Your Mail: Administration turning U.S. into Cuba

Jan 1, 2013 Full story: The Town Talk

The November issue of National Geographic contains an article about Cuba 50 years after the communists promised to make it a workers' paradise.

Full Story

“End Communism!”

Since: Jul 08

Wherever Freedom Dwells!

#1 Jan 1, 2013
A ver balanced and Superb Aricle!

Marvelously written!

The November issue of National Geographic contains an article about Cuba 50 years after the communists promised to make it a workers’ paradise. Before the revolution, Cuba’s banks were full, tourists flocked to its shores, its cane fields were prolific, and it grew much of its own food.

The article says that 80 percent of the population works for the government and many survive by stealing at work; the once-beautiful buildings of Havana are collapsing; sugar production is down 60 percent from neglected fields and rotting mills; most food is imported; and many doctors and teachers work extra jobs. Citizens say,“I love my country, but it does not work” and,“They pretend to pay us, while we pretend to work.” Cuban youth are fleeing in record numbers. Most Cubans see no hope except for those in the ruling military.
Wake up, America! With backing from our left-wing journalists, politicians and college professors, our administration is steering us down Cuba’s road, where the same fate awaits us.

--Bill Rawls
Greenville, S.C.

KUDOS, KUDOS to Bill Rawls!

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Jan 1, 2013
you are NOT balanced marico

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Jan 1, 2013
too bad they all end up here. Why don't you all go to Haiti or some other close by island?
Compassionate One

Sparta, NJ

#4 Jan 4, 2013
Cherokee wrote:
too bad they all end up here. Why don't you all go to Haiti or some other close by island?
"El chancho"(so called by his fellows due to his odor similar to boiled kidneys, due to his poor hygiene and lack of bathing or showering) che guevara was the communist pig that gave the firing squad to many innocent Cubans and took great delight in doing so. He was a racist and particularly enjoyed humiliating the Cuban negroes & mulatoes as well as the native Amerindian Mexicans whom he despised and made no effort to conceal while he was in Mexico.
Since he was a commander just like fidel, and was bolder than fidel, he enjoyed great power. fidel did not like the competition so he send him off on mission to Bolivia, where he was killed as fidel expected. This gave the revolution a martyr, while removing the competition, as well as producing an icon for the revolution.
It is said by those that found che, that he said: "Don't shoot, don't shoot I'm che & I'm worth more alive than dead, don't shoot" The soldiers that found him laughed & told him to say his last prayers, he cursed God, begged, cried, made offers to his captors, whined, wet his pants, soiled his pants, sobbed, BANG! Justice was done!
He who had killed so many, and took so much delight in doing it, died like the coward he was!
Good riddance, the stinking "chancho" is dead!
**********What few people know is that while he claimed the title Doctor while he lived in Cuba, he never graduated from Medical School. The reason his fellow revolutionaries called him "che" was originally to denigrate him, because they refused to call him doctor or commandante, since those close to him looked down on him. The nickname stuck, and since in the Cuban jargon the word is unknown, it readily identified him. The people of Argentina use this word very liberally just as the Americans use the word "dude" or "man" or "guy". The myth is that he was a guerrilla expert, facts are that he never, not once, carried out a successful guerrilla activity.]********
----------

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need new parents. Its either yes or no. I dont ... (May '12) Dec 17 karen00 9
Airsoft Team in Greenville, SC (Jan '10) Dec 17 xBIO_OPTICx 19
anyone know phillip lovin (Feb '10) Dec 8 Bluegrass 46
Hookers in Greenville Dec 8 Scoot Van Knowbetter 2
Review: BK Residential Construction (Jun '13) Dec 8 Valerie 6
where Dec 7 Scooter Van Nooter 2
Review: Ronnie's Trim Shop Dec 6 Jerry W 2
Greenville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web