Police release new photo of missing boy

Police release new photo of missing boy

There are 113 comments on the WNYT Albany story from Mar 11, 2010, titled Police release new photo of missing boy. In it, WNYT Albany reports that:

Police hope a new image will help solve a mystery in Greenwich. The age-progressed photo shows what missing boy Jaliek Rainwalker might look like today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNYT Albany.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Just Asking

Altamont, NY

#1 Mar 11, 2010
Anybody ever hear about this kid?
Rush Him

Guilderland, NY

#2 Mar 11, 2010
Wasnt there a follow up shortly after this story opened up about someone close to this kid who owned an old house or some type of decrepit structure... the owner wouldnt allow it to be searched by investigators? Seems to me it was someone close to him like a parent or relative. For whatever reason, the cops were drawn to that place even before they were told they couldnt search it.
I dont remember all the details, but I recall thinking "theres got to be at least a 90% certainty thats where this kid is!" I couldnt figure out for the life of me why this person (who claimed to be so invested in finding him) would get so stingy about defending their constitutional rights in the face of such a dire situation - unless it is in fact where this kid is.
Im sure it doesnt do any good so long after the fact, since so many variables could have changed since then - including moving him altogether if he was there.
I cant make sense out of how that entire concept was scrapped and everybody just moved on to looking "somewhere else" for him?
A Voice from the North

Woodside, NY

#3 Mar 11, 2010
His adoptive grandmother found an article of clothing at a house the adoptive parents had rented, I believe. She was arrested for trespassing and the "clue" was taken by police, but no follow up that I know of.

Since: Feb 08

Astoria, NY

#4 Mar 11, 2010
Rush Him wrote:
Wasnt there a follow up shortly after this story opened up about someone close to this kid who owned an old house or some type of decrepit structure... the owner wouldnt allow it to be searched by investigators? Seems to me it was someone close to him like a parent or relative. For whatever reason, the cops were drawn to that place even before they were told they couldnt search it.
I dont remember all the details, but I recall thinking "theres got to be at least a 90% certainty thats where this kid is!" I couldnt figure out for the life of me why this person (who claimed to be so invested in finding him) would get so stingy about defending their constitutional rights in the face of such a dire situation - unless it is in fact where this kid is.
Im sure it doesnt do any good so long after the fact, since so many variables could have changed since then - including moving him altogether if he was there.
I cant make sense out of how that entire concept was scrapped and everybody just moved on to looking "somewhere else" for him?
You are not ALONE in the way you observed the events surrounding this childs dissappearance. There are many people who feel the exact same way as long as we keep asking those questions and speaking on behalf of Jaliek I pray one day soon the answers will come.
Mommy Joy

Ballston Spa, NY

#5 Mar 11, 2010
According to channel 10 news, the police requested the photo be done. In my opinion, I find it extremely alarming that the police had to request Jaliek's age enhanced photo. Something a parent should request and get done the second it was possible. Two years with too many red flags...

RealityCheck

Pittsfield, MA

#6 Mar 11, 2010
The real Jaliek Rainwalker probably doesn't even look like that in the picture. That's really horrible photoshop work.

“In Memory of Anna Mae Aquash”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7 Mar 11, 2010
I think they did a great job with the photo of Jaliek. I have the links for the news 10, and news 9 stories, and have shared it all over the networking world as much as possible ! Spring is here, and its is time to resume searches, and fundraisers as well as circulate this new photo, and talk it up. Keep his name out there folks...lets not let the public forget !!!!! Still searching ...

“Justice for Jaliek Rainwalker”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#8 Mar 11, 2010
Rush Him wrote:
The place you are referring to is Raven's Way. The house where Jaliek and his family were living prior to him going missing. I use the term house loosely. It was far from the comforts of home. It was cleverly executed to keep the police from going on the property. They let LE on there in the beginning, but, with the suspicion that Jaliek was suicidal. They were looking for a child above ground, not below. By the time the case shifted to Dad being a POI the parents would not let LE back on the property. The referral to Grandma being arrested was when she found the fleece that Jaliek was supposed to be wearing when he "ran away". God bless Barbara for her perservearance in this case. She has been a rock steady Grandma. Never once has she stopped her searching for her grandson. The searches shifted to other places because it was thought that if his body was on Raven's Way it may have been moved elsewhere. There will be justice in this case. So many people love this child that did not even know he existed 28 months ago. Good luck to all as the search continues. A special thank you to Chief Bell and his officers for being there strong and true. It is hard to know what a child would look like. People that are complaining should submit there version of what Jaliek would look like in a more professonal portrait. Quite frankly, the picture looks very much like Jaliek to me. Anyone putting effort into this case is doing a better job than his supposed parents.
HBIC

Latham, NY

#10 Mar 12, 2010
Ben Dover wrote:
Oh GOD! Here we go with this crap again!
If you feel it is crap that is fine that is your opinion but can you not post as to not he hateful?
Ben Dover

Lee, MA

#11 Mar 12, 2010
HBIC wrote:
<quoted text>If you feel it is crap that is fine that is your opinion but can you not post as to not he hateful?
No
HBIC

Latham, NY

#12 Mar 12, 2010
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>
No
Adn why may I ask is that?
Cathy from Corinth

Schenectady, NY

#13 Mar 12, 2010
BEN I AM WITH YOU. THEY WILL NEVER FIND JALIEK AND THE FATHER AND THE MOTHER ARE LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST.....PAR FOR COURSE....SAD BUT TRUE....LETS MOVE ON...
Rush Him

Guilderland, NY

#14 Mar 12, 2010
Im no detective but this whole thing smells an awful lot like another another Jon Benet!
So the adoptive father started geting pressure from the fuzz that he was a potential suspect... and then all of a sudden the search of his property was no longer allowed? And then had the audacity to push to issue of his rights to refuse the search based on the premise that he had endured too much emotional trauma to be treated as a suspect? Really? In the face of your adopted sons disappearance? All the while sobbing to news reporters, and requesting that everyone else relinquish any information and evidence that could lead to his rescue???
Come on... I feel really bad for the people who have to suffer this kids demise, and more for the poor kid himself - but there are whole lot more questions that have to be answered to make this effort practical.
With due respect to those who truly care about him, it seems to me, there are a lot of people looking for something theyre never gonna find.
These guys might be able to fool the average Wal Mart shopper, but this just doesnt add up!
Enough already

Albany, NY

#15 Mar 12, 2010
The new photo looks like baabaabooey from the Howard Stern Show. Look, just get over it. This boy's remains will never be found. If there is anything left of him, it could be anywhere. OR just maybe the kid ran away and doesn't want to be found. These hanger-ons need a hobby.
Cathy from Corinth

Schenectady, NY

#16 Mar 12, 2010
AMEN AMEN
Mommy Joy

Ballston Spa, NY

#17 Mar 12, 2010
Cathy from Corinth wrote:
AMEN AMEN
We know who you are...coward!
Mom2Cool

Parsippany, NJ

#18 Mar 12, 2010
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>
No
Sybil you sure do get around don't ya? I remember last time you used this name what's the matter you off the meds again?.. I've got it all in my records want me to repost commentss from then? LOL
Mom2Cool

Parsippany, NJ

#19 Mar 12, 2010
We've said all along we'll never stop looking & we'll never stop so it isn't "here we go again" we've never stopped....

&fe ature=related
Mom2Cool

Parsippany, NJ

#20 Mar 12, 2010
We've never stopped for it to be "here we go again" we'll never stop looking we've said this over & over.

&fe ature=related
Mom2Cool

Parsippany, NJ

#21 Mar 12, 2010
We've never stopped for it to be "here we go again" we'll never stop looking we've said this over & over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) Mar 19 Phil B 1,653
Jenna Woginrich at Cold Antler Farm Mar 19 Bodacious Broad 2
Men's masturbation party Mar 10 Sid 1
Obama, Leno Letterman Micro Torture Data Sell S... Feb '17 Truth 1
News 'Destructive Decisions' Program Exposes Fort An... Feb '17 rich 1
Queensbury Music Emporium (Oct '12) Dec '16 Musikologist 16
News Vigil marks Rainwalker anniversary (Nov '08) Nov '16 Kim8871 7

Greenwich Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance