Greenville is Finalist in Travel Maga...

Greenville is Finalist in Travel Magazine Contest

There are 47 comments on the WBKO-TV Bowling Green story from Jan 23, 2013, titled Greenville is Finalist in Travel Magazine Contest. In it, WBKO-TV Bowling Green reports that:

The town of just over 4,000 residents in Muhlenberg County made it into the top 15 out of 924 nominations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBKO-TV Bowling Green.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
follower

Pembroke, KY

#1 Jan 26, 2013
Well---what a joke!!!!
Muleburger

Central City, KY

#2 Jan 26, 2013
Jealous huh? They're top 15 out of over 900 cities!!
SHAME

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Jan 27, 2013
HOW COULD THIS BE,THERE IS NOTHING HERE NO JOBS,TO MANY DRUGS NOTHING FOR ENTERTAINMENT,ITS FOR THE BUSINESS PEOPLE AN THATS ALL IT IS
follower

Pembroke, KY

#4 Jan 27, 2013
Muleburger wrote:
Jealous huh? They're top 15 out of over 900 cities!!
Certainly not jealous. Voting process is a joke. In reality its not even in the top 1,000!! Bunch of idiots getting on every place possible and requesting votes. It's all a joke and most of us know it. Even us that live here know it most.
factFinder

Owensboro, KY

#5 Jan 27, 2013
SHAME wrote:
HOW COULD THIS BE,THERE IS NOTHING HERE NO JOBS,TO MANY DRUGS NOTHING FOR ENTERTAINMENT,ITS FOR THE BUSINESS PEOPLE AN THATS ALL IT IS
Saturdays on the Square during the summer and each month a new show at the new Martin Hall. Why are there so many doom and gloom people? Must be terrible to go though life that way.
Rick Newman

Dunmor, KY

#6 Jan 27, 2013
Thanks to all for supporting me.
SHAME

Murfreesboro, TN

#7 Jan 28, 2013
factFinder wrote:
<quoted text>Saturdays on the Square during the summer and each month a new show at the new Martin Hall. Why are there so many doom and gloom people? Must be terrible to go though life that way.
it is terrible, what is here but to go to walmart or kroger for grocerys, no more bowling alley, no more k mart, I HAVE INVESTED ALL IVE HAD IN THIS COUNTY AN NOW CANT AFFORT TO MOVE OR I WOULD OF BEEN OUT OF HERE A LONG TIME AGO WONDER WHY THE KIDS ARE ON DRUGS THINK ABOUT IT IS THERE ANYTHING FOR THEM HERE TO GET A USED CAR AN PAY TAXES ON IT PLUS INSURANCE FOR THEM EXCEPT MAYBE A MINIMUN WAGE,JOB WHICH THEY CANT EVEN LIVE ON , WHAT IS THERE HERE FOR THEM PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THERE IS FOR A TEEN TO DO OUT SIDE OF SPORTS, SURE THERE IS A NEW SHOW AT THE MARTIN HALL IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO GO WITH THIS ECONOMY
Karl C

Central City, KY

#8 Jan 28, 2013
Let me see...... Upward Bound, archery teams, Fishing Team at HS, church events, theater(s), academic events, swimming pools in CC and Gville, two wellness centers, nature park, Morgan Park, Gish Park, rails to trails, hunting and fishing, concerts in CC and Gville all summer, downtown events, community centers scattered around the county, 4H clubs, horseback riding, Boy/Cub Scouts, just to name a few things for kids to do. There's a heck of a lot more things for kids to do today than 25-50 years ago. It's not the role of cities/counties to raise your kids. Take them to church, take them fishing, take them hunting, take them to school events and stop dumping them out for society and the police to supervise!!
Rick Newman

Dunmor, KY

#9 Jan 28, 2013
That's right Karl, I can't it do all by myself.
Homemaker

Central City, KY

#11 Jan 28, 2013
Karl C wrote:
Let me see...... Upward Bound, archery teams, Fishing Team at HS, church events, theater(s), academic events, swimming pools in CC and Gville, two wellness centers, nature park, Morgan Park, Gish Park, rails to trails, hunting and fishing, concerts in CC and Gville all summer, downtown events, community centers scattered around the county, 4H clubs, horseback riding, Boy/Cub Scouts, just to name a few things for kids to do. There's a heck of a lot more things for kids to do today than 25-50 years ago. It's not the role of cities/counties to raise your kids. Take them to church, take them fishing, take them hunting, take them to school events and stop dumping them out for society and the police to supervise!!
Yep.......nothing to do around here!! <sarc>
the thing is

Greenville, KY

#12 Jan 28, 2013
The thing is everything is not free.. other than the concerts on the square. If people think they have to pay a dollar to get in they will not go, instead, they sit here complaining about nothing to do.
SHAME

Murfreesboro, TN

#13 Jan 29, 2013
the thing is wrote:
The thing is everything is not free.. other than the concerts on the square. If people think they have to pay a dollar to get in they will not go, instead, they sit here complaining about nothing to do.
did you ever think peaple cant afford to pay for the little entertainment we have sure ill take my 19 year old by the hand and see if he will go we need better paying jobs here, also a half way house instead of putting these young fellas in jail an throw a felony on them that stays with them a life time they dont need jail they need help, there is more people in jail because of weed , get them help, they only learn more than they should in jail so dont think it helps them by throwing them in jail, help them build a half way house instead of making the town beautifull
so you sre saying

Tucker, GA

#14 Jan 29, 2013
SHAME wrote:
<quoted text> did you ever think peaple cant afford to pay for the little entertainment we have sure ill take my 19 year old by the hand and see if he will go we need better paying jobs here, also a half way house instead of putting these young fellas in jail an throw a felony on them that stays with them a life time they dont need jail they need help, there is more people in jail because of weed , get them help, they only learn more than they should in jail so dont think it helps them by throwing them in jail, help them build a half way house instead of making the town beautifull
So you are saying that we should spend all of our money on a nuthouse for Greenville. Yes, that will go right along with the rest of your haphazard statement. I am sure the fortune 500 companies would roll right in here then. Also, I do realize that in this day and time that $10.00 is a lot to ask, especially depending on the time of the month. However, I can bet that is there was someone in owensboro that you liked, you would find a way. Also, don't know if you smoke or drink of not, but seems like we find the money for that too. People have a mental block that if there is entertainment here in Muhlenberg county, then it is no good. There have been several iconic musicians here in the past 2 or 3 years, you just have to keep up with what is going on and open your mind to know where...
SHAME

Murfreesboro, TN

#15 Jan 30, 2013
again money talks in this county if you are on social security i would like to see if the people who has the say so what comes in to this county should think of the elderly a little more like some people who are past 70 years old still paying tax on property, also also who is responsible to bring more better paying jobs here, or are the people that has a say so in this county are afraid to give bigger companys a tax break for a few years or is it better to leave open empty property sit with nothing on it,i guess the people who has the big bucks are scared to let loose for any investments here, just like the laws here if you got money you dont go to jail if you dont have money you go to jail all people rich or poor should be treated the same people talk about crime in Chicago an NEW York an big citys percentage rate on the amount of people who reside in the county are about the same
agree

Nortonville, KY

#16 Jan 31, 2013
SHAME wrote:
again money talks in this county if you are on social security i would like to see if the people who has the say so what comes in to this county should think of the elderly a little more like some people who are past 70 years old still paying tax on property, also also who is responsible to bring more better paying jobs here, or are the people that has a say so in this county are afraid to give bigger companys a tax break for a few years or is it better to leave open empty property sit with nothing on it,i guess the people who has the big bucks are scared to let loose for any investments here, just like the laws here if you got money you dont go to jail if you dont have money you go to jail all people rich or poor should be treated the same people talk about crime in Chicago an NEW York an big citys percentage rate on the amount of people who reside in the county are about the same
I do agree with one thing. We need jobs. People have been hired to find industry to come in here. I guess I am wondering when this is going to happen. The money goes out but never seems to come back in. As for entertainment the people who live here are paying for that in the form of taxation. It is not free people. That is a misguided statement. If they had their way they would tax us more.
Paul

Central City, KY

#17 Jan 31, 2013
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree with one thing. We need jobs. People have been hired to find industry to come in here. I guess I am wondering when this is going to happen. The money goes out but never seems to come back in. As for entertainment the people who live here are paying for that in the form of taxation. It is not free people. That is a misguided statement. If they had their way they would tax us more.
You failed to note that a huge chunk of that entertainment money comes from out of town visitors who eat and lodge in Central City and Greenville. It's not all local money.

Now you know the rest of the story!!
All ways left out

Greenville, KY

#19 Jan 31, 2013
Well here my thing how much do the black kids get to do around here. They don't want to go and here country bands . If they walk around the police follow them every where . So yes it should be the best little red neck town . Oh how many blacks are on the tourist commity they got know say and if that enough how many work down town. That's why we not down painting the town.
Grim

Central City, KY

#20 Jan 31, 2013
The concerts aren't intended for kids to walk around, behind the buildings, down the alleys and all over town. If they go up town, they need to sit down or stay on the square. That goes for blacks and whites. If you want a black on the tourist commission, they need to open a restaurant or build a hotel.
Reaper

Dunmor, KY

#21 Jan 31, 2013
How much revenue does the blacks contribute to anything ?
encore

Greenville, KY

#22 Jan 31, 2013
It is the coolest little town on earth! You know you can drive by the largest open Belfry in the US, stop and eat at Rockfords and spend the night in the Muhlenberg County Detention Center. When you leave to go home from the coolest little town on earth you stop and eat at Rockfords place and drive by the largest open Belfry in the US. People come from miles around and save all year for their vacation in Greenville, ky!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hypocrite shop owners 28 min tacky 3
JL Graham child molester 35 min ROBIN CREAGER 22
PR Zone (Oct '11) 39 min Lusty 54
Die hard democracts. 1 hr Liberals R us 23
Shelter for women in Greenville 3 hr Need to know asap 35
Keep A Word, Lose A Word (Nov '11) 17 hr Mutant-cucumber 30
Finally!! A More Conservative America Sat Well- 12

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance