4 indicted on drug-related charges

4 indicted on drug-related charges

There are 15 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Feb 1, 2011, titled 4 indicted on drug-related charges. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

Four individuals arrested in November in Cambridge on drug possession charges have been indicted by a Washington County grand jury, with additional charges added for alleged distribution of cocaine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

vtr

Arlington, VT

#1 Feb 2, 2011
this is good... but lets see the bennington pd do some raids. Preferably the red house/apartment across from Stewarts in bennington..just a thought!
Moe

AOL

#2 Feb 2, 2011
Hey Einstein, instead of publicly giving a heads-up so they could be forewarned, why didn't you share whatever information you have with the PD privately? Or are you one of those who make accusations with nothing to back them up?
Wag the dog

Canaan, CT

#3 Feb 2, 2011
"The raid involved members of the Cambridge-Greenwich Police, Bennington Police, New York State Division of Parole, and the Washington County SheriffÂ’s Emergency Response Team.

Police seized approximately 8 grams of cocaine, small amounts of marijuana, and several hundred dollars in cash."

What a waste/misuse of resources that could have been better spent on missing/abused kids...human trafficking...and such. How much in $$$$ did this cost us taxpayers? How many officers/people did this make unavailable for other duties?
Legalize, tax & regulate...what someone wants to do to their own body...or put into it...should be entirely up to them.
None of your Business

Salem, MA

#4 Feb 2, 2011
to whom is may concern , you want to write alot of negative things about people you don't know. Well why don't you write the positive things that people who knows them do know. Like they are very good parents to thier kids. THier kids are very loved by both karrel and Cortney and vert well taking care of. Them 2 little boys where always well taking care of , Very clean , loved , thier was always food on the table for thier kids and nice close on thier kids backs. They were not bad parent and thier kids where always with them. They never left thier kids with anyone.
Everyone makes mistakes so why don't you write about something better like child molesters and rapist , Leave thiese poore people the hell alone. We have heard enough on them and thier kids . So put this in the paper if you would like!!!!
sorry

Morrisville, VT

#5 Feb 2, 2011
None of your Business wrote:
to whom is may concern , you want to write alot of negative things about people you don't know. Well why don't you write the positive things that people who knows them do know. Like they are very good parents to thier kids. THier kids are very loved by both karrel and Cortney and vert well taking care of. Them 2 little boys where always well taking care of , Very clean , loved , thier was always food on the table for thier kids and nice close on thier kids backs. They were not bad parent and thier kids where always with them. They never left thier kids with anyone.
Everyone makes mistakes so why don't you write about something better like child molesters and rapist , Leave thiese poore people the hell alone. We have heard enough on them and thier kids . So put this in the paper if you would like!!!!
I didn't understand a word of this.......
bobcat

Argyle, NY

#6 Feb 2, 2011

All of the things you say may be true,but that is easy to do when you deal drugs. My question to you,None of your business,is this, do you condone the actions of the adults in the household dealing drugs while there are kids present, whether or not they are in a different room. My belief is that most people do not condone this type of behavior. In my opinion the kids should be removed from the home and not placed anywhere where the parents or relatives of the adults who were charged can contact them without responsible adult supervision, because as I am aware the were placed with relatives of the adults charged. Now please tell me the relatives they were placed with had no idea what was going on and I will tell you that most people with any common sense will not believe that
WHAT the

Bennington, VT

#7 Feb 2, 2011
Any amount of money is ok being spent to get those kids away from that enviroment. For those of you that don't know 4 ounces of cocaine is alot of coke. And these people were moving those amounts need to come down, so price well spent. Unfortunately with NY's big budget cuts the Drug Task Force make take a big hit.............too bad. These kind of people just bring down the quality of life for that community. Id do what I had to to feed my family but this is not the way.............still openings at McD's
what the---

Brookline, MA

#8 Feb 2, 2011
sorry WHAT the, I didn't see your post...if I had I wouldn't have used your name...

“Make your word impeccable.”

Since: Jul 09

East Bumble

#9 Feb 3, 2011
WHAT the wrote:
Any amount of money is ok being spent to get those kids away from that enviroment. For those of you that don't know 4 ounces of cocaine is alot of coke. And these people were moving those amounts need to come down, so price well spent. Unfortunately with NY's big budget cuts the Drug Task Force make take a big hit..........too bad. These kind of people just bring down the quality of life for that community. Id do what I had to to feed my family but this is not the way..........still openings at McD's
Where did you get 4 oz's from? It said 8 grams, that's about a 1/4 oz.
Wag the dog

Canaan, CT

#10 Feb 4, 2011
WHAT the wrote:
Any amount of money is ok being spent to get those kids away from that enviroment. For those of you that don't know 4 ounces of cocaine is alot of coke. And these people were moving those amounts need to come down, so price well spent. Unfortunately with NY's big budget cuts the Drug Task Force make take a big hit..........too bad. These kind of people just bring down the quality of life for that community. Id do what I had to to feed my family but this is not the way..........still openings at McD's
No, it isn't money well spent or "for the children". It is grandstanding, it is diversion and it is scapegoating. Alcohol and tobacco do more damage than any other drugs yet they are legal. Hypocrisy.
Hmmmm

Dallas, TX

#11 Feb 5, 2011
Wag the dog wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't money well spent or "for the children". It is grandstanding, it is diversion and it is scapegoating. Alcohol and tobacco do more damage than any other drugs yet they are legal. Hypocrisy.
Wow, someone with a brain!

The ONLY answer to ghe drug problem is to end prohibition and educate people. Simple isn't it?

By the way, even LAW enforcement is starting to see the light....

http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php

“We've got some hoon trouble”

Since: Jan 11

Humpty Doo

#12 Feb 5, 2011
Non Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get 4 oz's from? It said 8 grams, that's about a 1/4 oz.
Arithmetic is not the forte of many people here on topix.

Then again, they might be referring to the 4 oz's they had themselves.
Norman Bates

Housatonic, MA

#13 Feb 5, 2011
Max Rockatansky wrote:
<quoted text>
Arithmetic is not the forte of many people here on topix.
Then again, they might be referring to the 4 oz's they had themselves.
Now wait just a minute before you insult any of the trailer trash...er ...ops...um...I mean any of the fine up standing knuckle heads here many of whom could not count to eleven without taking off their pants.
KMJones

United States

#14 May 30, 2011
Take a family of four, whose bills are being paid, whose kids are being fed, and whose parents are loving, and otherwise law abiding and upstanding citizens, and arrest the parents. Now what do you have. An empty home or apartment, not bringing money into the community. 2 adults in the system that cost thousands to arrest and prosecute, and 10s of thousands to jail or "rehabilitate". 2 kids that will likely end up disenfranchised and condemned to lower social status as orphans in the system. Also costing tax payers a lot of money. The stores they spent their money in will suffer the loss too.

And every body and any body who ever bought coke there, will still get it tonight.

It's a brilliant job program for cops. Great chatter for the egotistical pseudo-christian who thinks they have a right to judge anybody for what they do behind closed doors. But, who the hell does anybody really think this war on drugs is helping? Your kids are no safer now than last week. You are no safer either. The only answer to these problems is legalization.

Hundreds of thousands know I'm right and are demanding change world wide. Don't believe me? http://www.avaaz.org/en/end_the_war_on_drugs/...

See for yourself.
stop the madness.

Since: Aug 09

Canaan, CT

#15 May 31, 2011
KMJones wrote:
Take a family of four, whose bills are being paid, whose kids are being fed, and whose parents are loving, and otherwise law abiding and upstanding citizens, and arrest the parents. Now what do you have. An empty home or apartment, not bringing money into the community. 2 adults in the system that cost thousands to arrest and prosecute, and 10s of thousands to jail or "rehabilitate". 2 kids that will likely end up disenfranchised and condemned to lower social status as orphans in the system. Also costing tax payers a lot of money. The stores they spent their money in will suffer the loss too.

And every body and any body who ever bought coke there, will still get it tonight.

It's a brilliant job program for cops. Great chatter for the egotistical pseudo-christian who thinks they have a right to judge anybody for what they do behind closed doors. But, who the hell does anybody really think this war on drugs is helping? Your kids are no safer now than last week. You are no safer either. The only answer to these problems is legalization.

Hundreds of thousands know I'm right and are demanding change world wide. Don't believe me? http://www.avaaz.org/en/end_the_war_on_drugs/...

See for yourself.
stop the madness.
"otherwise law abiding" that's like saying "hey except for all those people Bundy killed, he was a nice guy". Doesn't mean the law wasn't broken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) Jan 15 Augie 1,641
Queensbury Music Emporium (Oct '12) Dec 18 Musikologist 16
News Vigil marks Rainwalker anniversary (Nov '08) Nov '16 Kim8871 7
Everyday Life Oct '16 Cow Truck 1
Local Man Creates App To Lock Kids Cellphones U... (Aug '13) Sep '16 Lago Clara 2
queensbury high football player (Aug '11) Sep '16 Unimpressed grand... 2
News Westchester Native Thinks Outside The Box With ... Aug '16 John 1

Greenwich Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwich Mortgages