In the matter of the Greenwood city c...

In the matter of the Greenwood city council.....

Posted in the Greenwood Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Whistleblower

Fort Smith, AR

#1 Nov 7, 2012
One gerrymandering piece of shit down, three more to go.....
Curious

Fort Smith, AR

#2 Nov 7, 2012
You mean the totally illegal election that would be thrown out by the state and the election commission should someone challenge it on a legal basis? The one where the ward lines were hand drawn and not legally surveyed as state law calls for?

Where I Mr. Hicks, I would be contacting an attorney.
Tate

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Nov 7, 2012
Whistleblower wrote:
One gerrymandering piece of shit down, three more to go.....
Damn, there you are, I sure missed your grown up comments. By the way I am still wait for the FBI.
Bill Montgomery

Booneville, AR

#4 Nov 7, 2012
Well the election is over and regardless of the vote count GREENWOOD LOST because of ignorant hatred like what is constantly posted here. No doubt Powell needed to go but it wont be any better with Hamilton holding hands and singing cumbaya. In the end no matter how the election wound up Greenwood is f**ked. The only high point of it all was that Breedlove was humiliated at the polls.
Whitleblower

Fort Smith, AR

#5 Nov 7, 2012
Tate wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, there you are, I sure missed your grown up comments. By the way I am still wait for the FBI.
Great...then you can relax. You're in the clear! I wouldn't worry your gay little mind over it another second.
Tate

Fort Smith, AR

#6 Nov 7, 2012
Whitleblower wrote:
<quoted text>
Great...then you can relax. You're in the clear! I wouldn't worry your gay little mind over it another second.
But I thought you were whistleblowers evil gay twin.
Todd

Russellville, AR

#7 Nov 8, 2012
Lawsuit over re-districting filed. Election to be held again. Folks will campaign against Johnson this time - he is vulnerable.

Listen to the dominos fall.
Bill Montgomery

Fort Smith, AR

#8 Nov 8, 2012
Todd wrote:
Lawsuit over re-districting filed. Election to be held again. Folks will campaign against Johnson this time - he is vulnerable.

Listen to the dominos fall.
too little too late. they will not have another election. Just more troublemaking rumors.
Whistleblower

Fort Smith, AR

#9 Nov 8, 2012
Bill Montgomery wrote:
<quoted text>
too little too late. they will not have another election. Just more troublemaking rumors.
You're sure about that, are you?

Election was illegal. Period. State law says ward lines have to be certified by a surveyor, not drawn out on a napkin by a disbarred former mayor and his butthole minions.

Election invalidated. A pro-Greenwood candidate wins the next time around. All votes go 3-3 and the mayor breaks the deadlock.

Sorry...about your damn luck. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Bill Montgomery

Fort Smith, AR

#10 Nov 9, 2012
Its not my damn luck I voted for and openly supported Hicks both publicly and financially. But if you will remember when Garry Cambell filed a lawsuit to have Edwards' election to Mayor invalidated he was told it may have been an issue and he could have done something before the election but the judge was unwilling to rule after the election against what he called "the clear will of the people" So while the election may indeed have been "illegal" based on the redistricting I would bet a years salary it will not be invalidated by the court. I genuinely wish it would. My only bitch is that you are spreading a false hope where there is none.
Whistleblower

Fort Smith, AR

#11 Nov 9, 2012
Whistleblower wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sure about that, are you?
Election was illegal. Period. State law says ward lines have to be certified by a surveyor, not drawn out on a napkin by a disbarred former mayor and his butthole minions.
Election invalidated. A pro-Greenwood candidate wins the next time around. All votes go 3-3 and the mayor breaks the deadlock.
Sorry...about your damn luck. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
They followed the election commission guideline just like Fort Smith did so I guess their election is illegal too.
Oh I forgot you don't go to any of the meetings, you just talk through your butt.
Jim

Russellville, AR

#12 Nov 9, 2012
Bill Montgomery wrote:
Its not my damn luck I voted for and openly supported Hicks both publicly and financially. But if you will remember when Garry Cambell filed a lawsuit to have Edwards' election to Mayor invalidated he was told it may have been an issue and he could have done something before the election but the judge was unwilling to rule after the election against what he called "the clear will of the people" So while the election may indeed have been "illegal" based on the redistricting I would bet a years salary it will not be invalidated by the court. I genuinely wish it would. My only bitch is that you are spreading a false hope where there is none.
I agree Bill, while questions linger about the election, the "People of Greenwood" had their say. Remember the State Motto, "The People Rule", that's the bottm line. The election is over, there is no need to stir the pot further. I don't think the election would be thrown out either. Redistricting issues are for future Councils to address.

Besides, everybody I voted for in the State and local Elections won. I'm Happy, Happy, Happy!
Voter

Fort Smith, AR

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Bill, while questions linger about the election, the "People of Greenwood" had their say. Remember the State Motto, "The People Rule", that's the bottm line. The election is over, there is no need to stir the pot further. I don't think the election would be thrown out either. Redistricting issues are for future Councils to address.
Besides, everybody I voted for in the State and local Elections won. I'm Happy, Happy, Happy!
And besides that, you endorsed the ward lines, said you were happy with them! Remember that!
Whistleblower

Fort Smith, AR

#15 Nov 10, 2012
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of those voters did you personally transport to the polls?
NotAFan

Fort Smith, AR

#17 Nov 11, 2012
I noticed thy postd the job the mayor as holding for his girlfriend in the paper. Ireally wnder if it needs to be filld anymore or at least until after the next election. You never know who the mayor might be getting special favors from that will need a job.
Whistleblower

Fort Smith, AR

#18 Nov 11, 2012
NotAFan wrote:
I noticed thy postd the job the mayor as holding for his girlfriend in the paper. Ireally wnder if it needs to be filld anymore or at least until after the next election. You never know who the mayor might be getting special favors from that will need a job.
The hiring and firing of city employees is up to the mayor. The department head can appeal a firing to the council but not the others. It is common for a department head to leave apposition open for various reasons. It could be seasonal, budget reasons or just looking for the most qualified person. The police department probably has several openings along with the street,sewer, and water, so having an assistant to the financial director is a decision between the mayor and the financial director.
So get over it this is just someone trying to make something out of nothing.
The Whistleblower

Fort Smith, AR

#19 Nov 11, 2012
Whistleblower wrote:
<quoted text>
The hiring and firing of city employees is up to the mayor. The department head can appeal a firing to the council but not the others. It is common for a department head to leave apposition open for various reasons. It could be seasonal, budget reasons or just looking for the most qualified person. The police department probably has several openings along with the street,sewer, and water, so having an assistant to the financial director is a decision between the mayor and the financial director.
So get over it this is just someone trying to make something out of nothing.
But you can rest assured that city council has all them fire dog jobs covered.....Oh wait, if you lose your election, do you still get to go and watch shit burn down?
Whistleblower

Fort Smith, AR

#20 Nov 12, 2012
The Whistleblower wrote:
<quoted text>
But you can rest assured that city council has all them fire dog jobs covered.....Oh wait, if you lose your election, do you still get to go and watch shit burn down?
One, I thought you were not going to respond to me again, ever! That shows you are a man of his word.

Second, name one city employee that is a fire fighter.

Third, once again you don't know what you are talking about.

Fourth, I'll bet Powell will take loosing like a man and still work at trying to do good things for the city, unlike you.
Jim

Clarksville, AR

#21 Nov 12, 2012
Voter wrote:
<quoted text> And besides that, you endorsed the ward lines, said you were happy with them! Remember that!
The wards were made equal, I said they did a good job on getting them equal. I said that is all the lawsuit asked for, after 30 years of no action by the council.

I did not nor will not endorse the way they,(Tim & A,C.), jerrymandered around their own property so as not to have to run for re-election in a new ward in this last election. It is up to future councils to correct this selfish error on the part of the 2012 Council.
Concerned

Booneville, AR

#22 Nov 12, 2012
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
The wards were made equal, I said they did a good job on getting them equal. I said that is all the lawsuit asked for, after 30 years of no action by the council.
I did not nor will not endorse the way they,(Tim & A,C.), jerrymandered around their own property so as not to have to run for re-election in a new ward in this last election. It is up to future councils to correct this selfish error on the part of the 2012 Council.
Tim did run, unopposed!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nick smith Jun 9 Hey 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) Jun 3 bombastic 31,036
thinking of moving to greenwood Ar from out of ... (May '15) May '16 FIREFIGHTER 7
Sebastian County EMS Fee Increasing May '16 Not Political 2
Irish Setter puppies for sale. (Dec '15) May '16 Megalomaniac 11
Police can request IP addresses from TOPIX (Jan '11) May '16 Frogman6983 46
Help a graduate student out! (But really, though) Apr '16 They Do 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwood Mortgages