Police break up underage party in Gre...

Police break up underage party in Greenwich Monday

There are 23 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Dec 28, 2010, titled Police break up underage party in Greenwich Monday. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

Cambridge-Greenwich Police reported that an underage drinking party was broken up in Greenwich late Monday night, resulting in 11 area youths receiving citations for possession of alcohol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
runs in the family

Bennington, VT

#1 Dec 29, 2010
For the one boy- drinking seems to run in the family.
I am eighteen

Bennington, VT

#2 Dec 29, 2010
The drinking age should really be 18. I can go into the military carry a weapon and kill people in a war Or be killed for my country. I can vote. Yet I cannot drink.
Jeepers

Bennington, VT

#3 Dec 29, 2010
runs in the family wrote:
For the one boy- drinking seems to run in the family.
I see a few on there which one are you talking about?
LegallyDrankAt18

Bennington, VT

#4 Dec 29, 2010
I am eighteen wrote:
The drinking age should really be 18. I can go into the military carry a weapon and kill people in a war Or be killed for my country. I can vote. Yet I cannot drink.
Agreed, you're either an adult with all the rights and responsibilities of adulthood or you aren't. This cherry-picking of rights is unfair.
shannon green da queen

Argyle, NY

#5 Dec 29, 2010
drugs should be legal as well

Burlington, VT

#6 Dec 29, 2010
I am eighteen wrote:
go join the millitary then
officer davenport

Brookline, MA

#7 Dec 29, 2010
No way should the drinking age be lowered...you are all too stupid! Smoke weed instead...
I am eighteen

Bennington, VT

#8 Dec 29, 2010
reply wrote:
<quoted text>go join the millitary then
Will you join under the buddy system with me? Honestly why would I want to do that? I am too young to want to die. I can't even legally drink. But you would ship me off to a distant country to die?
officer Davenport

Brookline, MA

#9 Dec 29, 2010
I am eighteen wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you join under the buddy system with me? Honestly why would I want to do that? I am too young to want to die. I can't even legally drink. But you would ship me off to a distant country to die?
You prove our point with your ignorance. Who says you will die if you get "shipped off"? Drink and drive and you may die sooner than going in the service. You wanna be a man? Act like one.
I am eighteen

Bennington, VT

#10 Dec 29, 2010
officer Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>You prove our point with your ignorance. Who says you will die if you get "shipped off"? Drink and drive and you may die sooner than going in the service. You wanna be a man? Act like one.
Rule of thumb be smart enough not to drink and drive. That would be ignorant. Silly adults have less sense then an eighteen year old. Sir I think you honestly missed my point. It is all okay. your old age must have you're brain all fogged up.
officer Davenport

Brookline, MA

#11 Dec 29, 2010
I am eighteen wrote:
<quoted text>
Rule of thumb be smart enough not to drink and drive. That would be ignorant. Silly adults have less sense then an eighteen year old. Sir I think you honestly missed my point. It is all okay. your old age must have you're brain all fogged up.
d age as you immaturingly call it is really experience. Been there and done that. Rules of thumb go out the window when a teenager gets drunk. Rules of thumb go out the window when anyone gets drunk. You're too young to know any better. Tens of thousands of people throw your rules out the window every year and DIE! All that is need is for a whole new age group of drunks to be on the road. Sorry, but, you can taste the almighty liquor(legally) when you are old enough to handle it and then, we'll see if you can. Now go play with your dolls.
shannon green da queen

Argyle, NY

#12 Dec 29, 2010
smoke crystal meth instead of drinking that poison!!!
illegal is illegal

Brookline, MA

#13 Dec 29, 2010
My two cents are below. Hope this helps.

Drinking under the age of 21 is illegal. Supplying alcohol to individuals under 21 is illegal.

The people who were busted were under 21 years old.

What would happen if those students went for a drive after their "party" and had a fatal accident to themselves and/or others? This is one of the reasons why the drinking age is set at 21.

There should be no sympathy whatsoever for any of the busted "beer partiers".

Does drinking by under-21's happen? Yes. Is it illegal? Yes.

Period.

Being under 21 has a lot to do with drinking and driving. Enforcing the minimum age drinking laws has saved an estimated 25,000 lives since 1975 (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).

People under 21 have less driving experience and less maturity than those in the 21-34 group. Keeping the drinking age at 21 saves lives by (in part) helping to prevent underage drinking and driving. This is a fact.

It is not about depriving someone of their "rights". Call the ACLU if you feel your rights are violated. It is not a "right" to drink alcohol, it is a "responsibility".

The police did not go there because "they had nothing better to do" than to pick on poor, innocent students just trying to have a beer party on the weekend. They went there to save lives. Plain and simple.

Update: Numbers published in the USA Today on 10/19/10 show that an estimated 27,000 lives saved (link below).

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-10-1 ...

BY THE NUMBERS

Traffic crashes are the No. 1 cause of death for 16- to 19-year-olds.

25% of all 15- to 20-year-old drivers killed in crashes were alcohol impaired.

73% of youth in alcohol impaired fatalities were not wearing seat belts.

An estimated 27,052 lives were saved since 1975 as a result of raising the drinking age to 21.

350,000 injuries every year come from crashes for 15- to 20-year-olds.

“Congrats to Green Bay”

Since: Jun 08

Pittsburgh, Pa

#14 Dec 29, 2010
illegal is illegal wrote:
My two cents are below. Hope this helps.
Drinking under the age of 21 is illegal. Supplying alcohol to individuals under 21 is illegal.
The people who were busted were under 21 years old.
What would happen if those students went for a drive after their "party" and had a fatal accident to themselves and/or others? This is one of the reasons why the drinking age is set at 21.
There should be no sympathy whatsoever for any of the busted "beer partiers".
Does drinking by under-21's happen? Yes. Is it illegal? Yes.
Period.
Being under 21 has a lot to do with drinking and driving. Enforcing the minimum age drinking laws has saved an estimated 25,000 lives since 1975 (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).
People under 21 have less driving experience and less maturity than those in the 21-34 group. Keeping the drinking age at 21 saves lives by (in part) helping to prevent underage drinking and driving. This is a fact.
It is not about depriving someone of their "rights". Call the ACLU if you feel your rights are violated. It is not a "right" to drink alcohol, it is a "responsibility".
The police did not go there because "they had nothing better to do" than to pick on poor, innocent students just trying to have a beer party on the weekend. They went there to save lives. Plain and simple.
Update: Numbers published in the USA Today on 10/19/10 show that an estimated 27,000 lives saved (link below).
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-10-1 ...
BY THE NUMBERS
Traffic crashes are the No. 1 cause of death for 16- to 19-year-olds.
25% of all 15- to 20-year-old drivers killed in crashes were alcohol impaired.
73% of youth in alcohol impaired fatalities were not wearing seat belts.
An estimated 27,052 lives were saved since 1975 as a result of raising the drinking age to 21.
350,000 injuries every year come from crashes for 15- to 20-year-olds.
And my 2 cents:
What would happen if all these 18 19 and 20 year old individuals
refused to serve in the military????

And why stop with alcohol, how about no driving or use of firearms
until you are 21???? No boating, no fishing, no f-ing, no bicycling, no crossing street without an adult, no swimming without life vest, no skiing without body armor, no dancing on hard surfaces and no football unless you were born with mental deficiencies (Doi Di Doi Syndrome).....

Estimated 25,000 lives saved????? BS.... Call it what it is, A GUESSTIMATE, government propaganda.....
GUNS KILL what, 3000 4000 kids a year???? Do something with them and you would have a GUESSTIMATE of over 100,000 for the same
time span.......
not the same thing

United States

#15 Dec 29, 2010
Being in the military is not the same as drinking. If that is your argument, i'd rather you not serve my country
LSU

Maspeth, NY

#16 Dec 29, 2010
not the same thing wrote:
Being in the military is not the same as drinking. If that is your argument, i'd rather you not serve my country
It's OK, you can join now. They allow gays in the military!
illegal is illegal

Brookline, MA

#17 Dec 29, 2010
X-Vermonter wrote:
<quoted text>
And my 2 cents:
What would happen if all these 18 19 and 20 year old individuals
refused to serve in the military????
And why stop with alcohol, how about no driving or use of firearms
until you are 21???? No boating, no fishing, no ****, no bicycling, no crossing street without an adult, no swimming without life vest, no skiing without body armor, no dancing on hard surfaces and no football unless you were born with mental deficiencies (Doi Di Doi Syndrome).....
Estimated 25,000 lives saved????? BS.... Call it what it is, A GUESSTIMATE, government propaganda.....
GUNS KILL what, 3000 4000 kids a year???? Do something with them and you would have a GUESSTIMATE of over 100,000 for the same
time span.......
Wow, what a comment. I should not even reply to that idiocy, however:

These 18, 19, and 20 year old people CAN refuse to serve in the military. The US military recruits volunteers. There is no draft.

No firearms until you are 21 sounds good to me. Yes, the 25k lives saved is a guesstimate, obviously, since they are not dead and then resurrected.

By the way, your question mark key seems to be sticking.
illegal is illegal

Brookline, MA

#18 Dec 29, 2010
LSU wrote:
<quoted text>It's OK, you can join now. They allow gays in the military!
Thank you for showing everyone your juvenile behavior and that you are 13 years old.

“Congrats to Green Bay”

Pittsburgh, Pa

#19 Dec 30, 2010
not the same thing wrote:
YOUR COUNTRY?????
Then get off your sss and defend it.... The people doing it now
are to young, inexperienced and irresponsible..... You yourself
said it........

“Congrats to Green Bay”

Pittsburgh, Pa

#20 Dec 30, 2010
illegal is illegal wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a comment. I should not even reply to that idiocy, however:
These 18, 19, and 20 year old people CAN refuse to serve in the military. The US military recruits volunteers. There is no draft.
No firearms until you are 21 sounds good to me. Yes, the 25k lives saved is a guesstimate, obviously, since they are not dead and then resurrected.
By the way, your question mark key seems to be sticking.
Who said anything about the draft????
You want a young military, give them the rights they deserve...

The question mark thing, I do that on purpose just to peez people
like you off!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) 17 hr Curious 1,732
News From Nicaragua To New York, ONS Doctor Brings W... Sep 13 In pain 1
Queensbury Music Emporium (Oct '12) Sep 1 Musikologist 17
Who is this Arthur Swenson Guy that smells of u... (May '10) Aug '17 arnold macree 28
Men's masturbation party (Mar '17) Jul '17 Justin 4
Jenna Woginrich at Cold Antler Farm (Mar '17) Mar '17 Bodacious Broad 2
Obama, Leno Letterman Micro Torture Data Sell S... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Truth 1

Greenwich Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwich Mortgages