Superintendent Candidates
Skippy

Nebo, KY

#21 Jul 19, 2013
yeah wrote:
I'd have to go with Sparks.Richey won't be able to bully Sparks.
Then Sparks is out. Richey must have YES men.
luppy

Madisonville, KY

#22 Jul 19, 2013
Skippy wrote:
<quoted text>Then Sparks is out. Richey must have YES men.
Skippy speaks the truth. Don is in control and all but Adcock will follow his lead and vote how he wants. He is big buddies with McCarty who is probably the least qualified. We will see if he does the buddy thing or what's best for the district.

Todd wasn't a yes man so you can bet Don will want someone he can control. He loves power. If you look at the four county finalist Davis has the best test scores and most experience, but that might not matter. This county might be in trouble. It's such a shame politics plays such a big role when our kids lives are at stake.
Margaret Ann

Cadiz, KY

#23 Jul 19, 2013
Yes it's true, Don likes power and I do too!
big ben

White Plains, KY

#24 Jul 19, 2013
luppy wrote:
<quoted text>Skippy speaks the truth. Don is in control and all but Adcock will follow his lead and vote how he wants. He is big buddies with McCarty who is probably the least qualified. We will see if he does the buddy thing or what's best for the district.

Todd wasn't a yes man so you can bet Don will want someone he can control. He loves power. If you look at the four county finalist Davis has the best test scores and most experience, but that might not matter. This county might be in trouble. It's such a shame politics plays such a big role when our kids lives are at stake.
I agree, this shit needs to stop
swammie 2

Madisonville, KY

#25 Jul 19, 2013
Ok Swammieman, where you been hiding? Give us your prediction. You seem to have been in the know in the past. Lets see if you still got it.
how did we get here

Henderson, KY

#26 Jul 19, 2013
What qualifies the board members to interview candidates for the position of school superintendent? Some of the board members have only a high school diploma and no previous experience in education, yet they are conducting the interviews. This calls into question the legitimacy of the hiring process, even with politics aside!
wow

Owensboro, KY

#27 Jul 20, 2013
how did we get here wrote:
What qualifies the board members to interview candidates for the position of school superintendent? Some of the board members have only a high school diploma and no previous experience in education, yet they are conducting the interviews. This calls into question the legitimacy of the hiring process, even with politics aside!
That's a very good question.Would love for a board member to reply.
Cephus

Cadiz, KY

#28 Jul 20, 2013
Board members are very nice people even if they don't know poop!
HELLO

United States

#29 Jul 20, 2013
how did we get here wrote:
We put them in the position knowing they'd be making decisions you idiot!
AsherMan

Waterloo, IL

#30 Jul 20, 2013
Well with Muhlenberg, it's always the good old boy system.
banker man

Madisonville, KY

#31 Jul 20, 2013
HELLO wrote:
<quoted text>We put them in the position knowing they'd be making decisions you idiot!
I guess we did put them there. Ohhhh what a mistake we made. Wish we could turn back the clock and correct this big mistake because our children have to live through this mess. They don't want the best candidate, they want someone they can control. It's all about their egos and power and Richey is the ring leader. Cut off the head and the snake will die.
Screen Comm Friend

Madisonville, KY

#32 Jul 20, 2013
banker man wrote:
<quoted text>I guess we did put them there. Ohhhh what a mistake we made. Wish we could turn back the clock and correct this big mistake because our children have to live through this mess. They don't want the best candidate, they want someone they can control. It's all about their egos and power and Richey is the ring leader. Cut off the head and the snake will die.
This screening committee group could'nt or were not allowed to do their job. They were told WHO NOT to include on the list to the board because the board would not consider these people. The paper said there were 11 current superintendents who applied but NOT one of them made the list. Instead we have local principals who have the lowest test scores in the county (except for Davis) and a principal of the alternative school, McCarty? You can't tell me this was the best of the 25 applicants. It's all for show and my friend on the screening committee confirmed this. What a shame and this board is for kids???
Skippy

Nebo, KY

#33 Jul 20, 2013
What would be funny is if one of the women gets the job...first time Richey hits on her, she won't be no YES person anymore!!!!
Otter

Pembroke, KY

#34 Jul 21, 2013
yeah wrote:
I'd have to go with Sparks.Richey won't be able to bully Sparks.
Thanks again Mr. Sparks.
allknowing

Rochester, KY

#35 Jul 21, 2013
Doesn't really matter. The children that are smart go on to college and make something of themselves. The ones that are dumb as a rock or from all the Meth homes go on to be a burden on society. No school system can ever change this.
Embarrassed

Madisonville, KY

#36 Jul 21, 2013
allknowing wrote:
Doesn't really matter. The children that are smart go on to college and make something of themselves. The ones that are dumb as a rock or from all the Meth homes go on to be a burden on society. No school system can ever change this.
OMG. I can't believe what you said. Part of schools responsibility is to try and change behavior. It is hard for teachers but we don't view kids as those who can succeed and those less fortunate you can just throw away because of their home life which many of them can't help.

You sound like a couple of board members like Richey and Tartar who were born with a silver spoon in their mouths and don't care about that lower class kid. Shame on you and those who feel that way.
mully

Pembroke, KY

#37 Jul 22, 2013
McCarty & Sparks will most likely fill the TWO positions. Davis could possibly do the best job---but he'll fill every position he can with those Bremenites---he's proven that.
FOR REAL

Chicago, IL

#38 Jul 22, 2013
allknowing wrote:
Your opinion could not be further from the truth. There have been many school systems that have changed the lives of many children. The school system is the foundation of learning. The real heroes are the ones in the system giving more than is required of them for the needs of each individual child. This is a truly hard job but it has been done many times.
AsherMan

Albers, IL

#39 Jul 23, 2013
Well with the Muhlenberg county democratís, itís all about whose scratches whose back and the kickbacks.
Bob

Cadiz, KY

#40 Jul 23, 2013
AsherMan wrote:
Well with the Muhlenberg county democratís, itís all about whose scratches whose back and the kickbacks.
hell yes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kayla gena pendley 2 hr Just wondering 5
New to the area looking for a girl who's down t... 9 hr Sidekick 5
Blakelyn Groves 18 hr wku 4
keaton jones 18 hr ??? 1
Monica Keith Tue Key 39
Best car Body shops Tue LAN 14
keto Mon big red 1

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance