Mom Accidentally Hits Child During School Drop-Off

Full story: WLTX Columbia

By Paul Alongi STAFF WRITER No charges will be filed against a mother who accidentally struck her son with a pickup Wednesday while dropping him off at Iva Elementary School, said Lance Cpl.
Comments
1 - 20 of 70 Comments Last updated Aug 30, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
duh

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Judged:

Just another clueless yahoo in an SUV... neither of which of her use in this show off care are "sport" nor "utility" I hate SUV's, and the mentality that a majority of their drivers have.
Mudsharkslayer

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Judged:

She was looking for that budweiser that was on the floor boards of her pick up.
Trudge

Swansea, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

duh wrote:
Just another clueless yahoo in an SUV... neither of which of her use in this show off care are "sport" nor "utility" I hate SUV's, and the mentality that a majority of their drivers have.
Figure out the english language, and then re-submit your post. Duh.
Tippy

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Judged:

How crass and heartless to make such comments. I certainly hope that you never find yourself in this mother's situation. If you search your "perfect" actions truthfully, I think you will remember times when you were able to "dodge the bullet" from something you did that could have caused your life to take a tragic turn
Beauty in many Shades

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

duh wrote:
You couldn't have picked a better name... DUHHHHH.. what the h e l l are you talking about

“Missing my boys :(”

Since: Jan 08

Cayce, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Judged:

duh wrote:
Did you even read the article? It was a PICK-UP TRUCK, not an SUV- If you want to go off on SUV drivers, you will need to start a new thread, this one has NOTHING to do with SUV's. Just with pick up trucks, excited running children, and mothers who dont pay enough attention, just like you did not pay attention to said article.
Bye Bye

“My Family is my LIFE”

Since: Feb 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

SET THE CHILD PROOF LOCK ON THE LEFT SIDE AND THE CHILD CAN ONLY GET OUT ON THE RIGHT SIDE.IF IT HAS THEM.
CITIZEN

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Hockey Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read the article? It was a PICK-UP TRUCK, not an SUV- If you want to go off on SUV drivers, you will need to start a new thread, this one has NOTHING to do with SUV's. Just with pick up trucks, excited running children, and mothers who dont pay enough attention, just like you did not pay attention to said article.
Bye Bye
..........Read the article again and again and again , last time i checked a Dodge Durango IS an SUV.
have mercy

Lugoff, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Hockey Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye Bye
It did say pick up but later it said it was a Durango, which is an SUV but I agree that this has nothing to do with SUV's. This was a tragic accident and could have happened in a mini van or a car even. I guess "DUH" should trash bus drivers too because you can't see people right in front of a bus either. People like "Duh" are a waste of air.
Mudsharkslayer

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Kim Camden SC wrote:
SET THE CHILD PROOF LOCK ON THE LEFT SIDE AND THE CHILD CAN ONLY GET OUT ON THE RIGHT SIDE.IF IT HAS THEM.
Better yet let him ride the bus the tax payers fund.
concerned mom

Elgin, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Obviously the school's drop off system has a problem if the child had to cross in front of the vehicle to get to the school. It is unfortunate that this had to happen for them to rethink their system.
have mercy

Lugoff, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

My daughter's school has 3 teachers out there opening the door to let them out and then guiding them in the direction they should go so that this never happens. I feel so bad for this mother. She didn't do anything wrong but you know she is feeling so guilty. I just pray that child is ok and that her family is very supportive of her as well as the child because she is going to need it to get past this. There but for the grace of God go we!
tim

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

if she payed attention she wouldnt have squished her kid

“Preggo again! ”

Back in Columbia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Wow, I just dont know what to say to this story. I feel bad for the Mom and glad the child is ok but at the same time I have to wonder, she knew the child was getting out on the left side, you cant just assume he is going behind the vehicle and not even check and just start driving off. I wonder if she was on her cell phone....

“Preggo again! ”

Back in Columbia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

concerned mom wrote:
Obviously the school's drop off system has a problem if the child had to cross in front of the vehicle to get to the school. It is unfortunate that this had to happen for them to rethink their system.
Good point, I used to babtsitt for a family and a lot of times, the parents would go out of town so I would take them to school. They had a drop off system and they were very strict about having the kids get out on the right so that they would be crossing in front of any vehicles and there were always teachers opening the doors for them to make sure they get out ok. CLearly there is something wrong with this drop off system or something like this would not have happened.
Nope I do not agree

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Hockey Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye Bye
A Dodge Durango is a SUV! A SUV is basically a truck with seat idiot!
Sumter Mom

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

duh wrote:
What? The mentalitiy that a majority of their drivers have????
That is the silliest thing I have ever heard. Now, we have people discriminating against our cars!
sue

Sumter, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Sad situation. Wishing the child a speedy recovery and as for the mom, please be more careful. Obviously, the mom was pre occupied.
EJF Member

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Hockey Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye Bye
Do you believe everything you read? A Dodge Durango is not a pick up truck.

http://www.carsdirect.com/2001/dodge/durango
Sumter Mom

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

I will pray for this child's recovery and for the mother. I cannot imagine what she must be feeling right now. It was an accident- they happen to us all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Greenville Forum right now

Search the Greenville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Worst Neigborhoods in Greenville (Feb '08) Jul 25 crr 106
Greenville Co - ElDeco Electric Is Bad? (Dec '10) Jul 24 Jack 50
balance (Oct '13) Jul 23 guest 9
Greenville SC upcoming event Jul 23 Sheree Studio 1
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Jul 22 Lawrence Wolf 1,126
Review: BK Residential Construction (Jun '13) Jul 19 Lee 5
Dana l Maybin (Jan '13) Jul 18 dana 2
•••
•••
•••
Greenville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greenville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000