Moving to Greenville - School Info

Posted in the Greenville Forum

CJx

Dallas, TX

#1 Apr 16, 2013
We are thinking of moving to Greenville. We have two daughters that will be in 2nd and 4th grade. Since Greenville has so many Elementary schools, we were wondering which schools would be best?
Cjy

Cleveland, MS

#2 Apr 20, 2013
If I am correct, unless you choose a private school the district will assign a school based on your residence location.
CJx

Pine Bluff, AR

#3 Apr 21, 2013
Well that is why I asked. I don't want to live in a bad area with a bad school. I don't know anything about Greenville.
r2d2lvr

Indianola, MS

#4 Apr 23, 2013
If you're not considering private school, you're considering a bad school. No school in this town is good unless you're willing to pay for it.
Postit

Greenwood, MS

#5 Jun 3, 2013
The only schools within the greenville city limits you can SAFELY send your children to is Washington School or St Joe. Any other schools can be equated to an 8 hour a day prison sentence. Do not let anyone else tell you diffrently, this city/county public school system is pathetic and dangerous for kids of any age. The school curriculum is seriously outdated and alot of the kids should be in a juvenile detention center (or in some cases a prison) and not a classroom with the handful of kids that are trying to learn. there is a reason most people pay 400.00 a month to send their kids to private school here. If there is any way possible, DO NOT move to this area at all.
Postit

Greenwood, MS

#6 Jun 3, 2013
i see that it shows that im in indianola ms, but that is not the case. i have lived in greenville over 20 years now.(i have family here that i can not leave)
Upyours

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Sep 2, 2013
Washington School is for bigots and skinheads. St. Joe ain't bad. The Greenville Public Schools have a Superintendent who inpregnated one of his own students.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Accentuating the positive: Patricia Neely-Dorse... Mar 9 Jake 1
Christy Hardwick Feb '15 Raaranuki78 2
News National attention: Sweet Tea and Biscuits feat... Feb '15 No ticket 1
News Tupelo woman inherits love of sharing from her ... Jan '15 Love 1
O'bannon High School Jan '15 Warhero24 2
My best friend! Jan '15 backwoodsgurl 2
send message to leland chapman (Feb '07) Dec '14 donna 107
Greenville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web