First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fool

Waynesville, NC

#21 Dec 10, 2010
Mr. Lovin came to our town as a store owner, Gained the trust of everyone and seamed to be a decent guy... He joined a vol. emergency services dept and still has not returned items to this day after being "let go" of his duty shall I say. He told everyone he was a retired USMC Colonel, after further investigation he did not even make it though basic training. He came back posing in several counties as a NYC Firefighter/Captain loosing his crew at the WTC and passing out flags he burnt to make it seam it was the flag at the WTC at the time the towers collapsed. After moving to TX he taught fire/rescue classes imposing a NC Fire Instructor using the gear he received while as a vol. fireman in town. Even had calls from Police depts trying to fine info on him. During hurricane Katrina a local news paper published a article about him standing in front of his vehicle which received bullet holes during his rescue efforts in LA. He then came back to town and worked for a bail bonds before moving back to TX where seen he was a minister of a church... So when I said get in line... you now know why...
Ingram

Columbus, TX

#22 Feb 12, 2011
"Fool" thanks. I hadn't known you had printed this information. I would like to learn more if possible.
bmw1967

Suffolk, VA

#23 Jun 9, 2012
I have had the misfortune of knowing Phillip Lovin for many years while he was living in Hendersonville, NC. He is a pathetic, pathological liar. Those are his good points.

I first met him around 1986. I was in college and working part time as a security officer at a hospital. He was at the hospital, teaching a martial arts class to a group of patients with eating disorders. I had an interest in martial arts at the time, and we began to talk after his class. He told me that he was a "Ninjutsu Instructor" and asked if I would be interested in taking lessons. Foolishly, I took him at his word, but later figured out he was full of bull.

He claimed that he had served in the Army Special Forces and was Ranger qualified. He also claimed that he had conducted professional "hits", meaning that he was a murderer for hire. He told me that he did his first hits in Texas, supposedly in the Del Rio area or San Antonio area. He talked about having access to military style weapons such as the FN-FAL rifle, etc. He tried to sell me a Llama .45 pistol, but I was afraid it was stolen.

I remember when he went into the Marine Corps. I drove him to the bus station when he left to go to basic training. Within a few weeks, he sent me a letter, claiming that he had been injured from falling down a flight of stairs at Parris Island. He claimed that he received temporary paralysis in his right arm and was being discharged. I thought it was quite strange that he seemed fine when he got back. He would always show up at my job uninvited, which began to cause me trouble.

Not long after he told me about doing "hits" in Texas, I went to the local FBI office, in Asheville, NC and reported what he said to me. I guess the FBI didn't take me serious because nothing was ever done about him.

Years later, I was being deployed with the Army National Guard to Afghanistan, not long after 9-11. Lovin showed up at our Detachment Armory and presented a flag to our Det. 1 Unit. I was not there, but one of my Lieutenants told me all about it. Lovin claimed that he had been at the Twin Towers right after 9-11 and brought a flag to us. He claimed that he was a retired Marine Colonel. I informed the Lieutenant of everything I knew about Lovin, and that he was a con artist.

Putting it mildly, Phillip Lovin is a nut case. In my opinion, he is a figment of his own imagination. I would caution anyone not to have contact with him unless you have a desire to be snowed and end up in trouble.
someone stupid

San Antonio, TX

#24 Jun 25, 2012
i was someone stupid enough to look up to the guy. big mistake for me. its something that i will regret for the rest of my life. if anyone wants more info he lives in new braunfels with his parents. i could tell you story after story of the lies he told me but it appears he has told everyone stories. anyone who might be thinking he is a decent guy, dont be stupid like me. stay as far away from him as you can. nothing good will come from it.
Bluegrass

Greenville, KY

#25 Jul 29, 2012
I worked with Phil Lovin in Lexington, KY several years ago. He was the same pathological liar then. Said he was a Green Beret, regional head of security for Circuit City, sheriff's deputy, etc. Phil's military service is already well documented here and elsewhere. He worked at a Circuit City as a security guard. And he was only in the sheriff's posse, a civilian group that helps the sheriff's dept. with crowd control and search & rescue. But, pretending to be a minister and a fireman at Ground Zero is a new low. I can't believe he only got probation for felony arson. I wonder what lie he told to get out of jail time?
Ingram

Kerrville, TX

#26 Nov 7, 2012
If anyone is interested in providing information in hrd copy on the person in question I will provide a mailing address. I am interested in writing a book on 9/11 phonies and impostors. So, I hope you are interested. If so, say so here and I will post a mailing address.
Nachobellgrande

Manassas, VA

#27 Nov 8, 2012
Wow! People all across know this guy! I wonder if he gave good Mc-Lovin to them all?
Ingram

Kerrville, TX

#28 Nov 8, 2012
So, Nachobellgrande, do you also know him? I could use your input if you do.
nachobellgrande

Manassas, VA

#29 Nov 9, 2012
Nope, and its sounds like a good thing that I don't. I couldn't help making a dig about the name.
Ingram

Kerrville, TX

#30 Nov 10, 2012
Oh, I get it.
CSS

Mount Pleasant, SC

#31 Mar 27, 2013
I took his ninja class in Hendersonville when I was like 14. He was seeing some chic Naomi it was bullshit, I was a kid who watched to many movies, and he was just cashing in on kids "ninja craze" back in the mid 80s. Even as a kid I thought it was strange this dude walked everywhere and was out late walking the streets. It took me about a month to see he was blowing smoke, but hey he made some money off what was popular at the time can't blame him for that. I never knew of him being a criminal but it doesn't surprise me.
bmw1967

Asheville, NC

#32 Jun 4, 2013
To Ingram...I would be happy to provide you with information for your book. This guy gives new meaning to the term USDA Government Inspected Nut Case.
Ingram

Kerrville, TX

#33 Jun 12, 2013
BMW1967,

how can I get in touch with you, other than here
DRG

Houston, TX

#34 Aug 4, 2013
To Ingram....
Can you contact me at your convenience, I believe he e my be at it again ...hunterscoldfire@yahoo.com
bmw1967

United States

#35 Aug 5, 2013
Ingram wrote:
BMW1967,
how can I get in touch with you, other than here
You can email me at bmwalsh1967@gmail.com.
Ingram

Kerrville, TX

#36 Apr 29, 2014
He is now the pastor of the First Baptist Church in Holiday, TX. those poor people!
bmw1967

Asheville, NC

#37 Apr 30, 2014
You have got to be kidding!!! Bless their hearts. Does their Pulpit Committee not conduct any type of investigation on their choices for Pastor?
Help

Rockport, TX

#38 May 5, 2014
We are Holiday Beach, TX. Would someone please send us information that we can verify. We need all of your help. Thanks
Ingram

Kerrville, TX

#39 May 18, 2014
Do you mean more information than what is already here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Techrebuy (Jul '13) Oct 18 Smartechie 6
my experiance on woodruff rd> this afternoon!! Oct 17 Stuck in traffic 1
Sports- Parisi Speed School at Fast Athletics Oct 17 Sports4 1
Supreme Court inaction leaves gay couples in limbo Oct 15 eJohn 55
Pet Grooming Schools & Associations Need To Be... (Dec '09) Oct 14 Jpjjtjkabj 62
Review: Petra Communications Oct 6 Meek 1
stolen red and black moped from garage 8.11.14 Oct 3 Pat King 2
Greenville Dating
Find my Match

Greenville Jobs

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greenville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greenville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]