Superintendent Candidates
Sparkman

Henderson, KY

#136 Aug 23, 2013
Okthen wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck does the 'area' have to do with anything? You are a myopic narrow minded follower. You are clueless about his leadership at the middle school. Sure he has some strong supporters. You should know cause we can tell that's who you've been talking to. It's gone downhill drastically. There's a lack of leadership!!
Saw DA Bowels going into north mid this morn. Was to console Sparks and assure him he'd get the other position/--betcha!!
Skippy

Greenville, KY

#137 Aug 23, 2013
Who is DA Bowels?
Sparkman

Henderson, KY

#138 Aug 23, 2013
Skippy wrote:
Who is DA Bowels?
Darrell Bowers (Dumb Ass Bowels) you know like intestines/colon/bowels.
WTF

Williamsburg, KY

#139 Aug 23, 2013
Ralph Hoskins of Manchester named new superintendent.
Dean

Owensboro, KY

#140 Aug 23, 2013
Okthen wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck does the 'area' have to do with anything? You are a myopic narrow minded follower. You are clueless about his leadership at the middle school. Sure he has some strong supporters. You should know cause we can tell that's who you've been talking to. It's gone downhill drastically. There's a lack of leadership!!
The area has a lot to do with it Okthen. The hiring administrators and board in charge and good intentions of the body has been crowing qualified people from Sparks area out of leadership positions for decades. Name one former superintendent from the area. They all pick their replacements. I am thrilled for the elected superintendent and not myopic/nearsighted at all. Sparks is a good leader and character shows everything including in the way you write. The leadership is there and it's known well beyond that particular school. He is being noticed for his accomplishments on many levels. Good luck to you and your big agenda Okthen.
Skippy

Greenville, KY

#141 Aug 23, 2013
Ticked Off wrote:
<quoted text>
Several other whys too skippy.
Extra truck for maintance.
Paying interim supt $500 a day.
Paying the rent on his house $1600 mo
Paying for extra audit.
Paying outside attorney and board atty.
Paying Todd 6 months when he offered to work.
Paying Todd for 380 sick days.$$$$$$
Paying for supt search.
Paying for bd member to go to conference in California.
Paying over a million $,s for Bremen Elem ballparks.
Buying extra property at Bremen Elem.
Pay for all the extra board meetings.
And yes skippy an extra asst supt.
Just a sample of how money has been wasted. How many of the list above is ABOUT OUR KIDS? If you don't believe me with this list than check the board minutes that are posted on the district website. That's where I found it.
Skippy, a poor school board is the understatement of the year.
So...according to these figures, Fentress is making $83,000+ out of Muhlenberg County taxes? In addition, Todd is being bought out for 6 months of pay plus over a year's salary in sick days...I don't know what his salary is, but that is probably well over $100,000. And they are wanting to cut pay for some retired teachers??????? Where is the outrage from the county?????
Lisa

Hodgenville, KY

#142 Aug 24, 2013
They should cut pay for retired teachers; our scores still suck when compared to the rest of the state's; so the money going to pay for these RETIRED teachers; has been wasted. Why is the school system full of old retired has-been teachers? I bet Robert Reynolds and his wife receive pension checks of $4,000-$6,000 a month and he has been the assistant superintendent for years....drawing a paycheck of how much? Muhlenberg County schools are full of teachers who NEED to retire or have retired and won't leave. We need NEW teachers who want to work and still have some enthusiasm for teaching.
Bizzy Bee

Hopkinsville, KY

#143 Aug 24, 2013
Lisa wrote:
They should cut pay for retired teachers; our scores still suck when compared to the rest of the state's; so the money going to pay for these RETIRED teachers; has been wasted. Why is the school system full of old retired has-been teachers? I bet Robert Reynolds and his wife receive pension checks of $4,000-$6,000 a month and he has been the assistant superintendent for years....drawing a paycheck of how much? Muhlenberg County schools are full of teachers who NEED to retire or have retired and won't leave. We need NEW teachers who want to work and still have some enthusiasm for teaching.
I don't think there are that many retired teachers working and those that are work for less than full pay. I don't see a long line of applicants at the board when jobs are announced. I don't think they have a large pool to pick from. Outside people don't want to come here to work very often.

It sounds like they take experienced teachers for a fraction of what they make if they were not retired, and have them working with slow learners. Makes sense to me. If I read the paper correctly the issue is this board is spending all this money on useless things and now targets teachers to cut pay and all of this after school had started. Can't disagree with ya on Reynolds. He's been around so long he probably started working in one room school houses.
Sparkman

Henderson, KY

#144 Aug 25, 2013
Bizzy Bee wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there are that many retired teachers working and those that are work for less than full pay. I don't see a long line of applicants at the board when jobs are announced. I don't think they have a large pool to pick from. Outside people don't want to come here to work very often.
It sounds like they take experienced teachers for a fraction of what they make if they were not retired, and have them working with slow learners. Makes sense to me. If I read the paper correctly the issue is this board is spending all this money on useless things and now targets teachers to cut pay and all of this after school had started. Can't disagree with ya on Reynolds. He's been around so long he probably started working in one room school houses.
Is Ms Wobert Winnels gonna stay on and priss her ass around the board for another year.? Bless her sweet little heart?
angel2005

Greenville, KY

#145 Aug 25, 2013
Lisa wrote:
You are very correct. I could not have said it any better myself. Get new teachers who need jobs to do what these retired ones dont want to do anyway.
Bizzy Bee

Hopkinsville, KY

#146 Aug 25, 2013
Sparkman wrote:
<quoted text>Is Ms Wobert Winnels gonna stay on and priss her ass around the board for another year.? Bless her sweet little heart?
LOL. Ole Wobert will suck up to anyone in charge. He did Todd until he announced his retirement then turned his loyality to McCarty. Certainly wasnt for Sparks or Davis. He's only for himself and has to have his power ego stroked. McCarty will run him off soon but ole Wobert probably don't realize it. They used him to promote McCarty and stab Davis and Sparks. They no longer have any use for him. IMO
Concerned Citizen

Central City, KY

#148 Aug 25, 2013
Bizzy Bee wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Ole Wobert will suck up to anyone in charge. He did Todd until he announced his retirement then turned his loyality to McCarty. Certainly wasnt for Sparks or Davis. He's only for himself and has to have his power ego stroked. McCarty will run him off soon but ole Wobert probably don't realize it. They used him to promote McCarty and stab Davis and Sparks. They no longer have any use for him. IMO
I really feel it is time for the people of this county to stop the bashing. Sure, everyone has a right to his or her opinion, but many such as Bizzy Bee are simply making cruel remarks with no justification. All I can say is Bizzy is a very insecure person and makes ridiculous remarks to soothe a fragile ego. Until the people of this county refrain from making such outrageous statements and behave like civilized people, no sane person or business from outside the county will attempt to come here. Most of all, if the adults don't start behaving with some decorum, our children will become pessimistic and unproductive citizens. Is that what you want Bizzy Bee? Perhaps you and all the other disgruntled folks should find a new place to live and create the utopian society Bizzy thinks is possible.
Bizzy Bee

Hopkinsville, KY

#149 Aug 25, 2013
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>I really feel it is time for the people of this county to stop the bashing. Sure, everyone has a right to his or her opinion, but many such as Bizzy Bee are simply making cruel remarks with no justification. All I can say is Bizzy is a very insecure person and makes ridiculous remarks to soothe a fragile ego. Until the people of this county refrain from making such outrageous statements and behave like civilized people, no sane person or business from outside the county will attempt to come here. Most of all, if the adults don't start behaving with some decorum, our children will become pessimistic and unproductive citizens. Is that what you want Bizzy Bee? Perhaps you and all the other disgruntled folks should find a new place to live and create the utopian society Bizzy thinks is possible.
You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. But the fact is I don't intend on being cruel but only speaking the truth. People in this county know what is going on but few are willing to stand up and say it. My apologies if I hurt someone's feeling but there are more and more people who see things very similar to the way I do.
I'm Broke

Hopkinsville, KY

#150 Aug 26, 2013
Okthen wrote:
<quoted text>What the heck does the 'area' have to do with anything? You are a myopic narrow minded follower. You are clueless about his leadership at the middle school. Sure he has some strong supporters. You should know cause we can tell that's who you've been talking to. It's gone downhill drastically. There's a lack of leadership!!
I agree. Leadership has really declined since this new board took over and this substitute superintendent came in. We were discussing this morning at the coffee shop the reason why this Fentress guy is here till November if we now have a superintendent named. Isn't he paid BIG bucks, like $500 a day plus expenses?

CB also said that this board created not only a third assistant superintendent position but also a new secretary for that person at the board. Any truth to that? Doesn't make any sense cutting teacher pay due to a tight budget and creating all these additional jobs. So now we're paying three superintendents, Todd, Fentress, and McCarty? When is this board going to spend money on our children rather than adults? Isn't school about the kids? This craziness never ends.
what

Owensboro, KY

#151 Aug 26, 2013
I think Todd is still in control and making fools out of this board.He's laughing at every move this board makes.
Spanky

Henderson, KY

#152 Aug 26, 2013
what wrote:
I think Todd is still in control and making fools out of this board.He's laughing at every move this board makes.
That's ok---they laughed at him while he was in there.
Binky

Hopkinsville, KY

#153 Aug 26, 2013
Spanky wrote:
<quoted text>That's ok---they laughed at him while he was in there.
Yeah he laughed all the way to the bank thanks to this board. That was really stupid on the board's behalf. Paying three supts at once is craziness.
Poker

Hopkinsville, KY

#154 Aug 26, 2013
Binky wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah he laughed all the way to the bank thanks to this board. That was really stupid on the board's behalf. Paying three supts at once is craziness.
LOL. Todd needs to take up poker. He sure played those rookie board members and even ole Don fell victim. But wait, the board was playing with our taxpayer money so they didn't give a dam* how much they spent. But in all honesty, more has been done for our kids in the last 10 years then any time I can remember. We have some very nice schools under Todd's reign. Good luck McCarty.
go tide go

Owensboro, KY

#155 Aug 26, 2013
[QUOTE who="I'm Broke"]<quoted text>
I agree. Leadership has really declined since this new board took over and this substitute superintendent came in. We were discussing this morning at the coffee shop the reason why this Fentress guy is here till November if we now have a superintendent named. Isn't he paid BIG bucks, like $500 a day plus expenses?
CB also said that this board created not only a third assistant superintendent position but also a new secretary for that person at the board. Any truth to that? Doesn't make any sense cutting teacher pay due to a tight budget and creating all these additional jobs. So now we're paying three superintendents, Todd, Fentress, and McCarty? When is this board going to spend money on our children rather than adults? Isn't school about the kids? This craziness never ends.[/QUOTE]That's just more of that DQ talk.Don't mount to nothing.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#157 Aug 27, 2013
Just think in 2014 Kentuckians will have new female senator, GO Alison Lundergan Grimes...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 15 min Fa-Foxy 273
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min eddie 141,457
Happy North Korea day! 46 min Masked Chong 1
Joseph Kelly 1 hr sheila 12
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) 4 hr Old Times 654
pink slipped trachers? 6 hr Teacher 12
Muhlenberg County Social Services Jul 1 FLORIDA GIRL 8
More from around the web

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages