11-year-old rescued from Lake Hartwel...

11-year-old rescued from Lake Hartwell dies

There are 26 comments on the The Greenville News story from May 30, 2007, titled 11-year-old rescued from Lake Hartwell dies. In it, The Greenville News reports that:

“It appears to be an accidental death”

E. Richard Walton STAFF WRITER [email protected] Eleven-year-old Crissa Powell died this evening at Greenville Memorial Hospital where she was being treated following a near drowning Monday in Lake ... via The Greenville News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Greenville News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
briasha

Huntersville, NC

#1 May 31, 2007
Crissa was a very thoughtful friend with a great small that filled eveyones hearts a school.
Austin Bell

United States

#2 Jul 2, 2007
she was a very fun and caring cousin
and anyone that reads this should think
about how much everyone in her family
misses her and regrets letting her
go to the lake. always,always please
have an adult anytime your around water
CRYSTAL MOSES POWELL

AOL

#3 Jul 26, 2007
MY NAME IS CRYSTAL CRISSA WAS AND STILL IS MY DAUGHTER I LOVE AND MISS HER ALL THE TIME SHE IS AND WAS MY BEST FRIEND IWAS NOT AT THE LAKE WHEN THAT DAY CAME CRISSA COULD SWIM IDO NOT UNDERSTAND NO ADULT WAS WATCHING MY CHILD THEY WAS UP AT THE LAKE HOUSE CRISSA WOULD NOT JUST JUMP IN UNKNOWN WATER SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS IT WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPIENED IF AN ADULT WAS WATCHING HER PERIOD I DO NOT KNOW WHAT REALY HAPPIEND I KNOW CRISSA WOULD NOT HAVE JUMPED IN WATER SHE DOES NOT KNOW TO THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED ALL THEY COULD THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTTOM OF MY HEART FROM THE CLEMSON STUDENT THE PEOPLE WHO FOUND CRISSA UNDER WATER TO HELICOPTER AND EMS ALSO GREENVILLE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL THANKS SO MUCH TO THE KIDS WHO DO READ THIS PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SURE A RESPONSABLE ADULT IS WITH YOU AROUND ANY WATER I LOVE MY CRISSA IF ANY ONE KNEW HER THEY WOULD HAVE LOVED HER FULL OF HAPPINESS LIFE JOY PEACE MAKER ONE OF AKIND MY CRISSA IS SO PLEASE BE CAREFULL AROUND WATER HAVE AN RESPONSABLE ADULT WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES NEAR WATER SO NOTHING LIKE THIS WILL HAPPIEN GOD BLESS ALL FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT CRYSTAL MOSES POWELL AND NYE POWELL AND SAVANNAH POWELL CRISSAS FAMILY
CRYSTAL MOSES POWELL

AOL

#4 Jul 26, 2007
MY NAME IS CRYSTAL POWELL CRISSAS MOM KIDS PLEASE BE CAREFUL AROUND WATER HAVE A RESPONSABLE ADULT WITH YOU EVERY TIME YOU SWIM ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPIEN LIKE THAT DAY WE MISS OUR CRISSA SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH EVERY DAY SHE IS ON MY MIND HER FAMILY MISSES HER HER LITTLE SISTER MISSES HER ALOT I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERY ONE WHO HELPED CRISSA THE PERSON WHO FOUND HER THE CLEMSON STUDENT EMS THE EMS ON THE HELICOPTER AND GREENVILLE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL IN THE PICU THANKS ALOT FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART CRYSTAL POWELL NYE POWELL AND LITTLE SISTER SAVANNAH POWELL GOD BLESS
Gena

AOL

#5 Sep 6, 2007
I'm crissa's aunt. It has took me awhile before I could actually get on here and write about her. We miss her very much and still will always be loved. If you are ever around water please be with an adult or adults be with someone who cares about you enough to safe you. I hope nothing like this ever happens to you.Bad thing's happen to good people.
jennifer goodwin

Camp Lejeune, NC

#6 Oct 3, 2007
hey this jennifer.
crissa was like my best friend/sister.
i have soo many memories with her.
i remember when she used to live beside me and we would always play together.
i miss her soo much.
i wish this would have never happend.
she's a very nice person that haves alot of friends.
i love her so much.

R.I.P Crissa.
you will always be missed and loved.

your friend,
Jennifer♥
josette

Greenville, SC

#7 Nov 20, 2007
hi my name is josette well crissa was a close friend of mine we had so much fun together and me and all her friends miss her so so much. it is so hard to not have a friend like her

"we love you crissa powell
Jaimie Ciancarelli

Greenville, SC

#8 Nov 28, 2007
Crissa was a good friend to all. I remeber one time my little sister spent the night with her and she came to the babysitters house late at night with my sister who was crying because of the huge knot on her forehead. Crissa didn't want to tell her mom that it had happened because Jo had hit her head on Crissa's knee, so Crissa and Jo said that it happened because Jo tripped and fell and hit her head on the coffee table. I miss Crissa very much an di'm pretty sure that Jo, Sandy, Samantha and Wilma Lesley miss her too. Crissa's death was a tradgeic accident that should have never happened, but God thought it was time to let her go.
Jaimie Ciancarelli

Greenville, SC

#9 Nov 28, 2007
Poor Wilma Lesley ended up breaking her leg to try and save crissa. she didn't want this to happen to crissa. crissa is loved by many. crystal, remeber that you still have crissa event though you can't see her. she will always be in your heart no matter what. she was your baby. so many things have went downhill since crissas death but we have to keep our heads up and not let our past get to us.
We love you Crissa. You will always be in our hearts. God bless her family.
Crystal Powell

Tallulah, LA

#10 Jan 28, 2008
Hello Im Crissas mom. I miss my baby every day! Deep down it is hard to let her go. Yes I know She stays in my heart and will allways be there. Alot of things go on in this life that we, us ,everybody do not and iguess will not understand. Someday Iwill find out why she got gone at a youg age. I like to think at times God had a very special plan for her . Others just worry about very simple things in life this changed the way I look at certain things. goes to show all life she short.
a mom

Batavia, IL

#11 Apr 26, 2008
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Crissa.
She sounded like such a kind and fun loving girl. My heart aches for all that loved her. I lost my daughter 10 years ago. I think it did make me a more patient person. Soo many things just don't matter. Not a day passes when I don't think of her. Thank you for sharing her.
God bless.
greenville mom

Raleigh, NC

#12 Apr 27, 2008
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a child is the most difficult thing. God must have needed a very special new angel and she was chosen. He will look after her.
a 15 year old kid

Miami, FL

#14 May 24, 2008
I actually knew her because she went to church with me and I am really for the people who are her parents and I hope that doesn't happen again to none of their family. I just wished she could have lived through it. The two kids that dragged out of the water is the kids that I knew. Their names where Samantha Lesley and Sandi Lesley. They also go to my church where Crystal Powell went. So if you could pray for their family I would appreciate it.
Corrupt Magistrate

Augusta, GA

#15 May 26, 2008
Is it legal for Judge Tracy Carroll to be married to Lt Billy Flurry who works for the Aiken County Sheriff's Office? LT Flurry has a number of officers who present there case in her courtroom for warrants, arrests, hearings, trials, etc. It's hard to believe that she is able to conduct impartial and independent hearings given that she's sleeping with law enforcement. This just doesn't seem right from an ethical point of view???
jennifer

Wilmington, NC

#16 Jul 20, 2008
I miss crissa soooo much.
and everyday i feel soo bad about
not going to her funeral. i was
just so scared to go b/c she is
my bestfriend and i didnt wanna see
her dead, but i know she is in a
very good place ! may god bless the
family.
Friend

Boiling Springs, SC

#17 Jul 29, 2008
Crissa R.I.P.She never doughted anyone.She loved everyone like family.Everyone loved her like family.
Jennifer Goodwin

Greenville, SC

#18 Sep 23, 2008
R.I.P Crissa !! i miss you soooooo muchhhh !
I wish this had never happend.=/ But she is
safe with god and i know she is not suffring
anymore and she is happpy ((: we all will see
her one day ! until then hopefully she is
watchin down on us.
i love you Crissa.
R.I.P !!
Love alwaysss,
<jEnNiFeR bAbY>
austin bell

United States

#19 Jul 6, 2009
crissa is my cousin. she was a kindhearted girl and was a very good person.me and my mom used to live with her and her family when we had nowhere to live.we were like brother and sister til she died.she came to see me when i was in the hospital she and her sister would call me and talk to me and at the end of each call they would tell me that they love me and crissa would always tell me to call her back and i never called her back.i wish i would have taken advantge of the oppurtunitys i had to call her. i would give my life if i could tell her bye and to have her back.before i do anything i stop and think would crissa want me to do that or would crissa do that.i could have told crissa goodbye but no one called me and told me till it was to late.
austin bell

United States

#20 Jul 6, 2009
i will always love her and miss her rest in peace crissa may god be with your soul
Crystal P Crissas Mom

Hickory, NC

#21 Sep 25, 2009
I would liken to thank ALL OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS PAGE for all of your sweet comments and remarks!!Support from friends even strangers can help but It doesn't take away my pain nothing can...nothing.It's been along 2 years.It seems like yesterday all of this started.I MISS HER EVERY DAY.I still like to think that God needed her for something very special thats why he needed her more then I do.Austin Bell aunt Crystal LOVES YOU AND SAVANNAH SO MUCH!!!!!Don't worry about that phone call.Baby Crissa knew and still knows that you love her.Just remember that even though we can't see her she here with us all the time.You Didn't need to see her at the hospital.I want you to remember her the way she was befor that accident.Just remeber she loves you she is with you all the time!Crissa was a LOVEING,CAREING,THOUGHTFULL,gi rl she put others befor her self.I DON'T WANT HER TO BE FORGOTTEN.PLEASE ALL KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS AND PLEASE DON'T FORGET OUR ANGEL CRISSA NYCOLE POWELL!!THANK YOU ALL!GOD BLESS THOSE WHO ARE GOOD TO OTHERS AND WHO TAKES TIME TO THINK BEFOR THEY DO LIKE OUR ANGEL CRISSA!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Baby-sitter charged after child accidentally sh... Aug 12 Rod Knox 1
Greenville Co - ElDeco Electric Is Bad? (Dec '10) Aug 6 Yeargin 77
Looking for insight on Greenville Aug 4 mandy1308 1
GREENVILLE-ASHEVILLE CULT: DEEKSHA ONENESS "BLE... Aug 3 anonymous 3
fed up with scdss and child support Aug 2 Barry 2
Hope Carpenter (Oct '13) Jul 31 Love them 26
Jennifer Elizabeth Gilmore Jul 30 Lilpunkin 1

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance