of Satan, and are doing his will, to mislead mankind away from Almighty God Jehovah and everlasting life in God's new world, soon to be here.
Revelation 12:9

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#87 Jul 22, 2012
Christian Witness wrote:
It does not matter what anyone thinks of Jehovah's witnesses, they are bent on doing God's will as it is directed through Jehovah God's loyal and obedient servants, based on the Scriptures as their authority. Matthew 7:21
Those who point to dates, only know half truths about prophecy being fulfilled since 1914, because 1975 is a perfect example of Matthew 13:40,41
These ex witnesses are the haters of Jehovah God's visible earthly organization, they have taken the side of Satan, and are doing his will, to mislead mankind away from Almighty God Jehovah and everlasting life in God's new world, soon to be here.
no they are lovers of truth, seeing they could not find anywhere in the bible where these dates could be found for the end. Many xJW have left not because of immorality like you leaders would like to slander, but because the GB stumbled them with their stupid running ahead of Gods word, while they commended some for selling of their homes to go where the need was great because of the end was just around the corner, in their other breath they blamed them for being over zealous, then a few years later they admitted that they were over zealous, but not one apology.

what do you expect from people your b/s, they believed the GB put faith in, now you say they are apostates for not believing in the GB. Were you around in the seventies, or do you buy the crap from the WT apostates.

“Gods love ... poured out”

Since: Dec 06

Sacramento

#88 Jul 22, 2012
Christian Witness wrote:
We, ex-JWs, are haters of the Watchtower Corporation Cult.

It has nothing to do with Almighty God, or an imagined "God's earthly organization", and we have no part with Satan, Cults fill that part.
Christian Witness

United States

#90 Jul 22, 2012
All ex Jehovah's witnesses are dead, they do not have Jehovah's holy spirit available to them anymore. Inactive means you are dying.

When you deceive yourself, and Satan is your god, then you believe the lie, as with homosexual or gay ministers and laity, any ungodly lies you preach become truth to you, Jesus does not accept you as his subjects. Matthew 7:21

The Watchtower printing Co. is not Jehovah God or Jesus as our reigning King, it is only a means to preach the word of God, and help people find the truth. John 8:32

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#91 Jul 22, 2012
Christian Witness wrote:
All ex Jehovah's witnesses are dead, they do not have Jehovah's holy spirit available to them anymore. Inactive means you are dying.
When you deceive yourself, and Satan is your god, then you believe the lie, as with homosexual or gay ministers and laity, any ungodly lies you preach become truth to you, Jesus does not accept you as his subjects. Matthew 7:21
The Watchtower printing Co. is not Jehovah God or Jesus as our reigning King, it is only a means to preach the word of God, and help people find the truth. John 8:32
wow, incactive means dying, never heard that from the platform, nor have I read anything like that in a WT publication. We have a few what the GB call inactive in the KH, they go to meetings but not out in field service, are they dying?

I do agree that as a deciple one must preach about Christ and the good news.

“Gods love ... poured out”

Since: Dec 06

Sacramento

#92 Jul 23, 2012
Christian Witness wrote:
Well, I am an ex-Jehovah's witnesses and I am here to tell you I am fully alive, more than I ever was as one of Jehovah's witnesses.

The Bible says of Jesus, "IN HIM WAS LIFE" and all who accept Jesus as Lord and Savior have life. I have done that, and I live because of Jesus.

I do not claim to be "in the truth" as Jehovah's witnesses do, EXCEPT, that I am in Jesus Christ who is THE TRUTH.

That excludes the Watchtower Corporation Cult, or, any of the current Jehovah's witnesses organizations, from being "the truth".
Georgie

Lockhart, TX

#94 Jul 23, 2012
The Truth never changes, it is constant, solid, and steady. If this were God's spirit-directed organization, there would be no need for "new light" as God's direction is Truth and Final Truth. There would be no flip-flopping in doctrine, nor setting of dates. The Bible says we know neither the hour or the day, yet JWs have consistently put out dates for Armagheddon since their inception.

And if one is willing to look deep enough, they will realize that the earliest dates were based on pyramidology, and that the JWs were steeped in Masonic symbols in the beginning. In fact Russell is buried under a pyramid headstone covered in Masonic symbols.

Yuk! If Jehovah guided *this* man in his direction and interpretation of doctrine with Masonic symbols, at the birth of this organization, well... Then we pretty much KNOW the Father of the JW religion.
Christian Witness

Muskogee, OK

#95 Jul 23, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>wow, incactive means dying, never heard that from the platform, nor have I read anything like that in a WT publication. We have a few what the GB call inactive in the KH, they go to meetings but not out in field service, are they dying?
I do agree that as a deciple one must preach about Christ and the good news.
If you are dedicated to doing Almighty God Jehovah's will, and you are not obedient to the direction of the anointed ones, you are not a witness. Because you become a minister at your baptism, you now can make progress in your spiritual growth and service to Jehovah God. Jehovah God only blesses effort to make him happy doing his will as Jesus and the apostles did.

Yes, if you are inactive...not having a productive ministry, you are dying spiritually, just going to meetings does not make you a Jehovah's witness, it only means you are taking in spiritual food to build your education as a spiritually mature Christian. Every baptized witness is suppose to be making progress spiritually, to prove they are whole souled in their worship (obedience) to Jehovah God as his ministers.

Many Jehovah's witnesses are set in their life styles, they worship Jehovah God their way, they choose what to obey or not, and they do not want any demands put on their time they deserve.
Jesus said only the sheep will be given life, the stubborn goats will not. Matthew 25:45
So Sad

Greeley, CO

#96 Dec 27, 2012
I have never read so many hateful comments. For those of you that live in the area be thankful that you didn't get a dairy or feed lot next to your precious community. I am surprised at how many appreciate having the right to knock on your neighbor's door but are the first to try to take that right away from others. Live and let live.
Marlon Cary

Pico Rivera, CA

#97 Apr 7, 2013
AuroraMom wrote:
<quoted text>
As you say PROVE IT.
Prove that it was ALWAYS zoned for place of worship, and that they wBTS did not wave $$$ to get the zoning.
I don't blame the homeowners.
These are tough times, and having a nutty cult's "assembly hall" will only hurt already declining home values.
The only nut case sounds like you they by no means a cult but the true religion.
dicow

Grand Junction, CO

#98 Jun 20, 2013
so so sad people make such poor judgements based on ignorance. Jw are not out to rake in any dough. They have rented pepsi center and other facilities for their assemblies. Now they have their own place to hold those meetings. It wont be sold anytime soon. And the congregations are not made to pay for the building. The labor is Jehovah's witnesses giving freely of their time out of love. Anyone should be so thankful to have a religion that doesnt share in greed like many churches. Their pastors/elders are never paid to preach to the congregation. Know of any other churches where the preachers don't get a salary. Before posting be informed.
dicow

Grand Junction, CO

#99 Jun 20, 2013
I was brought into the christian congregation at age 11 I am 52. Your right we know it like the front and back of our hands and your comment indicates to me that you failed to adhere to a bible principle or one you didn't want to follow therefore deeming the religion "bad /cult like". If you learned anything about Jehovah you would know he is a god of love.
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#100 Jun 21, 2013
dicow wrote:
I was brought into the christian congregation at age 11 I am 52. Your right we know it like the front and back of our hands and your comment indicates to me that you failed to adhere to a bible principle or one you didn't want to follow therefore deeming the religion "bad /cult like". If you learned anything about Jehovah you would know he is a god of love.
Are you willing to conduct an online Bible Study with me?

I have a copy of the "What Does the Bible Really Teach?" book.
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#101 Jun 21, 2013
Marlon Cary wrote:
<quoted text>
The only nut case sounds like you they by no means a cult but the true religion.
Are you willing to conduct an online Bible Study with me?

I have a copy of the "What Does the Bible Really Teach?" book.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#102 Jun 22, 2013
Obadiah 3
Stan

Colorado Springs, CO

#103 Jun 22, 2013
dicow wrote:
And the congregations are not made to pay for the building. The labor is Jehovah's witnesses giving freely of their time out of love. Anyone should be so thankful to have a religion that doesnt share in greed like many churches.
I guess you can lie in good conscience. Or, you are simply an idiot.

The labor may be free, but the materials and land are not. Who buys all the properties the watchtower owns? The membership. The greed in this religion is primarily at the top and those who live off of it.

Ever read the straw and rafter parable?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 10 min Not Yet Equal 227
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 44 min KiMerde 8,014
~:Any Word:~ (Sep '13) 45 min mossy seaman 38
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 2 hr tbird19482 15,040
Review: Dave Locks N Keys Sat ConradKayson41 15
Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Fri senior 623
Gay/Bi teens in/near Denver, Colorado Thu hutuokboy 33
More from around the web

Greenwood Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:52 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:52PM
Report: Texans D-line coach Bill Kollar to join Gary Kubiak in Denver
NBC Sports 3:16 AM
Report: Broncos reach out to Wade Phillips with defensive coordinator needed
NBC Sports 4:09 AM
Bears add two more assistants
Bleacher Report 6:03 AM
Is Balance of Power Shifting in AFC West?
Bleacher Report 7:42 AM
Kubiak the Right Coach, with or Without Peyton