Rockwall-Based Prison Ministry Expand...

Rockwall-Based Prison Ministry Expands to Hunt County

There are 11 comments on the Neighbors Go story from Nov 11, 2008, titled Rockwall-Based Prison Ministry Expands to Hunt County. In it, Neighbors Go reports that:

On October 30, Woman Set Free, a Rockwall-based women's prison ministry, made an historic first ministry visit to Hunt County Jail in Greenville, Texas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Neighbors Go.

ASIG

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1 Nov 12, 2008
Here we go again, another evangelical extremist group recruiting for the republiCON party.
Truth or Not

Bonham, TX

#2 Nov 12, 2008

Do they teach truth or are they peddling some kind of watered down gospel (Gal.1:6-9)? That is what I want to know.

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.....

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.(1John 4:1-6)

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.(Acts 17:11)

http://missionprinting.us/pub.html
smitty werbermanjenson

Englewood, CO

#3 Nov 12, 2008
YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS , these are women wanting to touch lives for the Lord Jesus , why dont you get off of you holier than though spiritial horse and go encourage someone for the good of the ministry insted of throwing scriptures out that you dont even know if they disagree with them or not!!! PAa lease !!!
Bigfoot

Baton Rouge, LA

#4 Nov 12, 2008
smitty werbermanjenson wrote:
YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS , these are women wanting to touch lives for the Lord Jesus , why dont you get off of you holier than though spiritial horse and go encourage someone for the good of the ministry insted of throwing scriptures out that you dont even know if they disagree with them or not!!! PAa lease !!!
I thoght they were just ugly women that wanted to get laid.
instig8or

Greenville, TX

#5 Nov 14, 2008
As a reformed ex-con, I applaud the introduction of a group of people in the Hunt Co. system. Frankly, if it wasn't for the people who come into the jails and prisons to tell me about the Love of Christ, I would have died in prison.

I was a very bad boy, and it was the saving Grace of God that got me out. 17 years later, I am free of the physical bonds (the memories and pains to the victims of what I did will always be there) but my spirit is free and I have been forgiven by my Saviour and the victims. Thank God for people who take thier own time and spend it with those who still can be saved from a life in prison, both physical and spiritual.
givemeabreak

United States

#6 Nov 20, 2008
instig8or wrote:
As a reformed ex-con, I applaud the introduction of a group of people in the Hunt Co. system. Frankly, if it wasn't for the people who come into the jails and prisons to tell me about the Love of Christ, I would have died in prison.
I was a very bad boy, and it was the saving Grace of God that got me out. 17 years later, I am free of the physical bonds (the memories and pains to the victims of what I did will always be there) but my spirit is free and I have been forgiven by my Saviour and the victims. Thank God for people who take thier own time and spend it with those who still can be saved from a life in prison, both physical and spiritual.
So glad to hear you say that - that is exactly why they go into the prisons, and yes, they are teaching Truth... not a watered-down anything. These ladies are servants, quite beautiful, and have a heart to let incarcerated women know that God can set them free, even if they remain behind bars for a while. It's freedom of the spirit, not from the bars.
These are People

Dallas, TX

#7 Feb 16, 2009
I can not believe the people that are here mocking some that are trying to do good. There are people in prison that need to hear the word of God. If walking in a prison to serve God is so far beneath you, then just don't mock those that are doing his work.
Republican America

Dallas, TX

#8 Feb 17, 2009
ASIG wrote:
Here we go again, another evangelical extremist group recruiting for the republiCON party.
There is nothing Republican about this. If a group wants to donate time in a meaningful effort, then there is not cost to you. And even if the prisoners are not Christian and don't want to be Christian....most crave the outside world and someone new to talk to. I doubt they mind the visits.
Bubba

Mckinney, TX

#9 Feb 18, 2009
If the word "Christian" shows up....run!
These are people

Dallas, TX

#10 Feb 18, 2009
I feel sorry for you people that will make fun of Christianity. There will be a day when you will wish you hadn't.

I don't believe in cults, but I have read this article and they seem to be a legitimate Christian group, at least from what the article says.

Thank God for people like this that will go into a prison to reach those that really need God. Yes, God walks with the prisoners and all that believe no matter where they may be.

There are people just as close to God in prison as they are in the churches that you sit in on Sundays.
Bubba wrote:
If the word "Christian" shows up....run!
sdsikes

Caddo Mills, TX

#11 May 28, 2012
I cannot believe that people are actually bashing this ministry. Before anyone bashes someone helping in any way, they should ask what they are doing themselves to help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rodger Dale DeMent Sr. Suck Jul 16 Rita 1
new rates Jul 13 Fed Up 1
Poll How do you rate GEUS? (Jan '11) Jul 11 Inita Beer 14
Fireworks Jul 1 Lauramc 1
8-2016 Murphy USA shooting Jun 30 Crazy guy 4
Gospel Broadcasting Network (Feb '16) Jun 29 Sosthenes 29
Commerce City Manager Jun 29 coppet 1

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance