Waitress fired for posting objection by "pastor' over automatic gratutity

Posted in the Greenwood Forum

Country Gent

Clarksville, AR

#1 Feb 1, 2013
Should an automatic tip be added to one's dinner bill?? No. I pay for the service as I evaluate it. Automatic gratuity is ridiculous. However, the so called "pastor's" comment that he "gives 10percent to God so why should he give 18 percent to waitress" is equally as
ridiculous. No pastor gives anything, he takes from the labor of the congregation for his compensation for his "work", if one considers it that.
Get Real

Clarksville, AR

#2 Feb 1, 2013
Here in Greenwood they tell you you are not honest if you dont give at least 10%, you are not obedient if you do not give at least 10% and you cannot receive blessings if not giving. All that is not in the Bible, just a seminary interpretation and the students following that to insure their income and building efforts are realized.
this IS good

Rogers, AR

#3 Feb 1, 2013
Country Gent wrote:
Should an automatic tip be added to one's dinner bill?? No. I pay for the service as I evaluate it. Automatic gratuity is ridiculous. However, the so called "pastor's" comment that he "gives 10percent to God so why should he give 18 percent to waitress" is equally as
ridiculous. No pastor gives anything, he takes from the labor of the congregation for his compensation for his "work", if one considers it that.
I like how you think. are you married?
this IS good

Rogers, AR

#4 Feb 1, 2013
Get Real wrote:
Here in Greenwood they tell you you are not honest if you dont give at least 10%, you are not obedient if you do not give at least 10% and you cannot receive blessings if not giving. All that is not in the Bible, just a seminary interpretation and the students following that to insure their income and building efforts are realized.
Annnnnd they think that they are guarenteed a spot in heaven for all their good deeds?
Brandon

Grand Ledge, MI

#5 Feb 2, 2013
This is kinda wrong on applebees. They should be considerate of all guest/customers with reliogion and should now that 10% should always go to God if that your religion. I am for the women who got fired because it was not her fault about automated response generated on the recipe. But for other religions to attack other reiligions need to come together.
Free Thinker

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Feb 2, 2013
Brandon wrote:
This is kinda wrong on applebees. They should be considerate of all guest/customers with reliogion and should now that 10% should always go to God if that your religion. I am for the women who got fired because it was not her fault about automated response generated on the recipe. But for other religions to attack other reiligions need to come together.
It wasn't her fault...she was fired for trying to publicly embarrass a customer...she should be fired for what she did after the note was left. Complaining to friends and coworkers no issue, but face booking or tweeting it is just plain dumb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) May 19 Willard 30,891
Poll Should Martin Young be removed from Fire Dept a... (Oct '10) May 18 concerned tax payer 33
GWPD officer appeals trial May 7 GreenzoneCAS 1
thinking of moving to greenwood Ar from out of ... May 6 from ok 3
News Arkansas Board of Education approves Hartford s... May 4 God 1
William Ridener (Apr '12) Apr 28 boo 2
Jenny Lind Asst. Chief arrested for impersonati... (Oct '11) Apr '15 emt 387
More from around the web

Greenwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]