Mississippi 2010: Lynchings and Doubl...

Mississippi 2010: Lynchings and Double Life Sentences

There are 33 comments on the OP Ed News story from Dec 18, 2010, titled Mississippi 2010: Lynchings and Double Life Sentences. In it, OP Ed News reports that:

Become a Fan On December 3, 2010, Frederick Jermaine Carter , a 26 year old African American, was found hanging from an oak tree in an open field near Greenwood, Mississippi.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at OP Ed News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#24 Jan 27, 2011
brwnteddybear wrote:
why is their a white sheriff running a county of 71% black pple anyway.im in va and that would never happen here,blacks better start to wake up soon b4 this happens again.
I think you are looking up the wrong county. Carroll County is 63% white. You must have looked up Leflore County, which is majority black.

Location hidden

#25 Jan 27, 2011
The Rogue wrote:
<quoted text>
Nawwwh, no problem. Negroes may wake up every 3 or 4 days and then only to relieve themselves, eat and reproduce, not necessarily in that order. Depends how on long the welfare line is.
I'm not gonna stoop to your level. Just wanted to confirm that it is clear that you are a racist. Trust me, you don't really fully believe what you said. You just want to hear yourself talk.
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#26 Jan 27, 2011
Real Honest Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not gonna stoop to your level. Just wanted to confirm that it is clear that you are a racist. Trust me, you don't really fully believe what you said. You just want to hear yourself talk.
I really don't care where you stoop but you've got another think coming if you think I didn't mean that post. "Trust you" ???....... not likely!!

Location hidden

#27 Jan 28, 2011
The Rogue wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care where you stoop but you've got another think coming if you think I didn't mean that post. "Trust you" ???....... not likely!!
What do I have coming? I bet you are not coming...
I never said you didn't mean it. I just said that you don't fully believe it. Unless you are just another superficial idiot.

Which you may be...and I never asked you to actually trust me stupid idiot. It is called a figure of speech.

If you enjoy being a racist, then go ahead. At least you admit it and not trying to act like you are not a racist. Hope you feel better
Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

#28 Jan 28, 2011
brwnteddybear wrote:
why is their a white sheriff running a county of 71% black pple anyway.im in va and that would never happen here,blacks better start to wake up soon b4 this happens again.
Racist
Carlacarelthetru th

United States

#29 Jan 26, 2012
U n evrybody nose that this racist trash did what they been doin since they brought us over here but the truth is goin2come out: he was murdered n lynched like past patterns.
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#30 Jan 26, 2012
Carlacarelthetruth wrote:
U n evrybody nose that this racist trash did what they been doin since they brought us over here but the truth is goin2come out: he was murdered n lynched like past patterns.
"......what they been doin since they...."??? The great, great, great Granddaddy of "they" may have hauled your ancestors over here after they bought them from their relatives in Africa, but "they" as you see them has done nothing of the sort. Meaning you are entirely too vague and off base.

Location hidden

#31 Jan 27, 2012
The Rogue wrote:
<quoted text>
"......what they been doin since they...."??? The great, great, great Granddaddy of "they" may have hauled your ancestors over here after they bought them from their relatives in Africa, but "they" as you see them has done nothing of the sort. Meaning you are entirely too vague and off base.
"They" = Racist White People
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#32 Jan 29, 2012
Real Honest Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"They" = Racist White People
You sure are good at generalizing but that's all you're good at. Even George Jefferson had some "zebra" friends !

Location hidden

#33 Feb 5, 2012
The Rogue wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are good at generalizing but that's all you're good at. Even George Jefferson had some "zebra" friends !
It's not called generalizing, it is called explaining the true context.

Not sure what George Jefferson has to do with anything, but I'm sure you know that many people claim to be your friend around you. But wouldn't even be bothered with news of you dying. Especially in the context you are talking.
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#34 Feb 5, 2012
Real Honest Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not called generalizing, it is called explaining the true context. Especially in the context you are talking.
When you put all of any group together and call them "racist", that is generalizing to me and could care less what it is to you if you are actually as narrow minded as you appear to be. I don't claim to have hundreds of what I call "friends" but I do have a chosen few and some that are black that I know are close to me. Some work at a restaurant that I frequent and others I play music with. You have no vague idea what you are running your mouth about. Quit torturing yourself and your race. Goodbye!!!

Location hidden

#35 Feb 10, 2012
The Rogue wrote:
<quoted text>
When you put all of any group together and call them "racist", that is generalizing to me and could care less what it is to you if you are actually as narrow minded as you appear to be. I don't claim to have hundreds of what I call "friends" but I do have a chosen few and some that are black that I know are close to me. Some work at a restaurant that I frequent and others I play music with. You have no vague idea what you are running your mouth about. Quit torturing yourself and your race. Goodbye!!!
I can't get a point across when talking to a brick wall. There is a lot that you do not know about me, and I couldn't care less about you. A gay man can say he has a girlfriend, does that change him from being gay?
BombShell

Annapolis, MD

#36 May 27, 2012
To Rogue! I believe there is just as manny white people at the warefare line as black people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our Opinion: Maintenance, bridges call for addi... May '16 Anonymous 3
News New phone scam in region claims utility merger May '16 People 1
News LGBT supporters regroup with Fairpark rally Apr '16 Goober 119
News Two solar power sites up in MS Delta Apr '16 Solarman 1
Bethany?ties with Ripley Mississippi 3 and half... Mar '16 know body knows 1
News Blacks Fear Man Found Hung In Mississippi Wasn'... (Jan '11) Mar '16 Aryan Defender 125
News Leflore County dropping Confederate Memorial Day (Jul '15) Dec '15 Samson of Southie 2

Greenwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwood Mortgages