chimp attack victim weak, brother says...

Posted in the Greenwich Forum

Comments (Page 289)

Showing posts 5,761 - 5,780 of23,897
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
moontyde

Port Chester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

*edit*

... legally ...
Kelly

Eyota, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

moontyde wrote:
<quoted text>
Then STFU and stop asking them personal questions and baiting them already, sweetie!
Hey dipsh!t ,the only questions I recall asking was about the pictures of greg harrison knocking down Jason's door & when judie first started abusing her chimps and that was LAST THURSDAY..so why dont >> YOU STFU dickwad!
And besides stupid>their baiting themselfs!
moontyde

Port Chester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

First Sheesh wasn't a vet, according to you and your twin Hopeless, although he is in fact a vet. Then I was related to Nash, although I never met any of the people involved in this case. Now Res is Judie's husband, although he clearly can't stomach her.

LOL! Do you "soppose" anyone really takes you that seriously, sweetie? Get real. You're just an ignorant little sh-i-t stirring bumpkin, and you have been from the start.
former res

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dipsh!t ,the only questions I recall asking was about the pictures of greg harrison knocking down Jason's door & when judie first started abusing her chimps and that was LAST THURSDAY..so why dont >> YOU STFU dickwad!
And besides stupid>their baiting themselfs!
Spell much?
Kelly

Eyota, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Spell much?
Altho you STILL can read it!
Kelly

Eyota, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

moontyde wrote:
First Sheesh wasn't a vet, according to you and your twin Hopeless, although he is in fact a vet. Then I was related to Nash, although I never met any of the people involved in this case. Now Res is Judie's husband, although he clearly can't stomach her.
LOL! Do you "soppose" anyone really takes you that seriously, sweetie? Get real. You're just an ignorant little sh-i-t stirring bumpkin, and you have been from the start.
What?? You really do have a reading comprehension problem dont you? I never said that sheesh wasnt a vet that was others on here and you know it!(show me where I said that)and if I replyed to anything about that ,it was being sarcastic!

Cherry is the one who accused res of being judie's husband..my reply to cherry was AGAIN being sarcastic not an accusation! If anyone here is stirring anything its judie & her 'KIDS' who posted the website in the first place..do you really think that by posting all their family drama on the air that there wouldnt be some kind of feedback? get a clue dipstick!
sheesh ersatz vet

Madison Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

Warm and cozy in here like always!

How is everyone? Been camping in Cherokee. Was nice to sit next to a river for a few days and do absolutely NOTHING!
moontyde

Port Chester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

Oh please, child, I'm far from it. You however read like you spell ... between some imaginary lines. Play it as innocent as you'd like but I'm still not buying what you are so desperately trying to sell. So just get over it already because your true colors are showing ... and they sure aren't that pleasant to look at, sweetie.
moontyde

Port Chester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

sheesh ersatz vet wrote:
How is everyone? Been camping in Cherokee. Was nice to sit next to a river for a few days and do absolutely NOTHING!
Alright, Sheesh, you got to go camping after all. Glad to hear it. Sounds very cool indeed.
former res

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

sheesh ersatz vet wrote:
Hi sheesh - glad you enjoyed your much deserved vacation!(I won't ask if you missed us.) I had a nice trip to NH/ME/CT. The whale-watching in Maine was especially enjoyable. Saw too many to count.
Kelly

Eyota, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

moontyde wrote:
Oh please, child, I'm far from it. You however read like you spell ... between some imaginary lines. Play it as innocent as you'd like but I'm still not buying what you are so desperately trying to sell. So just get over it already because your true colors are showing ... and they sure aren't that pleasant to look at, sweetie.
LMAO
Your WAY too funny!
Lisa

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize how much I missed the "relationship with a chimp" line. Ahhhh, life is good.
It's called "deep pockets" Lisa. Nash's attorney's are doing their job - getting as much $$$ as possible for her lifetime of care. Even if they clean Herold's financial clock (and I hope they do), it may not be enough.
You're right about one thing though, "The state can't ban stupidity." Herold is living proof.
Yes I understand deep pockets and greed!!!

If by some chance Nash could recover from the state...think of the legal consequences. This would be a case precedent and not just pertaining to chimps.

Pit Bulls have done the same kind of damage and have killed numerous people. CT has not banned pit bulls. If a person was seriously injured like Nash was or killed by a pit bull...then why shouldn't that person sue the state for not banning pit bulls.

The case in Florida where the pet python killed the toddler....why shouldn't the mother of the child sue the state for not banning pythons? It is legal to own pythons in CT.

For the same reasons that a person attacked by a pit bull or a python can't or shouldn't sue the state, Nash should not be able to recover from the state.

Yes the relationship with Travis is a big deal. It defies logic to have a 15 year relationship with a chimp and then blame everyone else when Nash is injured.
moontyde

Port Chester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>Pit Bulls have done the same kind of damage and have killed numerous people. CT has not banned pit bulls. If a person was seriously injured like Nash was or killed by a pit bull...then why shouldn't that person sue the state for not banning pit bulls.
Erm ... because strict liability is written into CT law in regards to dog bites and attacks. Would you prefer that that law be applied towards all animals?
sheesh ersatz vet

Madison Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

In a perfect world, animal owners would be held liable for the behavior of their pets. Where I live, if my dog (a pit) attacks you then I am highly likely to have my feet held to the fire. Just because a place is a bit slow holding owners of other animals responsible for their pet's behavior doesn't mean they shouldn't be.
sheesh ersatz vet

Madison Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Judged:

15 year relationship?

Herold owned him and spent almost the full extent of his life with him. Nash was a friend that visited with some degree of frequency. Herold knew him better than any living soul and should have known better about his moods.

She should have also made a career out of learning chimp behavior from infancy well into adulthood instead of finding out by trial and error. Which, BTW, seems to be a fairly accurate description for the way her experiences unfolded with him over his lifespan.
former res

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

Judged:

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I understand deep pockets and greed!!!
If by some chance Nash could recover from the state...think of the legal consequences. This would be a case precedent and not just pertaining to chimps.
Pit Bulls have done the same kind of damage and have killed numerous people. CT has not banned pit bulls. If a person was seriously injured like Nash was or killed by a pit bull...then why shouldn't that person sue the state for not banning pit bulls.
The case in Florida where the pet python killed the toddler....why shouldn't the mother of the child sue the state for not banning pythons? It is legal to own pythons in CT.
For the same reasons that a person attacked by a pit bull or a python can't or shouldn't sue the state, Nash should not be able to recover from the state.
Yes the relationship with Travis is a big deal. It defies logic to have a 15 year relationship with a chimp and then blame everyone else when Nash is injured.
Cars are allowed by law too but people don't routinely sue the state following a car accident.

I don't know if Nash should be able to sue the state. If she cleans Herold thoroughly enough (and provides her with a shopping cart for collecting cans and a grabby tool), that may be enough. I'd be satisfied at least.
Lisa

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

Judged:

sheesh ersatz vet wrote:
15 year relationship?
Herold owned him and spent almost the full extent of his life with him. Nash was a friend that visited with some degree of frequency. Herold knew him better than any living soul and should have known better about his moods.
She should have also made a career out of learning chimp behavior from infancy well into adulthood instead of finding out by trial and error. Which, BTW, seems to be a fairly accurate description for the way her experiences unfolded with him over his lifespan.
The issue isn't who spent the most time with Travis? Obviously the owner spends the most time with the animal.

That does not diminish all the time over 15 years that Nash spent with Travis which was a real considerable amount of time. Nash knew Travis almost as well as Herold did. And how well do you have to know a 200 lb chimp to realize that it has the potential to seriously harm you. And Nash did state that she had concerns that Travis could seriously harm someone. Most people would not spend any time with a 200 lb chimp. But Nash didn't see anything wrong with it. She enjoyed spending time with and having a relationship with a chimp. She is entitled to her own choices. But she is also responsible for the consequences of her own choices.
Lisa

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

Judged:

sheesh ersatz vet wrote:
In a perfect world, animal owners would be held liable for the behavior of their pets. Where I live, if my dog (a pit) attacks you then I am highly likely to have my feet held to the fire. Just because a place is a bit slow holding owners of other animals responsible for their pet's behavior doesn't mean they shouldn't be.
We previously discussed the special statutory law regarding dogs. No state has a statutory law about other animals.

Putting aside the statutory law about dogs...what if you had a close friend who visited you on a regular basis every week and who took care of you dog when you went away. And what if your friend worked for you and you brought your dog to work and then years later....your friend comes over your house and your dog attacks your friend.

Yes I know the statutory law would make you liable. But would you honestly feel that you as a person and as the owner of the dog did something wrong which led to this attack?

What if you owned a python which is legal in CT and your friend loved playing around with the python letting the python crawl over her and what if the python killed the friend? Should the owner of the python be liable when the friend engaged in this risky behavior for years?
Lisa

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Cars are allowed by law too but people don't routinely sue the state following a car accident.
I don't know if Nash should be able to sue the state. If she cleans Herold thoroughly enough (and provides her with a shopping cart for collecting cans and a grabby tool), that may be enough. I'd be satisfied at least.
A person can only sue the state in very limited situations and only when the state had a statutory duty to do something and the state failed to do it. CT doesn't have a statutory duty to stop people from owning or having a relationship with a chimp. People get injured and killed from lots of different things and many of them are stupid activities they engaged in. The state doesn't have a duty to protect a person from engaging in risky behavior. I look forward to seeing how Nash's lawyers are going to twist and turn things to try to hold the state liable.
soma

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

Judged:

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can only sue the state in very limited situations and only when the state had a statutory duty to do something and the state failed to do it. CT doesn't have a statutory duty to stop people from owning or having a relationship with a chimp. People get injured and killed from lots of different things and many of them are stupid activities they engaged in. The state doesn't have a duty to protect a person from engaging in risky behavior. I look forward to seeing how Nash's lawyers are going to twist and turn things to try to hold the state liable.
Has nothing to do with Nash's 'risky behavior' what it does have to do with is the state not enforcing the law and were reminded about this in October prior to the attack and also was warned the situation with Travis 'an accident waiting to happen'.

What is more interesting is how you keep twisting and turning this to put the blame yet again on Nash rather than your pal SH. Interesting indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,761 - 5,780 of23,897
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Greenwich News Video

•••
•••

Greenwich Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greenwich People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE