Threats at CCS concern police

A third written threat was found Tuesday in a bathroom at the Cambridge Central School District. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Make your word impeccable.”

Since: Jul 09

East Bumble

#1 Dec 10, 2009
Sounds like a kid that needs help. Not some gung-ho-joe cop hunting him down for terrorism. Once they find this kid, they should charge those that pushed him/her to this point with terrorism.

“Make your word impeccable.”

Since: Jul 09

East Bumble

#2 Dec 10, 2009
That word describes a garden tool, not one of Tigger's girlfriends.
wahhhhhh

Bennington, VT

#3 Dec 10, 2009
If someone were really going to do this, they wouldn't advertise it or warn anyone, they would just start blasting...

It's just a pathetic cry for attention, 10 to 1 odds whoever is writing these notes doesn't even own a gun.

“279ing my way around Benmont”

Since: Nov 08

not here

#4 Dec 10, 2009
This is a student? One who has at least 60 or 70 tests, homework or essays on file with their teachers? Should take a handwriting expert about 30 minutes to figure out who is doing it. Or is penmanship in today's schools as bad as their reading comprehension, math acuity and spelling?
Pegpat

Catskill, NY

#5 Dec 10, 2009
wankee wrote:
This is a student? One who has at least 60 or 70 tests, homework or essays on file with their teachers? Should take a handwriting expert about 30 minutes to figure out who is doing it. Or is penmanship in today's schools as bad as their reading comprehension, math acuity and spelling?
Why the comments about student's reading comprehension, math acuity and spelling ? The issue is about safety, not about academics.
wahhhhhh

Bennington, VT

#6 Dec 10, 2009
wankee wrote:
It's a small school, probably no more than 400 kids between 9th and 12th grade... of course the teachers probably aren't too bright either.

Wonder if the note was done in block letters or cut out of magazines and newspapers like on those ransom notes in the movies? LOL

“I like pickles too”

Since: Mar 09

Bennington :(

#7 Dec 10, 2009
I agree that a handwriting analysis may be useful. Whatever the case may be they need to do something and prompt. The sad thing is, it probably is some dink trying to scare everyone and get attention, however you can't just assume that it is. They need to take aggressive action ASAP to find whoever wrote these notes before they carry out their threat. They should have cameras installed and an armed officer on duty in each corner of that school (ideally, not realistically i know) until they find the one(s) making the threats. I hope the situations is taken care of before something terrible happens :(
Casual Observer

Brookline, MA

#8 Dec 10, 2009
wahhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a small school, probably no more than 400 kids between 9th and 12th grade... of course the teachers probably aren't too bright either.
Wonder if the note was done in block letters or cut out of magazines and newspapers like on those ransom notes in the movies? LOL
In order to be a teacher in New York state you have to have a Master Degree. What level of education do you have?...
parent of children

Barnesville, OH

#9 Dec 10, 2009
They need to find out who is doing this my children attend this school and whether its someone trying to get attention or not it needs to be taken seriously. Maybe there should be people investigating that actually know how to solve these issues not police officers whos main duties are doing radar on 22 or responding to domestic disputes. We need professionals on this. Anyone doing this for attention is obviously not well and needs to be found and dealt with. This is been going on almost 3 weeks. So what we have is a teenager outsmarting our police officers and Teachers.

“I like pickles too”

#10 Dec 10, 2009
parent of children wrote:
They need to find out who is doing this my children attend this school and whether its someone trying to get attention or not it needs to be taken seriously. Maybe there should be people investigating that actually know how to solve these issues not police officers whos main duties are doing radar on 22 or responding to domestic disputes. We need professionals on this. Anyone doing this for attention is obviously not well and needs to be found and dealt with. This is been going on almost 3 weeks. So what we have is a teenager outsmarting our police officers and Teachers.
I think the best thing for you and other parents to do is spark an outcry against the school and law enforcement until they do something better. If they don't and it were me i'd consider yanking them out of the school until they did better. You're right that stronger law enforcement needs to be investigating, and full time too!
ru4real

Plainville, CT

#11 Dec 10, 2009
What does LMZ even mean wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the best thing for you and other parents to do is spark an outcry against the school and law enforcement until they do something better. If they don't and it were me i'd consider yanking them out of the school until they did better. You're right that stronger law enforcement needs to be investigating, and full time too!
You're a bunch of knee-jerk morons who watch too much CSI.

It's called REALITY. The CSI cast isn't going to jump in from helicopters and cross reference everything every kid has written in the school with the notes.

Pull your kids out of school. Judging from your intelligence they've haven't got the genes for school anyway.

You'd squeal like little piggies once you got the tax bill for the level of police protection you think your little thugs deserve.
are you kidding me

Athol, NY

#12 Dec 10, 2009
I am a parent of two kids in the elementary part! This is very scary and we as parents have heard nothing! It is not a high school, it is kindergarten thru 12th grade! You people that don't live here have no clue the impact that this has had on ALL of the students! I kept my kids out of school 2 days last week because i did not want them to see what was going on! This is crazy and i will think twice before i bring them tomorrow! As a parent something more should be done and I should NOT be learning about this here!!

“I like pickles too”

#13 Dec 10, 2009
ru4real wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called REALITY. The CSI cast isn't going to jump in from helicopters and cross reference everything every kid has written in the school with the notes.
Pull your kids out of school. Judging from your intelligence they've haven't got the genes for school anyway.
You'd squeal like little piggies once you got the tax bill for the level of police protection you think your little thugs deserve.
I don't have children, I'm 23 years old and my IQ is fine enough to pass through my genes. What do you suppose law enforcement do? I'm sure if it were one of your children in school you would be worried as well. You must lack empathy for other people, especially those who have been victims of school shootings. Little thugs? They may be little thugs but if they have the ability to obtain a weapon then that makes them dangerous as well. An entire schools' REALITY should NOT be that threats are made to harm the other students and LIVES at that school. That is not reality. Try telling people at Virginia tech or columbine that it's only reality and their parents should have just yanked them out of school. Give me a break. How is it you can insult my intelligence when all you can do is resort to personal attacks? That makes a perfect example of who is really using their head.
are you kidding me

Athol, NY

#14 Dec 10, 2009
and unless you have a child that goes to this school, then back off!!!!!
wahhhhhh

Bennington, VT

#15 Dec 11, 2009
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to be a teacher in New York state you have to have a Master Degree. What level of education do you have?...
The top level teachers are bright, but clearly whoever did this is most likely in the remedial classes, with the not-so-bright teachers who teach the not-so-bright students...
Chuck

Queensbury, NY

#16 Dec 11, 2009
wahhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
The top level teachers are bright, but clearly whoever did this is most likely in the remedial classes, with the not-so-bright teachers who teach the not-so-bright students...
"In order to be a teacher in New York state you have to have a Master Degree. What level of education do you have?"
You didn't answer the question, what level of education do you have? It's a simple question. All teachers in NY are required to have a Masters Degree. With very few exceptions, not-so-bright people don't have Masters Degrees.
wahhhhhh

Bennington, VT

#17 Dec 11, 2009
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"In order to be a teacher in New York state you have to have a Master Degree. What level of education do you have?"
You didn't answer the question, what level of education do you have? It's a simple question. All teachers in NY are required to have a Masters Degree. With very few exceptions, not-so-bright people don't have Masters Degrees.
Not elementary level, that's glorified babysitting with multiplication tables, as my dad who was a NYS teacher used to say.

Let's not confuse an education with intelligence, high levels of education are a product of wealth and time to burn in study. If they are so smart and valuable, how come any grub off the street can be a substitute teacher?

I have a Masters degree if you must know.

Furthermore, a Masters degree means nothing when it comes to finding out who a school prankster or possible terrorist is, which is the real issue here. Common sense will carry more water in identifying this jamoke...

They should be able to narrow it down to about 40 punks.

“279ing my way around Benmont”

Since: Nov 08

not here

#18 Dec 11, 2009
let's see its either the greasers or the jocks. the nerds couldn't care less and the kids who ride the short bus and wear the hockey equipment couldn't figure it out.
parent of children

Barnesville, OH

#19 Dec 11, 2009
ru4real wrote:
<quoted text>
what you fail to realize is that there are children in a potentially dangerous and life threating situation. Usually people who insult others because they lock something themselves and that is how they get satisfacion and I assure you I pay more in taxes than we get here, You my friend are the one who lacks intelligence. Actually I dont watch CSI or anyother fantsy TV I concern myself with what goes on in the realworld. This is real and we need real detectives not a bunch of Barney Fifes. And CSI is not reality you my friend are the MORAN.
parent of children

Barnesville, OH

#20 Dec 11, 2009
What does LMZ even mean wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have children, I'm 23 years old and my IQ is fine enough to pass through my genes. What do you suppose law enforcement do? I'm sure if it were one of your children in school you would be worried as well. You must lack empathy for other people, especially those who have been victims of school shootings. Little thugs? They may be little thugs but if they have the ability to obtain a weapon then that makes them dangerous as well. An entire schools' REALITY should NOT be that threats are made to harm the other students and LIVES at that school. That is not reality. Try telling people at Virginia tech or columbine that it's only reality and their parents should have just yanked them out of school. Give me a break. How is it you can insult my intelligence when all you can do is resort to personal attacks? That makes a perfect example of who is really using their head.
Very well said, you are wise beyond your years your children will be lucky to have you. And mine thank you for your support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Gas Prices In The North Salem Area Oct 10 kladoprinomuew 1
Open Houses In North Salem This Weekend Oct 10 omothwomen 1
Wilton's Coffee Barn Serves Up Hot Cups Of Joe ... Oct 10 Leriomeroalin 1
Book Review: "Mark of God" by Rev. Dr. Franklyn... Oct 10 thetomcopelandmin... 1
Review: Argyle Veterinary Svc - Ronald J Peters... (Apr '10) Oct 1 mark 3
Queensbury Music Emporium (Oct '12) Sep 26 Musikologist 12
Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) Sep '14 roamer93 1,339
Greenwich Dating
Find my Match

Greenwich Jobs

Greenwich People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greenwich News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greenwich

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]