Man Wins Millions in Workplace Racism...

Man Wins Millions in Workplace Racism Lawsuit

There are 182 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jan 3, 2008, titled Man Wins Millions in Workplace Racism Lawsuit. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Lockheed Martin will pay $2.5 million to a former electrician who says he was called the N-word, threatened with death and laid off after he reported racism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“Thundersticks & Firewater !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Pass the peace pipe !!!

#1 Jan 3, 2008
Too bad white's can't be sued for being called white trash, rednecks, honkeys, crackers, ect... Yall are getting the short end of the stick up the-ass!
k wright

Swansea, SC

#2 Jan 3, 2008
i work for scdc inmate slammed right hand in cell door breaking ring finger in two places. i did not get a i am sorry much less money
Justice

United States

#3 Jan 3, 2008
1134Navajo wrote:
Too bad white's can't be sued for being called white trash, rednecks, honkeys, crackers, ect... Yall are getting the short end of the stick up the-ass!
First I want to say Congrats to the brother... Second, you are wrong 1134, PPPL can sue for discrimination... however, they have been programmed into thinking they can't.

Just like they have been programmed to hate, thinking the majority of blacks are on welfare, white is right. The list is endless.

Again, congrats to the brother... they (lockheed martin) lucky I was not siting on the jury... they wouldhave been paying the 2.5 mill for punitive only... notto mention compensatory. BTW, Happy New Years to you 1134, you old filthy animal (lol).

“It is what it is!”

Since: Jan 08

Sc

#4 Jan 3, 2008
1134Navajo wrote:
I agree with you there. We have no leg to stand on with our racist slurs we get called. But mention the n word and you get $2.5 million dollar lawsuit!
IGOR

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#5 Jan 3, 2008
k wright wrote:
i work for scdc inmate slammed right hand in cell door breaking ring finger in two places. i did not get a i am sorry much less money
WTF
copperlady

Blythewood, SC

#6 Jan 3, 2008
k wright wrote:
Should've had a better lawyer!
IGOR

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#7 Jan 3, 2008
copperlady wrote:
<quoted text>Should've had a better lawyer!
Copperlady, you understood that jiberish? What the he11
did he say?
Pipe Dowm

Columbia, SC

#8 Jan 3, 2008
There is no way in helllllll that KKK newsletters were distributed in a Lockheed Martin break room. The man is lying.
Linda

Atlanta, GA

#9 Jan 3, 2008
All I can say to this is..........WOW!!!
copperlady

Blythewood, SC

#10 Jan 3, 2008
Sunshine29127 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you there. We have no leg to stand on with our racist slurs we get called. But mention the n word and you get $2.5 million dollar lawsuit!
As it should be! If whomever is STILL ignorant, backwoods,hateful, uneducated, and STUPID enough to continue to call black people this offensive word,(AND AT THE WORKPLACE AT THAT!) then black people DESERVE EVERY penny! Keep that crap amoung yourselves. You know, when you're sitting around the trailer, downing cases upon cases of Bud Lights!
copperlady

Blythewood, SC

#11 Jan 3, 2008
IGOR wrote:
<quoted text>Copperlady, you understood that jiberish? What the he11
did he say?
Not really. All I got from it was that he's broke!
Thank God

New Kensington, PA

#12 Jan 3, 2008
I cannot believe that this is still tolerated and accepted in 2007-1999.

We all need diversity training.

God Bless you Son and Lockheed, you need to offer diversity training.
Justice

United States

#13 Jan 3, 2008
Pipe Dowm wrote:
There is no way in helllllll that KKK newsletters were distributed in a Lockheed Martin break room. The man is lying.
There is some good in you, you know. My reason for saying that is... at least you referred to the complainant as a man... but, you are demonstrating typical bevavior by PPPL

They almost always never see the wrong when they hurt others... sometimes including their own. But, it's all good... this brother don't mind being call "the N" word now... he's smiling all the way to the bank.
One Love

White House, TN

#14 Jan 3, 2008
somebody finally got their 40 arces...
Flash

Irmo, SC

#15 Jan 3, 2008
1134Navajo wrote:
Because blacks don't really use a lot of racist terms compared to some of you white people. You would never see a black owner kick a white people out becuase it was to many of you. Now if it is a lot of black people in a white store the blacks would get kicked out. How I know it happen to us in 5 points the Exxon at the bottom of the hill.
Nowelfare

Columbia, SC

#16 Jan 3, 2008
He must not listen to rap.
Flash

Irmo, SC

#17 Jan 3, 2008
Face it is some racist a s s white folks. Not all white people are racist, but some is a bit crazy.
copperlady

Blythewood, SC

#18 Jan 3, 2008
One Love wrote:
somebody finally got their 40 arces...
And with what he was awarded, he can also buy the mule!
A long way to go

United States

#19 Jan 3, 2008
One Country One Flag....were all stuck here on this rock, lets make the most of it!
oburg

Columbia, SC

#20 Jan 3, 2008
The guy must have been doing something to get called that. How is it he was called that at 4 different places? Why are there not more people suing? I am sure he was not the only black working for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greenville SC Airport & Downtown Areas question Jul 23 Question 1
News Greenville-based code school The Iron Yard to s... Jul 21 Hall Monitor 1
News 11-year-old rescued from Lake Hartwell dies (May '07) Jul 20 Ultima50 27
dont trust trump kiss Jul 16 people of america 1
Greenville sc or Chattanooga? (Dec '16) Jul 8 Grace 4
Rain to remain absent in drought-stricken south... (Nov '16) Jun 26 ButterButt 2
Worst Neigborhoods in Greenville (Feb '08) Jun 26 Roddyboy 127

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages