Hit-and-run suspect arrested

Full story: Myrtle Beach Online

A Massachusetts man was arrested Monday on charges in connection with a motorcycle crash that occurred Harley Davidson spring rally, according to a Surfside Beach police report.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of62
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lord Hades

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

I hope the judge makes him pay every cent of their medical bills, the ambulance bills, helicopter bills, and prison time.
Helmet

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

Why does the media always state that a motorcycle rider involved in an accident was not wearing a helmet? The media doesn't even mention the helmet when the person is injured or killed when they ARE wearing a helmet. More deaths and life threatening injuries from motorcycle crashes are from internal injuries than head trauma. The media always has to put a biased slant on everything and the sheeple believe it like it is gospel. Freedom of choice, this is the America that I personally have gone into combat on foreign soil twice in my life to defend. I hate the non-participants of my chosen sport, motorcycling, trying to tell me what to do. Do I tell people how to live their life? Hell no, it is really none of my business unless they are hurting someone. If I choose to wear a helmet or not is my own personal decision, and yes, I know the potential consequences. If I should perish from my decision to wear a helmet or not, at least I can die knowing that I was given the FREEDOM to choose with my God given freewill and I will die happily doing what I enjoy and live for in this ever increasingly freedomless world. Don't worry about my personal life and I won't worry about yours.
inletrebel

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

Thanks for the fine police work! Great to know someone is on the job and really putting forth an effort. Hope the guy gets exactly what he deserves!
KCF

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

I'd love to know how they tracked him down.
GeezerGlide

Conway, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

The idiot from Mass. must have been wearing a helmet because the media didn't mention he wasn't wearing one. It sure didn't make him any smarter.

They always mention that someone wasn't wearing a helmet or seatbelt but never say anything when they are being worn. They always have to put their spin on the report.
Am I being too critical

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

Several grammatical errors left me wondering if the writer has graduated high school yet. A few too many "police said" references along with 15 commas, some misused, made this a very unpleasant read. Not what I would expect from someone who does this for a living.
fed up resident

Conway, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

Not In Myrtle Beach wrote:
This topic is pretty quiet! It would be great to know if the guy arrested was there for the Harley Bike week or just visiting the area! That would be a crying shame if he was a fellow Harley rider! Not sure if he was driving a car or bike does anyone know?
Not sure if he was part of the rally, but he was on a motorcycle. The police had a video of him prior to his fleeing the scene.
cgpawleys

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

Helmet wrote:
Why does the media always state that a motorcycle rider involved in an accident was not wearing a helmet? The media doesn't even mention the helmet when the person is injured or killed when they ARE wearing a helmet. More deaths and life threatening injuries from motorcycle crashes are from internal injuries than head trauma. The media always has to put a biased slant on everything and the sheeple believe it like it is gospel. Freedom of choice, this is the America that I personally have gone into combat on foreign soil twice in my life to defend. I hate the non-participants of my chosen sport, motorcycling, trying to tell me what to do. Do I tell people how to live their life? Hell no, it is really none of my business unless they are hurting someone. If I choose to wear a helmet or not is my own personal decision, and yes, I know the potential consequences. If I should perish from my decision to wear a helmet or not, at least I can die knowing that I was given the FREEDOM to choose with my God given freewill and I will die happily doing what I enjoy and live for in this ever increasingly freedomless world. Don't worry about my personal life and I won't worry about yours.
I believe, but am not positive, that you cause the rest of our insurance costs to rise when your injuries are more costly to "repair" due to your NOT wearing a seatbelt.......in that case, it isn't just your personal decision but affects the rest of us, too.
cgpawleys

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

Helmet wrote:
Oops.....meant helmet, not seatbelt......
socbraves

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

Helmet wrote:
As a former paramedic and firefighter I have to disagree with your statement. The greates number of people killed when I was working was killed because they had no helmet. This does not mean that a helmet will keep a person from dying in a crash but the chances are greatly enhanced with a helment. By the way I had a motorcycle wreck 2 yrs ago because my rear tire blew out. The DR. at the ER made it clear that had it not been for my helmet I would probley have not survied or have been a veg. the rest of my life.
spungmike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

I am glad they caught that coward
Terry Bennington

Fredericktown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2008

cgpawleys wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe, but am not positive, that you cause the rest of our insurance costs to rise when your injuries are more costly to "repair" due to your NOT wearing a seatbelt.......in that case, it isn't just your personal decision but affects the rest of us, too.
A Harborview Medical Center study reported 63.4% of the injured motorcyclists in the trauma center relied on public funds to pay their hospital bills. According to testimony by David Gitch, director of the trauma center, 67% of the general patient population also relied on public dollars to pay their hospital bills in the same time period.

A study by the University of North Carolina's Highway Safety Research Center reported that 49.5% of injured motorcyclists had their medical costs covered by insurance, while 50.4% of the other road trauma victims were similarly insured.

More importantly, of the expected 88,000 motorcycle accidents this year: 44,000 will be the fault of "the other driver" who didn't SEE the motorcycle. The NHTSA expects 4,810 deaths this year and 3,000 of those will be the fault of "the other" driver!

Helmets do not, can not, and never will prevent accidents. NO ONE tells motorcyclists that Federal law CFR 49, Part 571, Section 108, S7.9.4 allows motorcycles the use of modulating headlights to raise visibility during the day. When was the last time you SAW a motorcycle with modulating headlights?

Millions of dollars are being wasted on "share the road" educational campaigns. Education doesn't work: if it did, people wouldn't be opening email attachments and computer viruses would be history, for example. Imagine if all that money was spent on $80 modulators and installed free at rallies and on weekends in parking lots by ABATE, the Motorcycle Safety Council and the AMA. How many of those 44,000 accidents and 3,000 loss of lives could be PREVENTED?
Rider

Conway, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2008

Helmet wrote:
I ride every day and I seldom wear a helmet, but they do save lives. I have 3 good friends that have died over the last few years that would still be here had they been wearing helmets. If S.C. made it mandatory to wear a helmet, I would have no problem with it.
Inletboy

Conway, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2008

Well looks like he will get away with murder also.....want to bet on his blood alcohol level at the time of the accident? The Juducial system needs to increase the severity of these type situations b/c they screw up, go home, sober up and then hide until they are caught and THEN face lessor penalties for KILLING someone!! Where is the lesson in that??
sickandtried boston mass

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2008

Does anyone know if they still have this young man under lock and key. or did he get sent back to mass.
Denzone

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Great job MBPD...
ladyredskins

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

There is absolutely no excuse for taking off, running off after you have hit someone with your vehicle or had an accident.
Lord Hades

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Mark wrote:
Everyone makes mistakes, i think some of you a$#holes are being a little harsh. "lock him up and drop the key in the ocean" - thats a little dramatic dont you think? You should all get a life and worry about your own problems.
You are a jacka$$. This moron caused a nearly fatal accident, got back on his bike then ran at over 100mph on a busy road to get away from pursuing police. If it were up to me he would be shot roadside and picked up by a garbage truck the next morning.
larry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Denzone wrote:
Great job MBPD...
I second that! Furthermore, let's see more
prision time for people like this.
Lord Hades

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

One last item to throw at you Mark. We do have lives that were rudely disturbed by this loser causing chaos on OUR highways. That makes it OUR problem, not yours. I hope everyday that this happens to him later on in life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of62
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Greenville Forum right now

Search the Greenville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) 23 hr Lawrence Wolf 1,126
Worst Neigborhoods in Greenville (Feb '08) Jul 19 Gee 105
Review: BK Residential Construction (Jun '13) Jul 19 Lee 5
Dana l Maybin (Jan '13) Jul 18 dana 2
Greenville hospital announces major expansion, ... Jul 16 ken 1
Hope Carpenter (Oct '13) Jul 3 moses 21
Review: Coops Health & Fitness Club (Dec '08) Jul 3 Scott 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greenville Jobs

•••