In Mississippi, race plays out in may...

In Mississippi, race plays out in mayoral election

There are 1 comment on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 6, 2009, titled In Mississippi, race plays out in mayoral election. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Reporting from Greenwood, Miss. - The year America inaugurated its first black president will also be known as the year this small Delta cotton hub voted its first black mayor out of office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Robert Tussey

Brentwood, CA

#1 Jun 6, 2009
Oh so sad. Maybe I am just a foollish old white guy but in my life I have seen so much acceptance in the white community for blacks that I felt some sort of pride in what has been accomplished. Funny the people I work with and associate with don't see color, they see individuals who want to blame their ill on others, defend gang activity, indoctronate their kids into it.

The don't snitch attitude, instead of rat these criminal out make our home and kids safe. Sad to see this, sad to see most racism today comes from the black community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blacks Fear Man Found Hung In Mississippi Wasn'... (Jan '11) Jul 14 Topeka Boycott 126
News Our Opinion: Maintenance, bridges call for addi... May '16 Anonymous 3
News New phone scam in region claims utility merger May '16 People 1
News LGBT supporters regroup with Fairpark rally Apr '16 Goober 119
News Two solar power sites up in MS Delta Apr '16 Solarman 1
Bethany?ties with Ripley Mississippi 3 and half... Mar '16 know body knows 1
News Leflore County dropping Confederate Memorial Day (Jul '15) Dec '15 Samson of Southie 2

Greenwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwood Mortgages