Minn. gubernatorial candidate Matt En...

Minn. gubernatorial candidate Matt Entenza disses Mississippi

There are 20 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 4, 2010, titled Minn. gubernatorial candidate Matt Entenza disses Mississippi. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Mississippi is one of the poorest, fattest states in the nation. As a punch line, it's the gift that keeps on giving for politicians in other places.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jun 4, 2010
Entenza's campaign office must have been burglarized by a disgruntled Mississippian.
The Hawk

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jun 5, 2010
Apparently Entenza's dream state budget model is California, where high tax rates and even larger spending aprees - particularly to state unions - has resulted in our contry's largest state budget deficit. This is what he'll bring to Minnesota if elected governor? Yipee.
Southern Redneck

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Jun 5, 2010
Whistle past that graveyard! Y'all don't even know what you don't know.

But of course, this is yet one more example of urbanite Blue-state open-mindedness and tolerance for those different from themselves, right?
Rminms

United States

#6 Jun 5, 2010
MIssissippi's biggest problem is the exact opposite of what Mr. Entenza alleges. MS is a welfare State due to the long term control of Democrats. Haley Barbour is moving our welfare State in a direction that actually ends the sharecropper mentality of a large number of Mississippians.

I also am formally calling Mr. Entenza a liar concerning being run out of MS. Provide proof of it Entenza.
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jun 5, 2010
Every thing that comes out of Matt Entenza is manipulative drivel. The ONLY thing I want him to explain is why his wife, Lois Quam, stole 500 MILLION DOLLARS from the Health Partners rate payer's?
DizzyOne

Roswell, GA

#8 Jun 5, 2010
Minnesota would do well to copy Mississippi. I've lived in both states and found that Minnesota's shortcomings are far greater than poor old Mississippi's.
GOP sucks

Green River, WY

#9 Jun 5, 2010
Freedom Lover wrote:
Every thing that comes out of Matt Entenza is manipulative drivel. The ONLY thing I want him to explain is why his wife, Lois Quam, stole 500 MILLION DOLLARS from the Health Partners rate payer's?
Its called capitalism, she must be a republican!!!!
Saint Paul RiverRat

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jun 5, 2010
Quote: Dan Turner, spokesman for Mississippi's Republican governor, Haley Barbour, told the Associated Press on Friday: "Before someone makes a disparaging remark about Mississippi, they probably ought to come spend some time here."

I have been to Mississippi a number of times on business and like when in Louisiana, Tennessee, and New Mexico could not wait to leave and get back to Minnesota. Entenza's comments are right on and it will take years to repair the damage Pawlenty and his pals have done to Minnesota.
Saint Paul RiverRat

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jun 5, 2010
Freedom Lover wrote:
Mr. Entenza's wife was employed by United Health Group, not Health Partners. United Health Groups divisions are United Health Care, AmeriChoice, Ovations, Optum health, Ingenix, and Prescription Solutions. She is currently Managing Director, Alternative Investments, for Piper Jaffrey. Ms. Quam had noting to do with Health Partners.
kleeys

East Hartford, CT

#12 Jun 5, 2010
GOP sucks wrote:
<quoted text> Its called capitalism, she must be a republican!!!!
no, dianne feignstein had to step down from the veterans affairs because her and her husband stole millions from the vets while the walter reids were neglected even though they tried blaming bush , mr and mrs feignstein did pretty good if you check their bank accounts , it wasnt from capitalism though .
BS Detector

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Jun 7, 2010
Rminms wrote:
MIssissippi's biggest problem is the exact opposite of what Mr. Entenza alleges. MS is a welfare State due to the long term control of Democrats. Haley Barbour is moving our welfare State in a direction that actually ends the sharecropper mentality of a large number of Mississippians.
I also am formally calling Mr. Entenza a liar concerning being run out of MS. Provide proof of it Entenza.
Yes, the media certainly should follow up on this claim by Entenza. Was his drunk father to blame?
Alice Wonders

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Jun 7, 2010
Yeah, and another thing we don't want is our governor to be gasbag Entenza.
What a waste of time.
Wasp

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jun 7, 2010
Hopefully, by election time, everyone will be sick of Entenza because he started his TV adds so early. Not to mention the fact that he is a lying, sappy jerk.
BS Detector

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jun 7, 2010
Was Entenza's office burglarized by one of his DFL rivals? Oh, that's right, it's Matt Entenza who is known to investigate his DFL rivals, and then lie about it. Maybe Entenza burglarized his own office.
All In

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jun 7, 2010
Southern Redneck wrote:
Whistle past that graveyard! Y'all don't even know what you don't know.
But of course, this is yet one more example of urbanite Blue-state open-mindedness and tolerance for those different from themselves, right?
My apologies on behalf of the boob democratic party of which Entenza is a prime example. Unfortunately, we have lots of pompous, arrogant liberals up here who are bankrupt of ideas and resort to old stereotypes, which of course they claim is what they are against. We all know that only applies to their views.
just a thought

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Jun 7, 2010
Saint Paul RiverRat wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Entenza's wife was employed by United Health Group, not Health Partners BLAH,BLEH,BLAH,BLEH,BLAH...... ...
Typical liberal hypocrite, they hate people with money UNLESS they support their programs, then they love and defend them. BS
George W Bush

Buffalo, MN

#19 Jun 9, 2010
It was Geroge Bush that did the burglary. It's all George Bush's fault!
Paul Kersey

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Jun 9, 2010
BS Detector wrote:
Was Entenza's office burglarized by one of his DFL rivals? Oh, that's right, it's Matt Entenza who is known to investigate his DFL rivals, and then lie about it. Maybe Entenza burglarized his own office.
That is actually not a bad theroy...it would make for some good publicity for him and seeing how he is trailing badly in the latest polls I wouldn't be at all surprised. I am not that familiar with Entenza but just buy him asking Robyn Robinson to be his running mate ( what kind of new crazy is that?) told me he is desparate, wants the black vote and wants ANY publicity he can get....
Sugar sweet- Honey bitter

Ocean Springs, MS

#22 Jun 10, 2010
What an idiot. He needs to learn to keep his feet flat on the floor and out of his mouth.
Liberal tracker

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Jul 30, 2010
We are tracking liberal yard signs . we have people that report the addresses where the yard signs are located. All information on the owners of these properties is recorded and they are investigated. These liberals cannot stay anonymous anymore. We check their property taxes and dig up any negative information. All information will be posted on the Internet. These people will be exposed for what they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blacks Fear Man Found Hung In Mississippi Wasn'... (Jan '11) Jul 14 Topeka Boycott 126
News Our Opinion: Maintenance, bridges call for addi... May '16 Anonymous 3
News New phone scam in region claims utility merger May '16 People 1
News LGBT supporters regroup with Fairpark rally Apr '16 Goober 119
News Two solar power sites up in MS Delta Apr '16 Solarman 1
Bethany?ties with Ripley Mississippi 3 and half... Mar '16 know body knows 1
News Leflore County dropping Confederate Memorial Day (Jul '15) Dec '15 Samson of Southie 2

Greenwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwood Mortgages