Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciting Pledge of Allegiance

A Mississippi judge jailed a lawyer for several hours for refusing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, ordering the attorney to "purge himself" of contempt by standing and repeating the oath like the rest of the courtroom. Full Story

Olive Branch, MS

#2087 Aug 13, 2013
This thread just won't die
abba do

United States

#2090 Aug 19, 2013
What's up
NWO WILL FAIL

United States

#2091 Sep 5, 2013
under god or with god. sounds like we wanna definitely be opposite of god; good - evil
easy to love

United States

#2092 Sep 19, 2013
well I think that Waynesboro needs to clean up this town take all the dope dealers off the streets,take all the sexoffenders off the streets,waynesboro would be a better place to live all the people on food stamps needs and drawing checks should get out and find a job,i know some people that get food stamps and yes people abuse the system.i think that the welfare in Waynesboro,ms needs to investage the people that draws food stamps.
legal

Tupelo, MS

#2093 Sep 20, 2013
easy to love wrote:
well I think that Waynesboro needs to clean up this town take all the dope dealers off the streets,take all the sexoffenders off the streets,waynesboro would be a better place to live all the people on food stamps needs and drawing checks should get out and find a job,i know some people that get food stamps and yes people abuse the system.i think that the welfare in Waynesboro,ms needs to investage the people that draws food stamps.
==========
It might be better just to stop welfare and dump laws that prevent an income to the enterprising. If you want morals they do not buy.
What we have is learned helplessness.
tree hugger

West Jordan, UT

#2094 Sep 20, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
Under god doesn't have anything to do with Christianity, god could be construed to mean anything anyone wants it to be, god could mean a tree to a druid.
Aren't to be many Druids around anymore I expect. I may hug a tree but I am not going to worship one!

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#2095 Sep 25, 2013
tree hugger wrote:
<quoted text> Aren't to be many Druids around anymore I expect. I may hug a tree but I am not going to worship one!
Doesn't matter, god is subject to interpretation. It could be a sea monster for all we know.
Justin

Tupelo, MS

#2096 Sep 26, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't matter, god is subject to interpretation. It could be a sea monster for all we know.
==========
The concept of god is subjective and not empirical.
tree hugger

West Jordan, UT

#2097 Sep 28, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't matter, god is subject to interpretation. It could be a sea monster for all we know.
You could be a sea monster for all I know?
HIBREDX2MOM

Lexington, KY

#2098 Oct 25, 2013
why would you think "one nation under God" refers to christian beliefs. "God" could be Allah or whatever you belfief God to be.

and of course, it will become racial, it's Mississippi!
Roy

Tampa, FL

#2099 Oct 25, 2013
A Need to Tell wrote:
Just like u feel entitled to post others also have a right to their opinion. Do u even read what u r posting, you're contradicting urself. BTW, obviously Topix didn't care for ur comment since the moderators deleted it!!!
You'll have to forgive "Boo Boo" he's mildly retarded. If u knew him and his inbred family you'd understand.
Jimmy

Tupelo, MS

#2100 Oct 25, 2013
HIBREDX2MOM wrote:
why would you think "one nation under God" refers to christian beliefs. "God" could be Allah or whatever you belfief God to be.
and of course, it will become racial, it's Mississippi!
==========
The very fact that an imaginary figure rules makes belief a false system to solve problems. Objective reality has no beliefs.
Disappointed

Paris, TN

#2101 Oct 27, 2013
"Meet The Private Companies Helping Cops Spy On Protestors."

("Promotional materials for private spy companies show that mass surveillance technology is being sold to police departments as a way to monitor dissent.")

Click here:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/mee...

Since: Jun 12

Lucedale

#2102 Oct 28, 2013
Guest wrote:
This thread just won't die
I know it makes me a little sick to my stomach.
tree hugger

Salt Lake City, UT

#2103 Oct 29, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
The very fact that an imaginary figure rules makes belief a false system to solve problems. Objective reality has no beliefs.
Huh?
Sparta

United States

#2104 Nov 18, 2013
He should have enuff respect for the Flag to repeat the Pledge of Allegiance. It repisents all the "Men and Women" that fought and died for Your Fredom. If you don't like it you should leave the Country and see how you like it where ever you go. I don't think anyone will try and stop you. In My eyes You should still be locked up. You dishoner all the "Service Men and Women" that are now serving to keep this Country FREE! And anyone that agrees with him should packup there belonging and go with the lawer.
Spartan

Tupelo, MS

#2105 Nov 18, 2013
"It repisents all the "Men and Women" that fought and died for Your Fredom."
==========
We have no freedom when we are inspected and watched and listen to by the government. If the government can be selective in its enforcement of law then the public can be selective which laws it obeys.
Spartan

Tupelo, MS

#2106 Nov 18, 2013
Sparta wrote:
He should have enuff respect for the Flag to repeat the Pledge of Allegiance. It repisents all the "Men and Women" that fought and died for Your Fredom. If you don't like it you should leave the Country and see how you like it where ever you go. I don't think anyone will try and stop you. In My eyes You should still be locked up. You dishoner all the "Service Men and Women" that are now serving to keep this Country FREE! And anyone that agrees with him should packup there belonging and go with the lawer.
Perhaps your education is lacking because of the government.
get real ppl

United States

#2107 Nov 18, 2013
Ok so can u as ppl recited it. Cuz I can and for what it means is not no more no land of the free .no justice for all.
tree hugger

Salt Lake City, UT

#2108 Nov 18, 2013
Spartan wrote:
"It repisents all the "Men and Women" that fought and died for Your Fredom."
==========
We have no freedom when we are inspected and watched and listen to by the government. If the government can be selective in its enforcement of law then the public can be selective which laws it obeys.
The trouble is we can be locked up for being selective about which laws we will obey

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carl D. Fults husband of Valerie Rogers Jones F... Wed Anewmoonrising 1
Ronnie D. Mounce (May '11) Wed Anewmoonrising 27
Who do you support for U.S. House in Mississipp... (Oct '10) Sep 10 c ainsworth 58
Dog, team gone? (Sep '06) Sep 10 Go Blue Forever 713
Class of 81 Sep 9 Kayleigh92 1
horny (Aug '13) Aug '14 Sendero 13
Our Opinion: Urban sprawl in Southeast moving w... Aug '14 Pop 1
•••
•••
•••

Greenville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greenville People Search