Truth Hurts

United States

#72590 Dec 10, 2012
I grew up in a cult, so my perspective is kind of unique. Quite the story, won't get into it here.

Religion is a lot like politics, or global warming for that matter. People want to believe it, and they search for specific pieces of information to back up a pre-concieved ideology. The same thing happens with both liberal and conservative thinking people with the internet. They search out some "truth" they already believe, trying to piece together something that backs up what they already "know" to be true. Pretty interesting to watch. I see it here big time.

Look inside yourself, are you looking for the truth or what you already believe?

Argue with that.
Truth Hurts

United States

#72591 Dec 10, 2012
Here's an example LOL!! I don't like obama BTW, but this kind of crap is silly.

http://beforeitsnews.com/obama/2012/12/obama-...
IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#72592 Dec 10, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
I grew up in a cult, so my perspective is kind of unique. Quite the story, won't get into it here.
Religion is a lot like politics, or global warming for that matter. People want to believe it, and they search for specific pieces of information to back up a pre-concieved ideology. The same thing happens with both liberal and conservative thinking people with the internet. They search out some "truth" they already believe, trying to piece together something that backs up what they already "know" to be true. Pretty interesting to watch. I see it here big time.
Look inside yourself, are you looking for the truth or what you already believe?
Argue with that.
Well said my friend. This calls for some Deep Purple!
Truth Hurts

Richland Center, WI

#72593 Dec 10, 2012

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#72594 Dec 10, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
Argue with that.
Global warming is a scientific fact. It isn't a question of opinion. The information came along before the conclusion, but I don't expect you to understand that. Sure more information has been gathered subsequently, but it has become so politicized that persons such as yourself aren't interested in the facts outside your own beliefs.

I am seeing it in you, now. Excellent example.
IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#72595 Dec 10, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
Here's an example LOL!! I don't like obama BTW, but this kind of crap is silly.
http://beforeitsnews.com/obama/2012/12/obama-...
You are on a roll here. It is silly but people are falling for it like snowflakes.
IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#72596 Dec 10, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
This is better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JrOUwbsy12EXX
I've seen them! Good band, totally applicable.

I'm a dead man walking here
But that's the least of all my fears
Ooh, underneath the water

It's not Alabama clay
That gives my trembling hands away
Please forgive me father

Ain't going back to Barton Hollow
Devil gonna follow me e'er I go
Won't do me no good washing in the river
Can't no preacher man save my soul

Did that full moon force my hand?
Or that unmarked hundred grand?
Ooh, underneath the water
Please forgive me father

Miles and miles in my bare feet
Still can't lay me down to sleep
If I die before I wake
I know the Lord my soul won't take

I'm a dead man walking
I'm a dead man walking

Keep walking and running and running for miles

Ain't going back to Barton Hollow
Devil gonna follow me e'er I go
Won't do me no good washing in the river
Can't no preacher man save my soul

West Plains

#72597 Dec 10, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said my friend. This calls for some Deep Purple!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =P5WVqZqw1EsXX
Can't argue with your taste in music. Jon Lord R.I.P.

West Plains

#72598 Dec 10, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on a roll here. It is silly but people are falling for it like snowflakes.
Do you really believe that Obama wants to become our dictator? Do you think the American people would let anyone do that?

Sounds like the same nonsense, I have been hearing for five years.
IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#72599 Dec 10, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Global warming is a scientific fact. It isn't a question of opinion. The information came along before the conclusion, but I don't expect you to understand that. Sure more information has been gathered subsequently, but it has become so politicized that persons such as yourself aren't interested in the facts outside your own beliefs.
I agree with you on the Global Warming bit however, Truth Hurts makes some valid points in that post. All formal religions are nothing more than cults manipulating and brainwashing their followers. Politics are the same way when you really think about it.

Going back to the Global Warming issue, the scientists even if they are wrong what real difference does it make. The planet is going to be at a point where WE and most of the living creatures will not longer be able to survive if nothing is done.

God fearing humans have figured out ways to kill us all quite effectively. Now that our children will be facing hardship, we as humans are doing what we do best, letting let greed and vice send us down a path to destruction.

We have sent people into space, have seen them walk on the moon all in the name of prestige yet can't seem to muster the good sense to try and stop the cataclysm upon us. These days MONEY IS GOD regardless what people believe in.
IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#72600 Dec 10, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really believe that Obama wants to become our dictator? Do you think the American people would let anyone do that?
Sounds like the same nonsense, I have been hearing for five years.
Of course not! My comments were directed at the utter nonsense of the the website not that I gave ANY credence to it's content.
Truth Hurts

Kingston, WI

#72601 Dec 10, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Global warming is a scientific fact. It isn't a question of opinion. The information came along before the conclusion, but I don't expect you to understand that. Sure more information has been gathered subsequently, but it has become so politicized that persons such as yourself aren't interested in the facts outside your own beliefs.
Here ya go Danno,

I hope you understand statistics, no sarcasm involved.
Burt Rutan won the x-prize, first civilian launch into space.
Brilliant aeronautical engineer, his take on global warming.
I'll take this over this over the un any day.

http://burtrutan.com/burtrutan/downloads/Engr...
Truth Hurts

Richland Center, WI

#72602 Dec 10, 2012
Hey, ItoldYouSo.

Everything going on around you is about two things.
Money and power, nothing more nothing less.
IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#72603 Dec 10, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go Danno,
I hope you understand statistics, no sarcasm involved.
Burt Rutan won the x-prize, first civilian launch into space.
Brilliant aeronautical engineer, his take on global warming.
I'll take this over this over the un any day.
http://burtrutan.com/burtrutan/downloads/Engr...
Either you are hopping Proxy Servers, changing your location manually or flying in some type of aircraft with a Scram Jet for propulsion to go from Colorado to Illinois in 43 minutes.

Rutan makes some valid points however, I'll stand by my statement. Humans have done an excellent job polluting the planet but seem to be foot dragging in order to save it. There's always the ROI some bean counter saying it will cost too much. My question is what's the value of anything if one's not there to enjoy it?
IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#72604 Dec 10, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
Hey, ItoldYouSo.
Everything going on around you is about two things.
Money and power, nothing more nothing less.
And Religion is seated in those two vices as well. They have started more wars and killed more people than anything else.
Truth hurts

Richland Center, WI

#72605 Dec 10, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you are hopping Proxy Servers, changing your location manually or flying in some type of aircraft with a Scram Jet for propulsion to go from Colorado to Illinois in 43 minutes.
Rutan makes some valid points however, I'll stand by my statement. Humans have done an excellent job polluting the planet but seem to be foot dragging in order to save it. There's always the ROI some bean counter saying it will cost too much. My question is what's the value of anything if one's not there to enjoy it?
I'll start with thr location dealio,
Satellite internet, not sure why it bounces my location around but it doesn't bother me a bit. You have no idea where I am LOL!

On the Rutan link, there is no way you absorbed that entire presentation in that length of time.

I will agree with the pollution aspect, the EPA "which is now over reaching" did a darn good job cleaning up water ways and with air pollution. That being said c02 is not pollution, it's essential to life on this rock. I'm with Burt on this one, pump some more. Mabey we can grow food in alaska.
Truth hurts

United States

#72606 Dec 10, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
And Religion is seated in those two vices as well. They have started more wars and killed more people than anything else.
Religion is power over people, thats why it exists.
IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#72607 Dec 10, 2012
Truth hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll start with thr location dealio,
Satellite internet, not sure why it bounces my location around but it doesn't bother me a bit. You have no idea where I am LOL!
On the Rutan link, there is no way you absorbed that entire presentation in that length of time.
I will agree with the pollution aspect, the EPA "which is now over reaching" did a darn good job cleaning up water ways and with air pollution. That being said c02 is not pollution, it's essential to life on this rock. I'm with Burt on this one, pump some more. Mabey we can grow food in alaska.
Not difficult to absorb since I read his report roughly a year ago. He's one of my aerospace hero's just like John Glen, Neal Armstrong and Elan Musk.

Can't agree with Burt on this one though, it's great for the Tree's and plant's no question. The shorter winters are also great for insects like Mosquito's which can carry deadly viruses.

The warmer temps also melt ice in places I'd rather see remain the same. I'm no fan of Los Angeles or Miami, but the 10 - 15 million people that live there will have to start migrating at some point to higher ground. I like the semi sparseness Missouri offers personally.

Not that concerned about your location just made an observation.
IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#72608 Dec 10, 2012
Truth hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is power over people, thats why it exists.
Exactly, there's plenty of money and power to be made in religion. Enchant a people and you can control them for as long as you want.

West Plains

#72609 Dec 10, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on the Global Warming bit however, Truth Hurts makes some valid points in that post. All formal religions are nothing more than cults manipulating and brainwashing their followers. Politics are the same way when you really think about it.
Going back to the Global Warming issue, the scientists even if they are wrong what real difference does it make. The planet is going to be at a point where WE and most of the living creatures will not longer be able to survive if nothing is done.
God fearing humans have figured out ways to kill us all quite effectively. Now that our children will be facing hardship, we as humans are doing what we do best, letting let greed and vice send us down a path to destruction.
We have sent people into space, have seen them walk on the moon all in the name of prestige yet can't seem to muster the good sense to try and stop the cataclysm upon us. These days MONEY IS GOD regardless what people believe in.
Noted. I agree to the similarities between religion and politics.

There may be technical fixes that could help. We haven't gone over the edge yet. Energy independence and alternative energy sources would help, especially those with low/no footprint. We could even infiltrate the upper atmosphere with sulfur dioxide to cause cooling. I don't know if it would work or if it is even feasible, but that is one of the vulcanic gases released in the upper atmosphere that have been known to cause global temperature reductions.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on the point about money. The worst man on earth is a great guy if he has a lot of money.

It sounds like I should reread the posts in question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) 14 hr paybacks 11
looking for Janette Kruse Oct 9 Auby Leggett 1
Review: Raintree Community Church (Oct '13) Oct 5 Bulldog Bob Brown 12
one hour heat and air Oct 2 why 2
Xtreme Fitness Memberships not honored by new o... (May '08) Sep '14 Gym Member 143
acoustic ceilings Aug '14 hillbilly 1
The Meth Dealer in Pleasant Hill Jul '14 Damn 2
Greenwood Dating
Find my Match

Greenwood Jobs

Greenwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greenwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greenwood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]