Man Wins Millions in Workplace Racism...

Man Wins Millions in Workplace Racism Lawsuit

There are 182 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jan 3, 2008, titled Man Wins Millions in Workplace Racism Lawsuit. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Lockheed Martin will pay $2.5 million to a former electrician who says he was called the N-word, threatened with death and laid off after he reported racism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

“IT'S TIME”

Since: May 07

NYC

#171 Jan 19, 2008
Big Bad John 47 wrote:
<quoted text>Keep in mind clown, I reaaaally apreciate the Uncle Tom reference, you have made what is left of my Saturday. I am NOW working on you calling me the "n" word.
OK, you are a NUTcase.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#172 Jan 20, 2008
Big Bad John 47 wrote:
<quoted text>There is corruption on both sides of the aisles. But we do have a GOP sitting in the high chair. I agree about White Water but how many youngsters were sent across the pond to fight in a war that we should not have invited ourselves to? How many of them were killed because of lies fed to us. I could go on but you get the picture. Peace.
I agree with you on that. At least the country has not turned on the Soliers fighting . Those of us who serced in vietnam can tell you about the reception we got
Peace to you my freind
Lugoff

Newberry, SC

#173 Jan 20, 2008
patriot55 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on that. At least the country has not turned on the Soliers fighting . Those of us who serced in vietnam can tell you about the reception we got
Peace to you my freind
So you "serced" in 'Nam huh? Bet you are a strong supporter of John kerry aren't you?

Location hidden

#174 Jan 20, 2008
Lugoff wrote:
<quoted text>So you "serced" in 'Nam huh? Bet you are a strong supporter of John kerry aren't you?
Yea right . John is right you neeed to get a grip on reality
Big Bad John 47

Lexington, SC

#175 Jan 20, 2008
straight american rights wrote:
<quoted text>OK, you are a NUTcase.
That is not the word I was referring to. Try again nephew. Why don't you go to the neighborhood racist and he will be happy to tell you what "n" word I am trying to get you to call me. At least you are a few brain cells smarter than that racist clown, lug-off.
Big Bad John 47

Lexington, SC

#176 Jan 20, 2008
patriot55 wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace to you my freind
My heart goes out to all of those guys that fought in that unpopular war. I am especially disturbed about all too many of those same Vets that are still paying the price. Much Peace to you my friend. Thanks,(I am sure gratitude for you Vets is far and few in between), for what you and your fellow soldiers have done for the cause of freedom. Much Peace to you my friend.
The Other White Meat

Montezuma, IA

#177 Jan 21, 2008
<quoted text>Clown? You are the one with the white face paint Uncle Tom. Besides I just like irritating idiots that are so easily pissed off.
you with the childish name calling is the pissed off one. dang blue gum jabroni.

“IT'S TIME”

NYC

#178 Jan 21, 2008
The Other White Meat wrote:
<quoted text>you with the childish name calling is the pissed off one. dang blue gum jabroni.
You want to call someone a childish name caller and in the same post accuse me of being a dang blue gum jabroni. You sound as if YOU would be someone that farts in the bathtub and then plays with the bubbles and sniffs the farts. Anyway thanks for the "dang blue gum" part. I am not black like you insinuate by your comment but coming from a racist like you I consider it a compliment.
Skeeter

Simpsonville, SC

#179 Jan 21, 2008
No matter what he was doing , he deserves to be treated as a human being and treated with the same respect that we all want. God created us all in his image and we should be acting as if God is watching us, because he always is. I say he deserved more money than he got , because it seems he had to put up with a lot more than just being called the "N" word. By the way I am white and proud of it , just as he is black and should be proud of it !!!!!!!!!!

“IT'S TIME”

NYC

#180 Jan 21, 2008
Was this award compensatory or compensatory and punitive?
The Other White Meat

Montezuma, IA

#181 Jan 21, 2008
<quoted text>You want to call someone a childish name caller and in the same post accuse me of being a dang blue gum jabroni. You sound as if YOU would be someone that farts in the bathtub and then plays with the bubbles and sniffs the farts. Anyway thanks for the "dang blue gum" part. I am not black like you insinuate by your comment but coming from a racist like you I consider it a compliment.
farting in tubs? sounds like your nasty a$$ has had some experiences with that sort of thing. dang blue gum jabroni.
The Other White Meat

Montezuma, IA

#182 Jan 21, 2008
Was this award compensatory or compensatory and punitive?
now that was intelligent. you need to do it more often.
The Other White Meat

Montezuma, IA

#183 Jan 21, 2008
Skeeter wrote:
No matter what he was doing , he deserves to be treated as a human being and treated with the same respect that we all want. God created us all in his image and we should be acting as if God is watching us, because he always is. I say he deserved more money than he got , because it seems he had to put up with a lot more than just being called the "N" word. By the way I am white and proud of it , just as he is black and should be proud of it !!!!!!!!!!
excellent post!

Location hidden

#184 Jan 22, 2008
The Other White Meat wrote:
<quoted text>excellent post!
Excellent is right and a lot better than some of the BS racists post on here.
Clayton

Taylors, SC

#185 Feb 1, 2008
Uh, is it fair to say that if a "brother" called another "brother" an "N" word and he is offended, then can he sue for 2.5 million? Does it always have to be white people that can be sued or is that just a coincedence ??
Golfing Is My Craft

Morganton, NC

#186 Feb 7, 2008
I beleive that if he's the only person to come forward, then judgement to reward the brother with 2.5 million was the correct thing to do. Please don't forget that he still had courage to go forward in the mist of all of his troubles. Hopefully he's smart enough now to move from out of the south!
KENDRICK GASTON

Savannah, GA

#187 Oct 16, 2009
THEY SHOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM 100 MILLION, THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPENS EVERYDAY BUT SO MANY PEOPLE ARE AFRAID OF LOOSING THERE JOBS SO THEY SAY NOTHING.
PEOPLE NEED TO REALIZE WE ALL ARE THE SAME BLACK OR WHITE. BUT SOMETIMES I WONDER IF THE ONE'S USING RACIAL SLURS WERE IN A LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION AND NEEDED AN ORGAN DONAR WOULD IF MATTER THEN IF I WAS BLACK OR WHITE WOULD THEY FEEL LIKE A N---A WITH A N---A HEART OR KIDNEY,SINCE THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL US.
Mexicano

Gray Court, SC

#188 Oct 21, 2009
I wonder what race white people hate the most: Black or mexicans??? because I know there are people that hate mexicans/hispanic no matter their legal status
Cj_Martin

United States

#189 May 26, 2012
copperlady wrote:
<quoted text>As it should be! If whomever is STILL ignorant, backwoods,hateful, uneducated, and STUPID enough to continue to call black people this offensive word,(AND AT THE WORKPLACE AT THAT!) then black people DESERVE EVERY penny! Keep that crap amoung yourselves. You know, when you're sitting around the trailer, downing cases upon cases of Bud Lights!
I agree with you 100%...its bad enough blacks get prejudged almost everywhere they go because if there (our) skin color...cant even earn a decent living without that bull sh*t
HOOD RAT

Columbia, SC

#190 May 27, 2012
Betcha any money he may have collected he has blown my now, and he is pennlies and looking for someone else to sue.....(4034)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greenville sc or Chattanooga? Apr 23 Perplexed 3
Airsoft Team in Greenville, SC (Jan '10) Mar 28 Anonymous 22
why don't white males date black women (Jul '12) Mar '17 Mikayla 61
GREENVILLE-ASHEVILLE CULT: DEEKSHA ONENESS "BLE... (May '16) Mar '17 Cynthia Crosby 5
Walter Cleveland - anyone know him in Greenville? (Apr '16) Mar '17 Singlemom08 3
scarfo construction (May '10) Mar '17 JUST SURFING 17
Baldor Mar '17 Frankenberry 1

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages