Marker Commemorating Till's Death Dis...

Marker Commemorating Till's Death Disappears

There are 5 comments on the WAPT-TV Jackson story from Aug 21, 2007, titled Marker Commemorating Till's Death Disappears. In it, WAPT-TV Jackson reports that:

Mississippi officials said the historical roadside marker commemorating the Civil Rights-era death of Emmett Till has disappeared from U.S. 49 near Greenwood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAPT-TV Jackson.

“OPEN-MINDED NEWSHOUND- DERRICK”

Since: Jul 07

GREENWOOD

#1 Aug 21, 2007
I'm not surprised that this happened. You know, it's really funny how people who hate show their hatred in 2007. I guess they feel as though stealing that road sign will somehow emotionally cripple African-Americans who live here. I wouldn't be surprised if it was some white kids out drinking one weekend and someone dared one of them to steal the sign. I say that because i really don't want to think that this is the actions of some adult. If it is, they really need to snap into reality and realize that what they're doing only hurts them and it only adds fuel to the "Racist Mississippi" image that the rest of the nation has "permanently" placed on us. They talk of replacing the sign. I have an idea, put it in the black community. There's no amount of drinking in the world that will get them to come over here and steal it.
former greenwoodian

United States

#2 Aug 26, 2007
Kids steal signs in Greenwood every weekend in both black & white neighborhoods. The only reason anyone thinks it's a racial thing is because David Jordan says it's racially motivated. He is the source of all racism charges. Maybe it was a memorabilia collector that thought it would be cool for his collection. Most elected officials in the city are black. When blacks are the majority you can't throw the race card on the table.

Oh yeah - dlomane there are plenty of white kids that go to the black community...they go there to get drugs. THAT IS A FACT!
Bruce

Tyler, TX

#3 Dec 6, 2012
I am a white man who used to live in Greenwood. The town is now disgusting. All the coons there have really done a fine job making it look as ghetto as can be. Congrats and keep up the good work!
Liuufdxs

Sioux City, IA

#5 Dec 13, 2012
Bruce wrote:
I am a white man who used to live in Greenwood. The town is now disgusting. All the coons there have really done a fine job making it look as ghetto as can be. Congrats and keep up the good work!
... Substitute your racial slur for recession and economic depression and you might have something. Poverty and lack of education has no skin color.
What's your deal with being judgmental? Why so bitter?
Bruce

Tyler, TX

#6 Dec 13, 2012
There are some great folks in GW. But its not too hard to see why it has become so nasty. Those people have no sense of pride in their community and do not care. Its really a shame. Miss GW at times but couldnt come back to the filth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Earn Money Online. (May '14) Apr '17 Girl 9
Make quick money Apr '17 Misscrys87 1
News Blacks Fear Man Found Hung In Mississippi Wasn'... (Jan '11) Dec '16 JimboSlim 141
News Two solar power sites up in MS Delta (Apr '16) Apr '16 Solarman 1
Bethany?ties with Ripley Mississippi 3 and half... (Mar '16) Mar '16 know body knows 1
News Leflore County dropping Confederate Memorial Day (Jul '15) Dec '15 Samson of Southie 2
Pillow academy reunion (Sep '15) Sep '15 Ricky 1

Greenwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwood Mortgages