Three Killed in Hunt County Crash

Nov 2, 2012 Full story: KXAS-TV

Troopers with the Texas Department of Public Safety were called to the scene of a head-on collision at about 7:40 p.m. Investigators later learned that 44-year-old Brett Vick, of Greenville, was driving south on U.S. Highway 69 when he crossed into the northbound lanes and struck a vehicle head-on.

Full Story
Concerned Citizen

Greenville, TX

#1 Nov 2, 2012
When a highway goes from 70 MPH to 20 & 30 MPH(downtown Celeste) in the scope of a mile or two there is a natural propensity to speed up in the area where this occured. Sad, but I partially blame the city of Celeste for having these limits. The other part naturally goes to the driver. The only way this could have been avoided is for a road to have been built bypassing Celeste.My 2 cents worth
dmac

Celeste, TX

#2 Nov 4, 2012
In response to Judge it!,
This wreck had nothing to do with the town of Celeste and everything to do with speed and poor hwy trafic managment by the county and state.
How many people have to die on this 12 mile strtch of hiwghway bfore some common sense comes nto play by county and state decision makers. There shoud be a center turn lane at a minimum starting one mile before and ending one mile fter Kingston. Thats at a minimum. To have a 70 mph speed limit this stretch of highway should really be a divided highway. It wuld make it safer for drivers and also make the area more attractive to businesses that may want to move into the area.
Bypassing Celeste would destroy what little commerce Celeste has now. No one wants to see that.
Another thing that might be nice is to see Hunt County do what the state failed to do, make using a cell phone in a moving vehicle illegal with a stiff fine and jail time for repeat offenders.
DTM

Dallas, TX

#3 Nov 13, 2012
I believe the statements i have read are all good and right on but the one thing that has not been mentioned is driver error the driver going south went into the north bound lane and the real question is why it was on a straight away no curves there at all where the accident took place and after reading other post i read there were no skid marks from either vechile and said estimated speed was 70 miles an hour for both vechiles and by seeing photos from the internet it looks like it was the south bound driver was totally emerged in the. North bound side lane and literally a solid head on i could be wrong but once again no skid marks at all so why was the driver in the north bound lane and did he have his head lights on just a question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 28 min Liberal forever 22,602
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr SusieQD 18,445
Murders in Greenville Thu Tip 4
GEUS misinformation (Dec '11) Wed Billy 18
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Gasman 566
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Sep 10 Gasman 728
•••

Greenville News Video

•••
•••

Greenville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greenville News, Events & Info