House with a bloody history

House with a bloody history

There are 54 comments on the Stamford Advocate story from Sep 17, 2008, titled House with a bloody history. In it, Stamford Advocate reports that:

The red brick apartment building at 39 Glenbrook Road houses a bloody past. It was called Laurelton House in the 1990s but was renamed Redstone Manor after the third killing 10 years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stamford Advocate.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Scary

Naugatuck, CT

#42 Jan 29, 2011
Buff wrote:
Allright...someone correct me if Im wrong.There was the fellow who lived on the corner of Belltown and ? Dont remember....across from the park.He killed a cops daughter and later attacked two teenage girls on or around Newfield Ave.Then there was a murder on Belltown over soapy water in the driveway.There also was a murder on Haig of a young girl babysitting....and a roadrage incident that ended on Haig with a machete and a couple of cut off fingers and one hand.All these things did happen in this area in the seventys.Exactly when in the 70's or early 80's...I dont remember.
The cops daughter was Joanne Fiore. She was killed in the staircase of he Hanover Hall apartments on Bedford St. The guy with the soapy driveway was named Brian. He was washing his car in preparation for a date that evening. His date, Robin Komsta Lambertson waited for him and he never showed up. She followed the trial closely, and when ot was over, she hung herself in a cemetary on July 4, 1983. Sad.
Nancy Perretta

Sussex, WI

#43 Jul 29, 2011
Yikes wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember a lot of talk about a guy in a white station wagon. Was that all an urban legend or was it true?
The white station wagon was true. My dad was a cop and in the mid to late 70s we had the word to watch out for the white car. very scarey
s wilburn

Shelton, CT

#44 Aug 11, 2011
MilkmanMike wrote:
I'm not saying retards aren't nice people. Heck, most of 'em can't help it.
I love the little basturds for sure. But let's face it people... Retarded is retarded.
No retard deserves to die. My thoughts go out to all families with retards.
you are an jerk
francesco

Madison, NJ

#45 Aug 24, 2011
my soccer coaches grandmother lived nest door to the soapy water murdera and i live 4 blocks away!
Katarina

East Quogue, NY

#46 Oct 1, 2011
francesco wrote:
my soccer coaches grandmother lived nest door to the soapy water murdera and i live 4 blocks away!
i live in Belltown Rd too and do you know the house number#??? And how he was kill?? Thank youuu...
Stamford Native Son

Cambridge, MA

#47 Feb 14, 2012
I was a Stamford High School Sophomore and lived on Upland Road in 1970 when Joanne Fiore was murdered by Bruce Solomon. My folks' home was about six or so houses up the road from Belltown Field from the Solomons' residence on Upland Road. Solomon was a couple years older than me, but I grew up knowing him from my Cub Scout Pack and hanging out at Belltown Field playing ball. It was my uncle, then a Stamford Homicide Detective, who pursued Soloman (who was always my Uncle's only suspect)relentlessly. There were no witnesses, no physical evidence. The lack of witnesses haunts my uncle to this day. The violence of the attack was such that neighbors had to have heard something happening on the apartment stairwell. By the way, Joanne was the daughter of a Stamford Cop. Through pure gum shoeing, my uncle had Soloman at the lobby of Joanne's apartment at the time of the murder. He could not proceed, and the Stamford Police could not believe Soloman was capable of such a horrifically violent attack. Soloman's older brother was a Greenwhich Police Officer, also. My uncle lost credibility with the Stamford Police Department. He consulted a criminal psychologist for a profile, and it was believed the killer would strike again. Unbeknownst to me, my uncle was confiding in my father. Dad saw me chatting with Soloman by our stonewall and Dad called me over and gruffly told me not to interact with that guy. For the better part of the year, Soloman was always about 10 yards behind me walking to his Tech High School while I was headed to SHS. My uncle had to bide his time. As predicted, Soloman struck again, perhaps a year or so after murdering Joanne, almost clubbing to death our next door neighbor's niece on Newfield Avenue across from the LaPine Estate (now developed) only this time they were witnesses. Three brothers (with a surname of Kelly I believe) saw Soloman pull her over the stone wall. The oldest pulled over his car (they were on their way to Catholic High) and went after Soloman, the middle brother gave first aid, and the youngest banged on doors to get to a phone. Soloman made his getaway through my parents' yard. That night, at around 4AM, my uncle obtained his confession for the murder of Joanne Fiore. He produced the knife, her purse and a textbook ... his souvenirs. My uncle woke my Dad up at 4:15AM right after the confession. Bruce Soloman had actually been found innocent by reason of insanity and sentenced to a mental institution. For the trial, he was coached by his lawyers to dress as if he was mentally challenged; shoes unlaced, shirt on backwards, and so forth. This was a travesty because he was reasonably book smart as I recall, he was socially slow but a natty dresser even wearing a Neru high collar jacket when that was a short-lived fashion disaster, I mean rage. Several years later, home from Thanksgiving from Boston University, I looked out the picture window and to my shock there was Bruce Soloman walking the neighborhood. Some judge had granted him three day furloughs. The neighborhood came together and signed a petition, and that was that for amnesty. Since then, I have spoken with Uncle at length. Solving the murder and bringing the killer to justice was the crown jewel, I believe, in his law enforcement career. he retired a Lieutenant. In a quirk of fate, a couple or so weeks ago, the survivor of Solomon's second known attack walked into my brother's bank and saw his name on his door. She asked to meet him for lunch, to discuss the case and the possibility of meeting my uncle. She shared with my brother that our uncle was the only bright light in a very dark time for her. My uncle, still is haunted by the case and what took place on that apartment stairwell. When in town for the holidays, my brother and I will walk past the old ballfield where both of us played Babe Ruth Ball and played for hours with our friends. The Solomon house still creeps me out, a house of evil.
No Name

Greensboro, NC

#49 Mar 16, 2012
It was Hanover Hall Apartments on Bedford Street in Stamford in the stairwell between the 2nd and 3rd floor. It was in the 1960's 1968 I believe and her father was a police officer in the juvinile division. The reason I know this is because I lived in Summer Terrace Apts in the same complex when it happened. They did catch the guy but I had already moved when that happened so I don't know the details of whatever happened to him
No Name

Charlotte, NC

#50 Mar 17, 2012
Sorry..the timeline is wrong..it was 1970 when it happened
Jim

Ormond Beach, FL

#51 Feb 10, 2013
You my friend are an arse, can't spell either, Idiot!
Jim

Ormond Beach, FL

#52 Feb 10, 2013
You are an ignorant person really, can't spell either, go back to school!
oh yea you did, "short bus" huh.....
Deb

Derby, CT

#53 Jul 6, 2013
It was February of 1970 when Joanne Fiore was murdered, four months before our graduation from Stamford High School. She was a sweet girl whose life was tragically cut short by Bruce Soloman who now walks a free man. Insanity plea??? I think that insane or not, he has no right to be free. What a nightmare for her family to see the man who viciously attacked their daughter in a stairwell go free. Where is the justice in that.
Thomas Talavera

Ashburn, VA

#55 Sep 7, 2013
never thought i would find one that was totally free, they all usually ask you for a credit card, but this one didnt! i was able to chat and use every feature of the site for free, send and receive messages, check my flirts and even free video chat. you guy and girls should really check this one out! its definitely worth a look http://tinyurl.com/m5mz9p3
stamfordite

Stamford, CT

#56 Dec 28, 2013
My older sister was called first to babysit, but luckily couldnt make it. Sandy was sadly available. The creep is still trying to get out on parole last i heard. There used to be a petition that went around to keep him in prison, but i havent heard anything in a while. Hopefully hes not out and hopefully i dont ever run into him...
buff

Westport, CT

#57 Dec 14, 2015
ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on what you want to know, probably right on this board.
Well....his name was Bruce Williams.He was in my 5th and 6th grade class.I spent the weekend at his house once.His father was a cop and had been bear hunting that weekend.Two dead bears in the garage,I am almost sure he has been paroled and is some type of Harbor master or something now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrats resolve to fight Trump 19 hr BPT 1
News Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) Jan 14 a-citizen 493
News Man who scaled White House fence gets 3 years' ... Jan 13 BPT 1
News Man found dead in Norwalk identified (Jan '09) Jan 8 Person Who Really... 15
News Joanna Jack, 30, of Stamford, was charged with ... Jan 7 cher01 2
News Sharpton tells Stamford audience: - Stand up' Dec 21 Robdny 11
News Early voting initiative makes comeback in Conn. Dec 21 BPT 1

Greenwich Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwich Mortgages