what

Greenville, KY

#43 Apr 24, 2014
^^^
Are you a fool or just plain ignorant? The kids had no business being in there period. It dosent matter if it was an accident or not. Maybe the arson charge is a little too rough, but these kids need more than a slap on the wrist and sending them on their way. Really. And they need more than an ass whoppin and hopefully the parents will be charged as well. It may have been them but guess what, the kids are underaged. Wouldn't the parents be responsible as well?? And I can do hagtags to.#beatthatass
pathetic

Central City, KY

#44 Apr 24, 2014
Kitkat wrote:
<quoted text> this will b investigated more than the fire that took the mother and 8 children !!!!! Know that !!!
Sad, but you're probably right.
sitstill

Greenville, KY

#46 Apr 24, 2014
Please stop bashing this 9 yr old child. Please stop bashing his parents. I know this child. He is a sweet sweet child. Never hurt anyone. He shares his afternoon snacks with his neighborhood friends. He wants to grow up and "help people". Now he is terrified. All he wanted to do was find some wood for his club house. It is his fault for trespassing and flicking a lighter he found. Not even an adult could have expected an explosion! That warehouse was a danger to the community. Now the EPA is involved. By the way..he was 10 seconds from death. Thank God they are not planning his funeral.
tdog

Cadiz, KY

#48 Apr 24, 2014
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree they put peoples lives in danger. People's homes in danger . But criminal charges is taking this a bit to far! They will b disciplined rest assured on that one . They can't store what we they want in there. Is against fire codes and building codes. There is a reason for fire and building codes. The zoning on the building and ect... Those laws are in place for a reason. It's cause it poses a potential danger to everyone nearby . This is a residential area. Not factory or industrial.
the building was built 1890.therewas no houses people.hre was no zones.but res. areas are becoming commeral more and more. its not uncommon.IT WAS THERE FIRST PEOPLE
tdog

Cadiz, KY

#49 Apr 24, 2014
sure wasnt our fault.take responceabilty for their actions.kids trespass plays with lighter probally smoking and now its the buildings fault.give me a break please
I knoe

Bowling Green, KY

#50 Apr 24, 2014
The parents were at Wal=Mart there just sayin
names

Madisonville, KY

#51 Apr 24, 2014
Who were the kids? Or parents? Names???
Anonymous

Central City, KY

#52 Apr 25, 2014
To all that have commented on the fire, Where are the christians in this county, if you made a negative comment about these kids, how can you judge someone are you God Now. I live in a house that was effected by the fire.I have lived here in 95-02 and all the neighbors had been complaining about this not secured building for over 30 years. It was a fire trap then, and no one cared until the fire.I know that I have heard stories about that bldg since the fire, too many ages 50 - 17 have told stories about the building.Bldg has had too many owners and no accountability for contents.
Kitkat

United States

#53 Apr 25, 2014
That building should have been boarded up a long time ago .
HazMat

Paducah, KY

#54 May 2, 2014
Doesn't matter if the kids were trespassing. Doesn't matter if they had a lighter. The questions everyone should ask is; why were there hazardous material just sitting around, leaking into our environment? Was there a secondary containment around the hazardous materials so they didn't leak out? You CAN NOT store hazard material any where you damn well please. If what I have read here in the comments is true, then the real person to blame would be the owner of the building. Quit being stupid people. The stuff should never have been placed there to begin with.
Blah

Madisonville, KY

#55 May 10, 2014
Whatever happened to the kids that started it?
Really

Ashburn, VA

#56 May 13, 2014
sitstill wrote:
Please stop bashing this 9 yr old child. Please stop bashing his parents. I know this child. He is a sweet sweet child. Never hurt anyone. He shares his afternoon snacks with his neighborhood friends. He wants to grow up and "help people". Now he is terrified. All he wanted to do was find some wood for his club house. It is his fault for trespassing and flicking a lighter he found. Not even an adult could have expected an explosion! That warehouse was a danger to the community. Now the EPA is involved. By the way..he was 10 seconds from death. Thank God they are not planning his funeral.
Agree! The building should have been secured. Children are curious to say the least. They made a bad choice/decision. Should they or their parents be charged with a felony? Absolutely not!!! What is wrong with the Law/investors in Kentucky? I read a post earlier...... regarding this accident....I also agree with. This fire will probably be investigated more thoroughly than the last horrific fire that took 9 lives!!! Let's not make these children a scapegoat for previous mistakes/lack of experience/ or whatever did or didn't/should have/ etc. Be thankful no one was hurt.
smh

Greenville, KY

#57 May 13, 2014
I'm sure they will check out this fire good and press charges on the kids but somebody like Watson they will just give him money and everything he needs and pat him on the back and tell him congrats on his new marriage
Really

Ashburn, VA

#58 May 13, 2014
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree they put peoples lives in danger. People's homes in danger . But criminal charges is taking this a bit to far! They will b disciplined rest assured on that one . They can't store what we they want in there. Is against fire codes and building codes. There is a reason for fire and building codes. The zoning on the building and ect... Those laws are in place for a reason. It's cause it poses a potential danger to everyone nearby . This is a residential area. Not factory or industrial.
Thank You! I agree! They were children. Don't blame children for adults mistakes. I'm not making excuses for the child. They should be appropriately disciplined. A felony? Absolutely not...
Really

Ashburn, VA

#59 May 13, 2014
smh wrote:
I'm sure they will check out this fire good and press charges on the kids but somebody like Watson they will just give him money and everything he needs and pat him on the back and tell him congrats on his new marriage
Bingo!!! You get it completely! Doesn't make sense.
Really

Ashburn, VA

#60 May 13, 2014
smh wrote:
Amazing isn't it. Kid's in Kentucky get capital punishment or the death penalty for adults ignorance! 8 dead.... these 3? Felony for life.... cccccrrrrrraaaaaazzzzzzyyyyy.
Really

Ashburn, VA

#61 May 13, 2014
Where are all the Watson defenders? They of all people should be on the front line defending these children! Why should these children be criminally charged ? Ignorance vs Stupid?......... or..... Innocence vs Evil? Same thing in my opinion.
allrightythen

Greenville, KY

#62 May 17, 2014
Greenville officials have decided to go through with a TRIAL on the 3rd grader.! It's like taking an infant to trial. He doesn't even comprehend it.The older brother at age 12 will stand trial as well..and although he understands more of it..he wasn't even in the building with the two younger ones..just outside the building..don't even know why he's been charged. I was there.They say Greenville wants restitution. Everyone has collected off the insurances..they may come after the parents for money but you can't get blood out of a turnip.any money collected from the parents will definitely take food out if these children's mouths. Seriously. As far as the kids go..they have been grounded to their own yard for the rest of the summer. They were not beaten like so many people wanted them to be...but they have lost most privileges. The 3rd grader has nightmares. It was an accident folks..the children did not "build" a fire..they flicked a lighter and all 3 boys said the "air" caught on fire..well that's because of the chemicals fumes in there. Officials removed the leaking barrels with hazmat containers..the ones that didn't blow up. Had it been 10 more seconds these children would have been Dead. But since they are alive Greenville will trial them now. Trespassing was at fault. They should be put on community service..like cleaning up the parks every weekend or something. Of course that's dangerous too as the parks have empty spray paint cans laying around..I suppose from druggies huffing them. I wonder what people will think when they put this 3rd grader on the stand.
Waaaaa

Elizabethtown, KY

#63 May 17, 2014
Boohoo. Cry me a river.
allrightythen

Greenville, KY

#64 May 17, 2014
Is "waaaa" a child on here? Boo hoo? I hope children are not on this site. I know its a opinion site..and people git all kinds of opinions..so if you see something offensive its expected but the waaa, and boo hooo is kinda strange. Honestly I posted to see opinions of the subject at hand..whether good or bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carrie Nelson 3 hr Enough 1
Mitch Latham "Cowboy" 3 hr Seriously now wtf 185
cheer leading? 17 hr lexi 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 21 hr Patriot 588
Cyndi latham 22 hr She is smarter th... 2
Girlfriend wants to go to prom with her guy friend May 24 Chic 13
Jeremy lee sweeney May 23 Jls 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages