First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frustrated

Prospect, KY

#1 Mar 2, 2012
I took clothes to the consignment store in Franklin across from where they had the fair last year on Highlands Rd. Can anyone tell me the name of the store? I have spoken to the "owner" Jewell Drake MULTIPLE times requesting my balance, or a check. She has more excuses to not give me the information or money than I don't know what. I'm ready to take her to court. She's supposedly such a "christian" woman, wow, seems to me that ripping someone off isn't what I would consider "christian".
Bryan Millsaps

Asheville, NC

#2 Mar 3, 2012
Welcome to Franklin! False storefront for Good Christians! You're an outsider! Just be thankful you don't live there!
Ben

Blairsville, GA

#3 Mar 6, 2012
Frustrated wrote:
I took clothes to the consignment store in Franklin across from where they had the fair last year on Highlands Rd. Can anyone tell me the name of the store? I have spoken to the "owner" Jewell Drake MULTIPLE times requesting my balance, or a check. She has more excuses to not give me the information or money than I don't know what. I'm ready to take her to court. She's supposedly such a "christian" woman, wow, seems to me that ripping someone off isn't what I would consider "christian".
I bet that she is first to hit the doors at church on sunday. Call your clerk of court and ask him what to do. He will tell you to take her to small claims court. You will need to in front of a local judge and they will take care of it for you. Even us little old everday people have rights just like those who stand behind the church doors. Been there and done that with someone just like her. Better yet find out where she goes to church and call her pastor and tell him what a crook she is and you are going to take papers out on her.Take her down is all I can say.Or better yet kick her ass!!!
Gloria Meadows

Mocksville, NC

#4 Mar 6, 2012
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet that she is first to hit the doors at church on sunday. Call your clerk of court and ask him what to do. He will tell you to take her to small claims court. You will need to in front of a local judge and they will take care of it for you. Even us little old everday people have rights just like those who stand behind the church doors. Been there and done that with someone just like her. Better yet find out where she goes to church and call her pastor and tell him what a crook she is and you are going to take papers out on her.Take her down is all I can say.Or better yet kick her ass!!!
Ben, something similar happened to me in Franklin, but when I went to the courthouse and asked for where the small claims court is, they told me that there is not one there. The exact words of the person at the courthouse desk was that I would have "to go big or forget it." That was the day I decided that Franklin was not for me.
Janice

Webster, NC

#5 Mar 11, 2012
What happened with this? Did you ever get satisfaction from the Drake woman?
I did not

Louisville, KY

#6 Mar 12, 2012
Janice wrote:
What happened with this? Did you ever get satisfaction from the Drake woman?
No, I have not, I guess I'll have to file with the BBB, then with the attorney General. I do believe I will include a trip down there, and I can add that to my overall expense.
Google

Young Harris, GA

#7 Mar 13, 2012
Gloria Meadows wrote:
<quoted text>
Ben, something similar happened to me in Franklin, but when I went to the courthouse and asked for where the small claims court is, they told me that there is not one there. The exact words of the person at the courthouse desk was that I would have "to go big or forget it." That was the day I decided that Franklin was not for me.
http://www.fcmcclerk.com/forms/smallclaims.ph...

Trust what someone tells you, but verify it!
Google

Young Harris, GA

#8 Mar 13, 2012
Gloria Meadows wrote:
<quoted text>

Trust what people tell you, but always verify it!
Google

Young Harris, GA

#9 Mar 13, 2012

Bryan Millsaps

Greer, SC

#10 Mar 13, 2012
Google wrote:
http://www.fcmcclerk.com/forms /smallclaims.php
Google, you have googled the wrong town, wrong information. The Franklin, NC, town where Jewell Drake has the consignment shop is in Macon County, not Franklin County. Yes, it is good to verify!
Barney Feife

Franklin, NC

#11 Mar 14, 2012
Gloria Meadows wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true. I went to Small Claim's Court and got the paperwork, paid the $79 fee through the Clerk of Superior Court's clerks. The case is tried by a Magistrate. Be careful with that, I got one that was friend's/Church member with the guy I was suing. I won but only a part of what I was suing for. If you are not satisfied with the SC's Court's judgement, you can appeal it to the next court. You get the fee back if you win!
Barney Feife

Franklin, NC

#12 Mar 14, 2012
I did not wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have not, I guess I'll have to file with the BBB, then with the attorney General. I do believe I will include a trip down there, and I can add that to my overall expense.
The cost of having to return to Franklin can be included in the amount you sue for, along with loss of work, etc. and aggravation/punitive damages.
Bryan Millsaps

Greer, SC

#13 Mar 14, 2012
Thanks Barmey. Wish I had known that earlier (several years ago when I tried to do a small claims. It was in the Magistrates Office that they told me I needed to get a lawyer and go to regular court so I just gave up!!!!!!!!!!
Shopping

Young Harris, GA

#14 Mar 14, 2012
Barney Feife wrote:
<quoted text>The cost of having to return to Franklin can be included in the amount you sue for, along with loss of work, etc. and aggravation/punitive damages.
Not true.
Shopping

Young Harris, GA

#15 Mar 14, 2012
Bryan Millsaps wrote:
Thanks Barmey. Wish I had known that earlier (several years ago when I tried to do a small claims. It was in the Magistrates Office that they told me I needed to get a lawyer and go to regular court so I just gave up!!!!!!!!!!
Not true.
Bryan Millsaps

Greer, SC

#16 Mar 15, 2012
Shopping, are you a consignment shop owner?
monica

Greenback, TN

#17 Apr 25, 2013
The cocoon
Marcy

Hayesville, NC

#18 Apr 25, 2013
monica wrote:
The cocoon
What does this mean?
lisa

Morristown, TN

#19 May 20, 2013
The cocoon owner is a rip off artist...never keeps accurate records and tries to confuse you about when she sold something. Not just done this to me but many others who live in Franklin!!! Don't be a supplier for her!
Susan

Webster, NC

#20 Jun 27, 2013
Cocoon is the biggest rip off!! She stole hundreds of dollars from me. I took thousands of dollars(retail) in to her. All name brand and like new. She never wants to give you any money and when she finally does it's a pathetic amount of money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sites to See! Please Help! May 12 MeeganNiccole 1
Bowery and Lazy Hiker, dirty hikers or homeless... Apr 30 Good Old Joe 6
News Captain D's Now Open in Franklin North Carolina (Nov '15) Apr '16 Crockett 4
What has happened to Franklin? (Aug '11) Apr '16 Goosey Goosey 285
Bankrupt Real Estate Agents in Macon County Apr '16 Goosey Goosey 14
Franklin is not a welcoming town (Oct '12) Apr '16 Goosey Goosey 16
Would it be accurate to say there's a Drakonian... Apr '16 Drakonian 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages