Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri in 2010?

Posted in the Greenwood Forum

Comments (Page 3,511)

Showing posts 70,201 - 70,220 of94,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Deranged GOP Killers

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about these "studies".
Save it to tell the FBI!
MuslimCommunistD ictator

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

MISSING:$400 PURSE HOLDING $800 CASH, PLUS FOOD STAMP CARDS

A woman said she noticed her purse missing from her car just before 5 P.M. Sunday. The car was parked at her residence on Hornet Drive. The woman said the car had been locked, and the purse was in the back seat.

The purse was valued at $400, her wallet was valued at $200, and she said there was $800 cash in the purse, according to the police report. Also missing were the woman’s food stamp cards.

(Emphasis mine.) The sad part is that the food stamp cards were probably worth more than the purse, wallet, and cash.

It bears repeating, as both a critique and a warning of things to come, that the great project of the American Left involves teaching the middle class to think of itself as “poor.” That way, they’ll vote themselves into servitude. The impoverished mind has no use for talk of economic liberty. It values “hope,” which is passive and servile, over “opportunity.”

It has often been observed that the American definition of poverty is remarkably elastic. The most pervasive threat to the health of our poor is obesity. For many, the dollar value of welfare benefits far exceeds the income from an entry-level job – which has far-reaching harmful effects on the general economy, as it distorts the supply, and therefore value, of labor.

The value of welfare has actually exceeded more than just entry-level paychecks. The Heritage Foundation recently published a report showing “the average individual who relies on Washington could receive benefits valued at $32,748, more than the nation’s average disposable income of $32,446.” According to Heritage’s calculations,“government dependency jumped 8.1 percent in the past year, with the most assistance going toward housing, health and welfare, and retirement.”

The cost of the federal food stamp program more than tripled over the past decade, while the number of people participating in the program jumped from 17.2 million to 44.7 million. Each week brings a new jaw-dropping example of food stamp waste and fraud – from lottery millionaires who still enjoy benefits, to drug dealers using EBT cards to pay bail.

The government claims food stamp fraud is decreasing, even though Fox News kicked off a recent report by reminiscing about “a couple in Washington State living in a $1.2 million home, 30,000 college students on the food stamp rolls in Michigan and Wisconsin beneficiaries selling their cards on Facebook.”

The government bans about 1,000 retailers per year for food stamp fraud, but many of the barred retailers find it easy to re-enter the program and become repeat offenders. The ABC News affiliate in Maryland did a little digging in March, and found “nearly a third of the disbarred sites were approved to trade in food stamps again,” with some vendors “wrongly readmitted to the program as many as four times.” The report concluded that stores “could bring in a whopping $50,000 extra per month” by abusing the food stamp program.

Big Government is corrupt government – from crony capitalist deals at the top, to poverty piracy at the bottom. When everyone becomes “poor,” you find more than a few food stamp cards tucked into designer purses.

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/05/07/missing...
MuslimCommunistD ictator

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

AL SELLS TO AL-JAZEERA. GORE THE CLIMAGETE WHORE!

THE SALE OF CURRENT TV TO THE QATAR-OWNED NEWS ORGANIZATION AL-JAZEERA has been finalized, failed presidential candidate and noted global warming activist Al Gore announced Tuesday.

But perhaps more notable than the fact that the longtime proponent of “environmental causes” has sold his pet project to a company that relies on oil money is the fact that Gore actually turned down a higher offer from Glenn Beck.

TheBlaze was reportedly told by the network that “the legacy of who the network goes to is important to us and we are sensitive to networks not aligned with our point of view,” according to sources familiar with the situation.

Now that Al-Jazeera’s running the show, will Current TV host and former Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm have to wear a burqa?
~ Rush Limbaugh

“REAL PATRIOTS ...”

Since: Sep 09

do not have to advertise!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Poos ur daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution, Bible and Norton all have common ground-none allow for the concept of evolution......
Interesting thought. The Bible stopped evolving around 2000 years ago. The Constitution stopped evolving around 236 years ago, and Norton stopped evolving around 60 years ago.
GOP vs USA

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

MuslimCommunistDictator wrote:
AL SELLS TO AL-JAZEERA. GORE THE CLIMAGETE WHORE!
THE SALE OF CURRENT TV TO THE QATAR-OWNED NEWS ORGANIZATION AL-JAZEERA has been finalized, failed presidential candidate and noted global warming activist Al Gore announced Tuesday.
But perhaps more notable than the fact that the longtime proponent of “environmental causes” has sold his pet project to a company that relies on oil money is the fact that Gore actually turned down a higher offer from Glenn Beck.
TheBlaze was reportedly told by the network that “the legacy of who the network goes to is important to us and we are sensitive to networks not aligned with our point of view,” according to sources familiar with the situation.
Now that Al-Jazeera’s running the show, will Current TV host and former Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm have to wear a burqa?
~ Rush Limbaugh
All this Republican anger and angst...brings a smile to my face...

Damn if you are so upset...well this has to be good for the country

I feel sit'n back and pop'n some popcorn...LOL!!!!
MuslimCommunistD ictator

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

GOP vs USA wrote:
<quoted text>
All this Republican anger and angst...brings a smile to my face...
Damn if you are so upset...well this has to be good for the country
I feel sit'n back and pop'n some popcorn...LOL!!!!
Enjoy your free food stamp popcorn us working folks are paying for. I would not enjoy being a lazy LargeAss, do nothing, know nothing DumbAss liberal who is not able/willing/capable of supporting myself!

Laugh your sorry Ass off! But really, I'm not angry! It's just really funny watching our country go down!
MuslimCommunistD ictator

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

MEET THE MAN BEHIND THE ‘GUNS ARE WELCOME’ SIGN
Guns are Welcome On Premises. Please keep all weapons holstered unless need arises. In such case, judicious marksmanship is appreciated.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/man-behind-gu...

BOSTON MAYOR SAYS VICE PRESIDENT ‘GUARANTEED’ HIM OBAMA WILL PASS MAJOR GUN CONTROL REFORM BY END OF JANUARY
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/boston-mayor-...

VICE PRESIDENT Joe Biden to Newly Sworn in Female Senator:‘Spread Your Legs, You’re Going to Be Frisked’
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/joe-biden-to-...

MYTHS FROM D.C. PART 2:‘THE RICH NEED TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE’
http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/myths-f...
GOP Grumpy Old People

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Enjoy your free food stamp popcorn us working folks are paying for. I would not enjoy being a lazy LargeAss, do nothing, know nothing DumbAss liberal who is not able/willing/capable of supporting myself!
Laugh your sorry Ass off! But really, I'm not angry! It's just really funny watching our country go down!
No it's funny watching you dumbass-conservatrolls go down...on each other

So if you GOP voters can't get your Boehner to work is that called " Electoral Dysfunction"?

I'm sure the Fox crowd won't get that.

hahahaahhahahahaha
GOP Grumpy Old People

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

MEET THE MAN BEHIND THE ‘GUNS ARE WELCOME’ SIGN
Guns are Welcome On Premises. Please keep all weapons holstered unless need arises. In such case, judicious marksmanship is appreciated.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/man-behind-gu...
BOSTON MAYOR SAYS VICE PRESIDENT ‘GUARANTEED’ HIM OBAMA WILL PASS MAJOR GUN CONTROL REFORM BY END OF JANUARY
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/boston-mayor-...
VICE PRESIDENT Joe Biden to Newly Sworn in Female Senator:‘Spread Your Legs, You’re Going to Be Frisked’
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/joe-biden-to-...
MYTHS FROM D.C. PART 2:‘THE RICH NEED TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE’
http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/myths-f...
More SPAM than a Hormel Outlett

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting thought. The Bible stopped evolving around 2000 years ago. The Constitution stopped evolving around 236 years ago, and Norton stopped evolving around 60 years ago.
DAWG--thanks for the best laugh I've had all day!

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

<quoted text>
Well in a sense the Constitution has evolved, amended 27 times.

I know you understand what the Bill of Rights were.

“this is a dark ride”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well in a sense the Constitution has evolved, amended 27 times.
I know you understand what the Bill of Rights were.
Your point is well taken, but amendments have not always kept pace with change. Examples are Emancipation Proclamation and FDR's New Deal.

“this is a dark ride”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Hhmmm. Triplicate!!

“I have upset the hand of god”

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it? Rocks tested by a christian scientist came with results of 7'000 years.
I don't believe it. That just can't be. Those rocks in your head can't be antiques, Dan Mortinsane.

By the way, I think I know the scientist you are talking about. His methodology is crap, his work couldn't make it in a reputable journal and it is meaningless.

You need to stop looking to your daddy, FAKE VET for sources of information.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Poos ur daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
hhmmm.....he voted 'yea' on passage of the "fiscal cliff" bill. I thought you were a diehard NEOCON....so you agree with that?
The deal is what he would have voted for.

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you babbling about Dan?

Doesn't Greater Life cover mental illness in your benefits package. I wonder if they cover your trips down to Jamaica to take care of the weed problem?

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Poos ur daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point is well taken, but amendments have not always kept pace with change. Examples are Emancipation Proclamation and FDR's New Deal.
The conclusion I have come to from my reading of US history is that our founders didn't intend it to be a static document, but rather one that could grow to encompass circumstances that they could not foresee. I don't know how they could have tweeked it for speed. Perhaps that is what we must deal with in order that it not change too much or in the wrong direction.

If I am not mistaken, a strict constructionist views the document as completely static and if the founders had intended for something to be in there, they would have put it in there. Fortunately, our founders appear to have been much more intelligent men than the run of the mill strict constructionist.

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, do you ever bring any of that weed back with you from your trips abroad? You know, keaster-stashed in a ballon tucked up next to your head?

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

<quoted text>
Thats funny Dawg. Was that for the sake of the joke or do you consider the Constitution a static document? This may be a Christmas miracle if I have found something that we don't agree on.

The real miracle may be that two different individual agree so often.

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Dan, do you ever bring any of that weed back with you from your trips abroad? You know, keaster-stashed in a ballon tucked up next to your head?
It appears I made a spelling error in the word "balloon." I left the "o" out. Much like your ex-wife did the last time you mounted her before the divorce.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,201 - 70,220 of94,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Greenwood Discussions

Search the Greenwood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Rockhill Orthopaedics - Scott A Langfor... (Jun '09) Tue Disappointed 7
Two People Charged In Shooting Murder (Nov '09) Tue Kira Lawrence 122
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Mon CLUE 6,893
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 7 dasie 264
COURT UPHOLDS TED WHITE JUDGMENT: Lee's Summit ... (May '10) Jun 23 Aurora Mo Resident 59
Looking for information on MIKEL DAVIS!!! Jun '14 mikel davis 4
Was Lee's Summit named after General Lee? May '14 scooter j 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greenwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greenwood People Search