First Prev
of 2
Next Last
black friday

Paducah, KY

#1 Dec 8, 2013
Well they have done it now, got all these decorations us and have attracted a homeless family to main street. Poor people, looks like man and couple of kids wife sitting on that bench by onb drive thru. Then they have one kid down the street reading something I figure they home school the kids and he is doing homework. My guess is they are going to be taking baths in the fountain, seems like tourism would put a sheet up around it so they have a little privacy taking bath. I have seen them last two times I went through town. Seems like all this fancy stuff is bringing in homeless people thinking they are going to hit it big living in some fancy rich place. Hope they don't freeze would have took them some food but roads were slick. Maybe they can hang out in courthouse during the day to warm up.
voter

Owensboro, KY

#2 Dec 8, 2013
There's churches in Muhlenberg County that help homeless families. They need to contact the churches.
black friday

Paducah, KY

#3 Dec 8, 2013
I wish you or some people from your church would come down and help these poor people. That little boy sitting by the side of the road reading *doing homework i think* breaks my heart to think poor little guy is trying to make a better life and having to be out in the cold. i don't know any of the church's and i just don't have room for them here. You need to step up and help them if you have church connections up there.
if

Greenville, KY

#4 Dec 8, 2013
If I see them I'm going to stop and do what i can to help them. Havin to small small boys if my own its breaks my heart to think kids would have to be out in weather like this. I hope some people realize the small things they take for granted. Heating, warm meals, clean clothes, a place to shower and lay their head at night. Around the holiday seasons I see so many children crying because their parents didn't get them the right color laptop or iphone, didn't get the the right size hd TV. Didn't get the right 60$ Xbox game. But there are children like those who have nothing. It makes me sick. I'll bring them to my own home if I have to until I can make better accommodations.
Paducah, KY

#5 Dec 8, 2013
if wrote:
If I see them I'm going to stop and do what i can to help them. Havin to small small boys if my own its breaks my heart to think kids would have to be out in weather like this. I hope some people realize the small things they take for granted. Heating, warm meals, clean clothes, a place to shower and lay their head at night. Around the holiday seasons I see so many children crying because their parents didn't get them the right color laptop or iphone, didn't get the the right size hd TV. Didn't get the right 60$ Xbox game. But there are children like those who have nothing. It makes me sick. I'll bring them to my own home if I have to until I can make better accommodations.
please post what you are able to do for them .
FYI

United States

#6 Dec 9, 2013
post wrote:
<quoted text>
please post what you are able to do for them .
they need to get to Hopkinsville they have good people there who would be glad to help them .
Marge

Hopkinsville, KY

#7 Dec 9, 2013
Well I knew a lady with a child who was borderline homeless staying from place to place. They did not know where was the next place they was going to lay their head down at. No one anywhere in the county would help them. Tried several places. Even called the child's school and they couldn't. We tried church after church and no luck. The lady had worked for 13+ yrs and got sick and just was not physically able to work to provide the stability. Life can be so hard on people. Best of luck for this family. I do hope they get help because I do not want to see anyone on the streets. Especially at Christmas!
Santas Helpers

Cadiz, KY

#8 Dec 9, 2013
Marge wrote:
Well I knew a lady with a child who was borderline homeless staying from place to place. They did not know where was the next place they was going to lay their head down at. No one anywhere in the county would help them. Tried several places. Even called the child's school and they couldn't. We tried church after church and no luck. The lady had worked for 13+ yrs and got sick and just was not physically able to work to provide the stability. Life can be so hard on people. Best of luck for this family. I do hope they get help because I do not want to see anyone on the streets. Especially at Christmas!
They need to go to the board of education and see the superintendent. Mr. Todd helped numerous homeless families and also contacted community people who helped them as well. If they have school age children he would always help them. I'm not sure what the new superintendent will do but it's worth a try.
if

Greenville, KY

#9 Dec 9, 2013
post wrote:
<quoted text>please post what you are able to do for them .
I'm not sure if you're asking because you'd like to know some if the resources available for people in their situation or what but like I said before i would take then into my own home while accommodations are made. There a few homeless shelter in bowlingreen that offer shelter if course ad three meals a day. My stepmother works there for free in her spare time. There are several churches and a few places like at st Vincent DePaul and pathway of hope that will give free food and clothing to families in need. I've had family that had to go to second baptist In greenville where they donate large baskets of canned food an fruits and bread ad things like tht to needy families. There are a lot of places to go and peoe that can help if you know where to look. I went driving through today but I didn't see the family.
yup

Greenville, KY

#10 Dec 9, 2013
The food stamp office also has resources available. Thy don't just offer food stamps. Try can give number to other places that can help. Bluegrass cellular offers cell phones for free for people in food stamps. I think you only have to pay 30$ initially. At least they used to do that. I'll have to look it up because I can't remember the exact link but there is a muhlenberg county resource guide with names of shelter of all types with phone numbers and locations
MCSO

Rochester, KY

#11 Dec 9, 2013
LOL!!!!!!!!!! No wonder Fox News is the number one cable news source. You can make people believe anything. I'm surprised there is not a fund setup by the poster "black friday".
Too bad you weak minded fools fell for their post. The family referred to are the new statues in Greenville. hahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
Jones

Hopkinsville, KY

#12 Dec 9, 2013
MCSO wrote:
LOL!!!!!!!!!! No wonder Fox News is the number one cable news source. You can make people believe anything. I'm surprised there is not a fund setup by the poster "black friday".
Too bad you weak minded fools fell for their post. The family referred to are the new statues in Greenville. hahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
Wow-- guess you do not read your bible- you are not suppose to call anyone a fool-- God Bless the idiot who started this fake thread.
rude

Greenville, KY

#13 Dec 9, 2013
Just because someone fell for a ridiculous joke doesn't mean they're idiots or fools. It's the holiday season and thankfully there are people in this county that had the right mindset to help if in fact there had been a family in need. It's not like its that far fetched that there would be many needy an or homeless families in this county.
MCSO

Rochester, KY

#14 Dec 9, 2013
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow-- guess you do not read your bible- you are not suppose to call anyone a fool-- God Bless the idiot who started this fake thread.
WOW--- Not only read it I have a much better understanding of it then you do.
I was using the term fool in the Greek variation of "moros" (moron). What you and the Bible refer to is the Hebrew form "moreh". Moreh is a Hebrew term denoting rebellion against God. Two totally different words and two totally different meanings. Get yourself an English/Hebrew conjoined Bible and study harder.
Black Friday

Hopkinsville, KY

#15 Dec 9, 2013
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for those kind words!
ummm

Madisonville, KY

#16 Dec 9, 2013
MCSO wrote:
What does "MCSO" stand for?
reeling in

Hopkinsville, KY

#17 Dec 10, 2013
rude wrote:
Just because someone fell for a ridiculous joke doesn't mean they're idiots or fools. It's the holiday season and thankfully there are people in this county that had the right mindset to help if in fact there had been a family in need. It's not like its that far fetched that there would be many needy an or homeless families in this county.
Here is the question other than post here what did anyone actually do or even attempt to do for this "family"? Easy to post here but nobody even attempted to do more than that did they? Break's my heart poor little fella studying in the cold like that..........maybe the fool that started this fake thread had two objectives with it? Might not be the fool here!
smart

Greenville, KY

#18 Dec 10, 2013
reeling in wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the question other than post here what did anyone actually do or even attempt to do for this "family"? Easy to post here but nobody even attempted to do more than that did they? Break's my heart poor little fella studying in the cold like that..........maybe the fool that started this fake thread had two objectives with it? Might not be the fool here!
Actually I said on here that I did drive through and did not see the family, the thought of it being statues never crossed my mind. So yes someone did try to help. Wasted my time apparently.
ummm

Madisonville, KY

#19 Dec 10, 2013
reeling in wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the question other than post here what did anyone actually do or even attempt to do for this "family"? Easy to post here but nobody even attempted to do more than that did they? Break's my heart poor little fella studying in the cold like that..........maybe the fool that started this fake thread had two objectives with it? Might not be the fool here!
"If" said they looked for them. I just hope this post doesn't stop people from trying to help others who really need help. Someone might think it is just another prank. Fact is, a lot of people that posted or read this have no idea what statues some are speaking of. There was no need to attempt to degrade those with good intentions. Some people are ruthless and love a laugh even at others expense. Merry Christmas to all and May God bless and keep you.
ynot

Norfolk, VA

#20 Dec 10, 2013
I lived in greenville for awhile i seen alot of crap a child should never see its not their fault most of their family are drug addicits not saying that this family are i live in NORFOLK VA. i see alot off homeless every day some dont want a better life ..some do.. somebody said send them to HOPTOWN ..WHY YOU DONT WANT HOMELESSNESS IN YOUR FAIR CITY.get the hell off your ass and help these people everybody thats homeless is NOT a drug addictor alcholic some people just have a bad break and even their parents are SCHUM THATS NO REASON FOR THESE LITTLE GUYS NOT TO HAVE A CHRISTMAS. IM COMING HOME CHRISTMAS IM A WELDER AT THE NAVAL SHIPYARD I WILL HELP THESE PEOPLE IF THEY ARE STILL THERE..DO YOU BELIEVE IN KARMA...I DO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blakelyn Groves 7 hr wku 4
keaton jones 7 hr ??? 1
Monica Keith 14 hr Key 39
Best car Body shops 16 hr LAN 14
keto Mon big red 1
Walter Stanley Singleton (Jan '12) Mon Knows 6
You're all a bunch of pansies. (Dec '11) Mon looking for hanna... 10

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance