Paris, TN

#1 Jan 30, 2014
13 minute response time???
Yeah

Rochester, KY

#2 Jan 30, 2014
wow wrote:
Really? How fast would it have taken you then? You're a sad individual for judging them. The way I understand it, there wasn't a whole lot anyone could've done. Do you really think they enjoyed having to go to that scene probably KNOWING there's dead kids? Put yourself in their shoes, almighty one, before you judge them.
person

La Grange, KY

#3 Jan 30, 2014
wow wrote:
if they are a volunteer fire department then yes .... what do you suggest....
Seriously

United States

#4 Jan 30, 2014
To the first comment-you have to be one of those people that love to complain and point fingers and are never satisfied. How can you even say one negative word about people that volunteer their time to try to help others? Have you ever volunteered? Was you there at the scene trying to save lives? I didn't think so. I don't even know one single person on the fd but I sure do appreciate their efforts! Sounds like you need to shut your mouth and be a little more thankful for all of our first responders.
Pam

Owensboro, KY

#6 Jan 31, 2014
Everyone thinks that the fire department should arrive as soon as they are alerted, but most people do not understand how the volunteer departments work. As a volunteer, I can tell you that we get there as quick as we can. You have to figure that this call was at 2:00 in the morning. Most people were sleeping. When your pager goes off, you have to get dressed and then you have the drive to the station. Once at the station, you have to get your turnout gear. Then you have the drive to the scene. When you figure all of this up, 13 minutes isn't such a long time. I have worked a scene like this where there were several children that were killed and let me tell you, it isn't something you will ever forget. I applaud the work that those firefighters did and pray that they can find some comfort in the days that follow.
Yeah

Rochester, KY

#7 Jan 31, 2014
Pam wrote:
Everyone thinks that the fire department should arrive as soon as they are alerted, but most people do not understand how the volunteer departments work. As a volunteer, I can tell you that we get there as quick as we can. You have to figure that this call was at 2:00 in the morning. Most people were sleeping. When your pager goes off, you have to get dressed and then you have the drive to the station. Once at the station, you have to get your turnout gear. Then you have the drive to the scene. When you figure all of this up, 13 minutes isn't such a long time. I have worked a scene like this where there were several children that were killed and let me tell you, it isn't something you will ever forget. I applaud the work that those firefighters did and pray that they can find some comfort in the days that follow.
Thank you, Pam. I think the original poster of this hasn't ever lived in "real life". Many of my close friends were involved on this as first responders, etc. it's stuff that will give you chills. I pray for all those involved and the family too. God bless them all.
doug

Central City, KY

#8 Jan 31, 2014
way to go all the to the fireman and woman u did your best sorry four what had to see great job ty four being u ty ty ty

MrsGladToBeMe

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#9 Jan 31, 2014
Pam wrote:
So, let me get this straight, you're praying for the firefighters who responded to the site and no where did you say you prayed for the family in your remarks? Also isn't that a part of the job being a fireman?
ricky

Marion, KY

#10 Jan 31, 2014
hey mrsgladtobeme, why are you glad to be you and who are you?
you should apologize

United States

#11 Jan 31, 2014
wow wrote:
You cold cold cold hearted person. You ever stop and think how these people feel? A mother and her 8 children have died. A man has lost is wife and all but one child. A little girl lost almost her entire family and your thought is 13 minutes.you think these fire fighters probably dont feel bad already you want and try to add to it. YOUR COMMENT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A PRAYER FOR THIS FAMILYAND ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAD TO SEE THAT. you should be so ashamed of yourself and you should apologize.
I am from Franklin Ky, I do not know this family or anyone in your community but my heart pours out for them. My prayers are with Y'all.
seriously

Princeton, KY

#12 Jan 31, 2014
ricky wrote:
hey mrsgladtobeme, why are you glad to be you and who are you?
It is a sociopath that trolls threads and attempts to degrade anyone for anything. She waits for them to mess up or open a door that she can bounce thru and knock them down a peg. To sum it up... a miserable person.
Yeah

Rochester, KY

#13 Jan 31, 2014
MrsGladToBeMe is a bitch. She was on a forum running the county down. Move if you don't like it here. As many comments as he/she/it makes, I think employment would be a good option.
Ricky

Marion, KY

#14 Jan 31, 2014
Yeah wrote:
MrsGladToBeMe is a bitch. She was on a forum running the county down. Move if you don't like it here. As many comments as he/she/it makes, I think employment would be a good option.
Got the impression she was like that. Sad life nothing to do but comment on everything out there! Sounds lonely and desperate for attention.
Jamie pointer

Owensboro, KY

#15 Jan 31, 2014
We'll most has jobs work all day so when we get off work we are tired just like every body else diff is we spend our on gas on cars we leave dinners with our family's to help yours in time of need so instead of bad mouthing put your feet in our shoes instead of talking trash join a fire dept see if u can make a difference number one safety is your safety first
seriously

Princeton, KY

#16 Jan 31, 2014
Jamie pointer wrote:
We'll most has jobs work all day so when we get off work we are tired just like every body else diff is we spend our on gas on cars we leave dinners with our family's to help yours in time of need so instead of bad mouthing put your feet in our shoes instead of talking trash join a fire dept see if u can make a difference number one safety is your safety first
No one on here is talking trash about the fd. It was the original poster that has the issue. I believe everyone else plus more is proud of the fire departments. I believe the county will agree for the most part. Thank you for all you people do.
getting paid

United States

#17 Jan 31, 2014
Those red neck volunteers make me laugh. Couldn't cut it at a paid department so they dress up and play firemen in their spare time.
SOOOOOOOO

Chattanooga, TN

#19 Feb 1, 2014
getting paid wrote:
Those red neck volunteers make me laugh. Couldn't cut it at a paid department so they dress up and play firemen in their spare time.
So can't cut it at a paid department. Can you even make the cut at all. Go join a department see how much time they put in it and how hard they work. Paid or volunteer the job is the SAME!!!!!!

MrsGladToBeMe

Location hidden

#20 Feb 1, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people.

MrsGladToBeMe

Location hidden

#21 Feb 1, 2014
seriously wrote:
<quoted text> It is a sociopath that trolls threads and attempts to degrade anyone for anything. She waits for them to mess up or open a door that she can bounce thru and knock them down a peg. To sum it up... a miserable person.
Really "seriously", seems like I have seen you in a lot of different forums too, and by the way, how did I knock down anyone???

MrsGladToBeMe

Location hidden

#22 Feb 1, 2014
Jamie pointer wrote:
You need to join a evening class on grammar!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jtb❤ 41 min Watchout 3
Alisha 13 hr Goodlyck 4
lori west or 14 hr Intriguing 4
Ernie isome 18 hr Citizen 1 7
yonts for state representive. 19 hr Senator 8
Sheriff mcgehee for judge executive Thu seriously 9
Need Information about Samantha Dawn Stanley Thu El presidenta 7

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance