Jaliek Rainwalker book put on hold

Jaliek Rainwalker book put on hold

There are 4 comments on the Times Union story from Feb 18, 2008, titled Jaliek Rainwalker book put on hold. In it, Times Union reports that:

“We don't want any other child to have to live the way he did.”

A book being written about a missing Greenwich boy has been halted -- at least for now -- by an attorney representing his adoptive parents. via Times Union

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Union.

Since: Feb 08

Cambridge, NY

#1 Mar 3, 2008
It really shocks me that these people think this is the right thing to do "RIGHT NOW". Unreal!!!!
scottnjoe

Saratoga Springs, NY

#2 Oct 13, 2008
its even more frightening that someone is going to write a book about this.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 17, 2008
I don't think it's frieghtening they write about this at all. I think people understanding the life of a child coming through the foster system only to be adopted & then subjected to sub standard living conditions & abuse is something everyone should hear. The only way we can as a society protect our children who have no voice speaking for them is to be aware of what is/has happened & we learn from hisory.

If you were to go to any animal shelter and fill out a questionair & state that the adopted animal (short of one who is designed for the cold like an Alaskan Malimute) would be living in an unheated shed in upstate NY you'd be denied adopting said animal...

And further an animal shelter has contracts & do checks on what is happening to adopted animals & if they're being mistreated or aren't being kept to standard *THEY* are the ones who'll come in and "undo the adoption" & take said animal away.....

I think for check up to be made on human children to make sure they're being cared for is the least we can do & the story of this book is *eactly the reasons why*! Jaliek would not ever have been living in an unheated shed with no electric & no running water in Upstate NY if they had said that's what they had intended. They were not living there when they adopted the 2 kids they adopted and they'd misrepresented themselves.....
Hal Ketchum

United States

#4 Oct 18, 2008
Mom2Cool wrote:
I don't think it's frieghtening they write about this at all. I think people understanding the life of a child coming through the foster system only to be adopted & then subjected to sub standard living conditions & abuse is something everyone should hear. The only way we can as a society protect our children who have no voice speaking for them is to be aware of what is/has happened & we learn from hisory.
If you were to go to any animal shelter and fill out a questionair & state that the adopted animal (short of one who is designed for the cold like an Alaskan Malimute) would be living in an unheated shed in upstate NY you'd be denied adopting said animal...
And further an animal shelter has contracts & do checks on what is happening to adopted animals & if they're being mistreated or aren't being kept to standard *THEY* are the ones who'll come in and "undo the adoption" & take said animal away.....
I think for check up to be made on human children to make sure they're being cared for is the least we can do & the story of this book is *eactly the reasons why*! Jaliek would not ever have been living in an unheated shed with no electric & no running water in Upstate NY if they had said that's what they had intended. They were not living there when they adopted the 2 kids they adopted and they'd misrepresented themselves.....
I think I saw your myspace...

are you a swinger?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) Fri Crell 1,723
Who is this Arthur Swenson Guy that smells of u... (May '10) Aug 16 arnold macree 28
Men's masturbation party Jul '17 Justin 4
Jenna Woginrich at Cold Antler Farm Mar '17 Bodacious Broad 2
Obama, Leno Letterman Micro Torture Data Sell S... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Truth 1
News 'Destructive Decisions' Program Exposes Fort An... (Feb '17) Feb '17 rich 1
News Vigil marks Rainwalker anniversary (Nov '08) Nov '16 Kim8871 7

Greenwich Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwich Mortgages