Greenwood teen charged in friend's shooting death

A 16-year-old boy who told police he was "just playing around" when he pointed a gun at his friend and pulled the trigger has been charged with involuntary manslaughter, authorities said. Full Story
Jane Doe

Abbeville, SC

#1 Aug 6, 2006
Personally I think it was an mistake and he wouldn't have just shot and killed the boy, purposely if they were hanging out together, a little play around went wrong and now it's an regret for the rest of his life. Everybody makes mistakes but you have to be more careful.
amanda

Greenwood, SC

#2 Oct 5, 2008
Why is a sixteen year old playing with a gun and where were his parents at the time of the incident. Once again another child messed up his entire like due to the parents not locking up the gun. Parents need to be more careful with handguns dont allow anyone to touch the firearm when you are not around to supervise.
Simone -derrica

Greenwood, SC

#3 Oct 8, 2008
i personally think that it is all a lie because we both live in promised land SC(greenwood county)

“Happy as a dead pig in the sun”

Since: Oct 08

Pelican Bay

#4 Oct 17, 2008
?
john

Statham, GA

#5 Oct 11, 2009
(/QUOTE)Any parent who owns a gun has the responsibility to teach everymember of the family[ gun saftey.# 1 rule- always treat agun as though it were loaded.. the gun did not need to be locked up, the teen needed to be familiar and responsible to handle the gun at 16 years old. I6 he had benn properly trained I don't think he would have pointed it at the other boy. QUOTE who="amanda"]Why is a sixteen year old playing with a gun and where were his parents at the time of the incident. Once again another child messed up his entire like due to the parents not locking up the gun. Parents need to be more careful with handguns dont allow anyone to touch the firearm when you are not around to supervise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erskine Bible College REVIVAL Tue good Job 1
Erskine Bible College STAND Tue acts 2 38 1
Racially segregated war-memorial plaques divide... Feb 23 MhRdiman1953 1
Homeless Man Feb 22 visitor 2
Whatever happened to the Griffin Pub? Feb 16 TDR 1
Mrs. Morenge (sp?) Teacher- Hodges Elementary Feb 12 Curious 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Greenwood, SC (Jan '12) Feb 11 Joan Joergens 7
Greenwood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web