Comments
44,281 - 44,300 of 58,836 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#45957 Jan 13, 2014
TSF wrote:
There are several reasons that I know of. 1. Our school system is very top heavy administratively with $100,000 dollar + salaries who never teach a single student. For every 39 teachers actually teaching children, there are 61 administrative and support persons. That is the national average and NC is pretty much average in that respect also.
2, With NC children having no text books, why is it surprising that they have learning difficulties?
3. Germany, for instance, divides students by the 6th grade into academic curricula schools and trade curricula schools. The above average academic student do not sit there bored silly and time isn't wasted trying to the trade curricula students theoretical math for instance.
Here, the schools are forced to pretend that everyone is exactly capable of learning.
4. Here, the courts sentence criminal offenders back to school
Yes let the state put its mark on the children.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#45958 Jan 13, 2014
Hard work is commendable. But it will get you an early grave. Smart work is better because
you make more and live longer to enjoy the fruits of your own labor.
You cannot work smart without education. Contrary to the opinion of republikans, education is a good thing for the individual , for society and for the state. It is difficult for me to imagine how you and the republikans would see teaching of reading , writing and arithmetic as a threat to freedom. I suppose that its like the spying power meters and commies behind every tree, I would love to have you explain other mysteries, like how you think giving tax breaks to the rich so that school children cannot have books helps free enterprise. To me that sounds like slashing your own wrists to lower high blood pressure.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we would not want people to be free like in the pass. We would not want people to work hard, find their own worth, and make this country great like in the pass. NO, let the state dumb down our children. Teach them they can only be what the state school assigns them to be. Let all know that the state has put its mark upon this child to show it worth to the world. Let this child carry the state mark from birth to grave. Never to be free to make its own mark.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#45959 Jan 13, 2014
None are so blind as those who have sight but refuse to see. I guess you had a horrible school experience of some sort. Perhaps you went to a Catholic school and something really bad happened that fuels you hatred of education?
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes let the state put its mark on the children.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#45961 Jan 13, 2014
I don't know. I don't have Obamacare. It 's only effect on me is that my insurance company took advantage of all the controversy to raise my premiums and their own profit margin. They knew the idiots would blame Obamacare instead of looking at the truth.
waco1909 wrote:
How's Obamacare working for everybody? Not so good for me.I look at it like this.....If you are unhappy about your insurance, vote accordingly.If you're happy, vote accordingly.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#45962 Jan 13, 2014
TSF wrote:
None are so blind as those who have sight but refuse to see. I guess you had a horrible school experience of some sort. Perhaps you went to a Catholic school and something really bad happened that fuels you hatred of education?
<quoted text>
To stop fascism is not hatred. It is a stand against evil.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#45963 Jan 13, 2014
TSF wrote:
I don't know. I don't have Obamacare. It 's only effect on me is that my insurance company took advantage of all the controversy to raise my premiums and their own profit margin. They knew the idiots would blame Obamacare instead of looking at the truth.
<quoted text>
Obama knew idiots would blame the insurance companies, and not him. The less intelligent ones, anyway.
Canadian

Lenoir, NC

#45964 Jan 13, 2014
TSF wrote:
None are so blind as those who have sight but refuse to see. I guess you had a horrible school experience of some sort. Perhaps you went to a Catholic school and didn't something really bad happened that fuels you hatred of education?
<quoted text>
"None are so blind as those who have sight but refuse to see"....That's funny, coming from a person who is bind by intent.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#45965 Jan 13, 2014
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/ru... #
Guess living with a narcissistic liar is even too much for Michelle.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#45966 Jan 13, 2014
The mentally ill often attach perverse meanings to words. I have to inform you that reading, writing and arithmetic are not hidden forms of the fascism, socialism and communism of which your fear is so magnified.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
To stop fascism is not hatred. It is a stand against evil.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#45967 Jan 13, 2014
TSF wrote:
The mentally ill often attach perverse meanings to words. I have to inform you that reading, writing and arithmetic are not hidden forms of the fascism, socialism and communism of which your fear is so magnified.
<quoted text>
You don't have to be mentally ill to be a democrat, but it sure helps. Calling Taxpayer crazy, only makes you look crazy, as Obama gets worse and worse, you see nothing, hear nothing....
TSF

Clayton, NC

#45968 Jan 13, 2014
Lets see if we can solve this great puzzle. Who stands to make money off raising premiums for policies which have absolutely nothing to do with Obamacare? That would be insurance companies. Who stands to save money and increase profits by cancelling customers who have expensive chronic illness? That would be insurance companies. How much does Obama stand to gain from these practices? That would be nothing. I don't care a happy rats patootie about Obamacare. It doesn't affect me. So Obama lied about Obamacare to get it passed and it has been poorly implemented. A damn lying politician. who ever heard of such?
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Obama knew idiots would blame the insurance companies, and not him. The less intelligent ones, anyway.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#45969 Jan 13, 2014
Oh no!! Another mind infected with the pathological fear that reading, writing and arithmetic are forms of fascism, communism and socialism. WTF. So why are you reading and writing on this forum?
Canadian wrote:
<quoted text>"None are so blind as those who have sight but refuse to see"....That's funny, coming from a person who is bind by intent.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#45970 Jan 13, 2014
TSF wrote:
Lets see if we can solve this great puzzle. Who stands to make money off raising premiums for policies which have absolutely nothing to do with Obamacare? That would be insurance companies. Who stands to save money and increase profits by cancelling customers who have expensive chronic illness? That would be insurance companies. How much does Obama stand to gain from these practices? That would be nothing. I don't care a happy rats patootie about Obamacare. It doesn't affect me. So Obama lied about Obamacare to get it passed and it has been poorly implemented. A damn lying politician. who ever heard of such?
<quoted text>
Guess that his lies impacted my friends dying mom more than it did you, old boy. That doesn't make your hero anything more than a low-life opportunist.
Canadian

Lenoir, NC

#45971 Jan 13, 2014
TSF wrote:
Oh no!! Another mind infected with the pathological fear that reading, writing and arithmetic are forms of fascism, communism and socialism. WTF. So why are you reading and writing on this forum?
<quoted text>
Are you some kind of a nut? Do you purposely act this way, or is it a problem with your psych meds? Wow, talk about jumping to conclusions!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#45972 Jan 13, 2014
TSF wrote:
Lets see if we can solve this great puzzle. Who stands to make money off raising premiums for policies which have absolutely nothing to do with Obamacare? That would be insurance companies. Who stands to save money and increase profits by cancelling customers who have expensive chronic illness? That would be insurance companies. How much does Obama stand to gain from these practices? That would be nothing. I don't care a happy rats patootie about Obamacare. It doesn't affect me. So Obama lied about Obamacare to get it passed and it has been poorly implemented. A damn lying politician. who ever heard of such?
<quoted text>
It will affect you, T. It will affect your quality of care and your choice of doctors. Obamacare was never about insuring Americans or making care better and more affordable. It was and is about POWER!

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#45973 Jan 13, 2014
TSF wrote:
Oh no!! Another mind infected with the pathological fear that reading, writing and arithmetic are forms of fascism, communism and socialism. WTF. So why are you reading and writing on this forum?
<quoted text>
Calm down TSF! Did you just have a root canal, or something?
Canadian

Lenoir, NC

#45974 Jan 13, 2014
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>It will affect you, T. It will affect your quality of care and your choice of doctors. Obamacare was never about insuring Americans or making care better and more affordable. It was and is about POWER!
Poor Americans! They think Canadian health care is soo much better than theirs! What a joke! Come to Canada, you morons! See how much"better"Canadian health care ISN'T!
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45975 Jan 13, 2014
Canadian wrote:
<quoted text> Poor Americans! They think Canadian health care is soo much better than theirs! What a joke! Come to Canada, you morons! See how much"better"Canadian health care ISN'T!
Is there a Canadian section of Lenoir now?
Canadian

Lenoir, NC

#45976 Jan 13, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a Canadian section of Lenoir now?
Now that I'm here,eh?
Canadian

Lenoir, NC

#45977 Jan 13, 2014
Come on,State! Meet me at Mojino's, I need to meet some locals, get the lie of the land! Where are the babes here?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Carrion Tree Svc (Jul '11) 1 hr Get a reliable tr... 41
The Falkland Islands Brace for Oil Wealth (Apr '13) Thu guggy es UKTRAMIERDA 153
Jewell Drake? (Mar '12) Aug 26 Denton 35
So the Sheriff covered up facts on Cochran? So... Aug 23 common sense 21
stop crime in macon county Aug 23 Denton 10
Cherokees, town of Franklin in Indian mound clash (Jul '12) Aug 18 wildchold 5
Tommy lear Aug 14 Yea 3
•••
•••
Greenville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greenville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greenville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greenville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••