Ira Bostic, candidate for Stallings Town Council

Full story: Union County Weekly

To the residents of Stallings, N.C., My name is Ira Bostic, and I am a candidate for the Stallings Town Council seat in District 5. Who am I? I grew up in Greenwood, SC, and was educated in Greenwood County schools, graduating from Greenwood High School in 1958.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Nov 3, 2011
Ira Bostic

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2011

Judged:

I am a bit puzzled that my article in a North Carolina newspaper appears in Crime News in my hometown of Greenwood, SC. Is being born in Greenwood a crime now? I consider the source, however. Topix is an irresponsible news collection service who does not check sources and allows any and every comment regardless of whether it is libel, slander, defamation of character, etc. The more comments, the more readers, which allows them to make more ad revenue.
the darb

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

Judged:

not a crime,just unfortunate
Your neighbor

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

Judged:

Perhaps they new something we all did not by placing you in the Crime section. However its is alleged that you will be Lyndas gopher like Paul frost and Wyatt...Is that True Ira we all want to hear from you! And if they are so irresponsible then why are you posting on it. thursday will be fun I have a slew of questions for you, however I am sure I will not get strait answers
Interesting

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2011

Judged:

Ira, I found documents that show you have defaulted on a couple bills. Especially a $13K American Express bill in Sept 2011. How am I to trust that you will handle Stallings budget if you cant handle yours?
Fact

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Judged:

you name shows up in a town where a crime was committed. maybe from the DUI in 84??
Stallings Resident

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Why did Paul Frost, Lynda paxton and Ira bostic asked to have the Stallings Police Seal removed from the Save the Stallings PD facebook page!!!!
Resident too

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Stallings Resident wrote:
Why did Paul Frost, Lynda paxton and Ira bostic asked to have the Stallings Police Seal removed from the Save the Stallings PD facebook page!!!!
It is a trademarked image....
resident

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Judged:

Resident too wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a trademarked image....
Actually its not. Public images such as that are free to be used by the public. Frost and paxton are idiots along with Bostic!
Resident too

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually its not. Public images such as that are free to be used by the public. Frost and paxton are idiots along with Bostic!
Actually it is......"Gateway to Union County" is trademarked and owned by the town of Stallings....

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...
Resident too

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Interesting

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Funny how Ira, who is running for council didnt even catch that he was using the town seal! LOL! as for the sPD fb site, nothing on there is a trademark, not even the chief's picture. nice try though...grasping at straws.
Resident too

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Interesting wrote:
Funny how Ira, who is running for council didnt even catch that he was using the town seal! LOL! as for the sPD fb site, nothing on there is a trademark, not even the chief's picture. nice try though...grasping at straws.
Where is Ira using the town seal?
Interesting

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

he did until just about two weeks ago. he was told to remove it from his FB and his website.
Resident too

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2011

Interesting wrote:
Why on earth would someone's picture be trademarked?
Intersting

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2011

Ask the mayor she thinks the pic is!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Greenwood Discussions

Search the Greenwood Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Jul 22 Lawrence Wolf 1,126
Betty Gauvin - Greenwood Apr '14 Hal Sontag 1
Surveyor carves out his own niche in dying art (Oct '07) Feb '14 McCormick coMcComb family 9
SC SC Hunting and Fishing Amendment, Amendment 1 (Oct '10) Feb '14 JUST 4 YOUR INFO 47
Council approves $3,000 for HSOG program (Jan '14) Jan '14 herelegal 1
SC Who do you support for Governor in South Caroli... (Oct '10) Dec '13 What the 446
Review: PRO Cleaners Of Greenwood (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jim Aleo 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greenwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greenwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE