Help Writing Script
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NYC Screenwriter

Flushing, NY

#1 Feb 23, 2014
I'm a filmmaker in New York and I'm writing a script that is set in Muhlenberg. It deals with the problems with meth in the county. I would love to hear stories and accounts that anyone would love to share. I'm also needing help with some local dialogue. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
schizo

United States

#3 Feb 24, 2014
I'm toothless, plucked my eye brows off, parents disowned me, just got divorced, lost my kids and contrary to popular belief, It doesn't give me enough energy to clean the outside and inside of my house, only enough to dissect crap in my garage for days, therefore, I live in a run down shack and make my neighbors' nice homes, look like trash...intrigued? All stories will end the same bub...guaranteed
NYC Screenwriter

Flushing, NY

#4 Mar 9, 2014
Well since I haven't gotten any helpful responses to my first question, I'll ask a second one: Are there any real bad trailer parks in Muhlenberg? The plan is come there sometime this summer to scout some places to draw upon for inspiration. Any help would be great. Thanks. Oh and if it helps I grew up in Muhlenberg for 18 years.
yeah

Russellville, KY

#6 Mar 9, 2014
Well I don't know about bad trailer parks because not all dope heads live in trailers. I wish you'd mention all the people missing, large part due to drugs. Scotty Bryant? Cisco Duncan? Use this to actually HELP this county, not make us look like complete dirtbags.
question

Central City, KY

#7 Mar 10, 2014
Is your last name Adams?

A friend of mine that had a great life lost everything and killed himself because of crank. It's not just people in trailers that become addicted although before the end it seems most end up in one. He did.
There was a nurse at MCH that recently got fired that was on crank. That person didn't get fired for a positive drug test, but the reasons for the firing were because of the effects of the crank.

Also if you wanna find people on crank out in the open and not hiding inside trailers, go to Wal-Mart between the 1st-5th of every month. You'll see the real walking dead. And no that doesn't mean everyone at Wal-Mart during that period is on crank or govt assistance. I just mean that's when people that are tend to go there the most.
NYC Screenwriter

Long Island City, NY

#8 Mar 10, 2014
Last name is Powell.

My screenplay does deal with missing people but not about an actual person.

I want to include the good things about the county as well...the coal mining, the tobacco farmers, the hardworking people but I'm using the part of the county that most people do not want to talk about and that is the issue of meth and the deadly cycle that it has on the community.
Lucifer's wife

Madison, TN

#9 Mar 11, 2014
NYC Screenwriter wrote:
Last name is Powell.

My screenplay does deal with missing people but not about an actual person.

I want to include the good things about the county as well...the coal mining, the tobacco farmers, the hardworking people but I'm using the part of the county that most people do not want to talk about and that is the issue of meth and the deadly cycle that it has on the community.
What's ur real purpose for this post, Powell? U needn't come her for families on drugs, missing and hard working folks, or run down trailer parks...this is everywhere, my friend. Why don't u expose the corrupt folks in that beautiful courthouse...that would b a best seller...sh!t happens that would give u far better nightmares than a meth family in a one room, run down trailer with 7 dirty a$$ kids running around naked and parents who don't even know they exist!!
NYC Screenwriter

Flushing, NY

#11 Mar 13, 2014
I didn't say all people in trailers are crackheads. I'm writing a movie script, something called a work of fiction. I don't know how to say it any more elementary than that. I wanted to hear some accounts to help in the writing process. I'm not sure why you used quotes on my name but rest assured that is my last name. I'm Kenneth Powell who graduated from Muhlenberg South in 1998. I lived on Weir Rd. till I was 18. So I do know there are meth addicts in the county.
soo

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Mar 15, 2014
You want to look for all of the run down places in the county? You're not interested in the decent places? Not interested in the beautiful countryside or all the upscale neighborhoods? The well kept gorgeous Victorian style homes that give this place character or the history here? Contrary to popular belief we aren't all strung out junkies. A lot of us work hard and have nice clean homes and lovely children. And some of don't have children. We're also not all on welfare or receiving child support checks or any type of government assistance. It seems like a lot of people fail to realize that this problem is everywhere, not just here. There are places that have bigger problems than we do. I just think it's a shame that some bad apples ruined the reputation of this place. I've lived here all my life and there are some really sweet generous(not to mention good looking) people around here. But if you MUST look for the dumps please try the hospital in Greenville.
NYC Screenwriter

Flushing, NY

#13 Mar 15, 2014
God damn I swear some of you don't know how read or comprehend.
Lucifer's wife

United States

#15 Mar 17, 2014
Get busy writing and quit worrying about why I put quotation marks around ur name
Lucifer's wife

United States

#16 Mar 17, 2014
And if ur from Muhlenberg county then u should know the majority of us can't read or comprehend
RTA

Greenville, KY

#17 Mar 17, 2014
You may find the local law enforcement agencies to be a good source of information.
hometown

Hopkinsville, KY

#18 Mar 18, 2014
Sorry Kenneth that you have received the kind of reaction you have from all the negative people. I understand you were just looking for sources for your script. However 90% of the people who comment on here are the very reason Muhl has such a bad name. Contact other sources, law enforcement, libraries, schools, newspapers and agencies such as these might be a better source. All you will get from this site is negative people that make our county's reputation questionable.
Lucifer's wife

Madison, TN

#19 Mar 18, 2014
hometown wrote:
Sorry Kenneth that you have received the kind of reaction you have from all the negative people. I understand you were just looking for sources for your script. However 90% of the people who comment on here are the very reason Muhl has such a bad name. Contact other sources, law enforcement, libraries, schools, newspapers and agencies such as these might be a better source. All you will get from this site is negative people that make our county's reputation questionable.
And ur comment explains y u r on topix...if all negativity is derived from this site then y r u on it?! Ur an idiot and the idiot that posted on this site knows exactly what kind of site it is!
hometown

Hopkinsville, KY

#20 Mar 18, 2014
[QUOTE who="Lucifer's wife"]<quoted text>And ur comment explains y u r on topix...if all negativity is derived from this site then y r u on it?! Ur an idiot and the idiot that posted on this site knows exactly what kind of site it is![/QUOTE]

I like to surf this site occasionally just to remind me how stupid ignore people like YOU enjoy bashing our county and showing their lack of intelligence. It's a shame you like to criticize anything on here even when this guy ask for help. You are a pathetic example of what Muhlenberg is all about. I'm happy to say most of this county is not like you but I guess it makes you feel good to get on here and complain or criticize others. If you can't say something good or positive than keep your mouth shut and your negative thoughts to yourself.
Lucifer's wife

Madison, TN

#21 Mar 19, 2014
Hush up and work
True

Bloomington, IL

#22 Mar 19, 2014
What do you get when you have 32 residents from Muhlenberg in the same room?

A full set of teeth.
True

Bloomington, IL

#23 Mar 19, 2014
Two people from Muhlenberg are walking down different ends of a street toward each other, and one is carrying a sack. When they meet, one says, "Hey Tommy Ray, what'cha got in th' bag?"

"Jus' some chickens."

"If I guesses how many they are, can I have one?"

"Shoot, ya guesses right and I'll give you both of them."

"OK. Ummmmm ... five?"
True

Bloomington, IL

#24 Mar 19, 2014
Q: Why couldn't the baby Jesus be born in Muhlenberg Kentucky?

A: Because they couldn't find 3 wise men or a virgin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Know of any places hiring in the county? 5 hr Old but Nice 16
Need a good plumber!!!! Mon angelbrownkat 6
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) Jul 5 amazed 655
Local Police Body Cameras Jul 5 Curious 11
Saturdays on the Square Jul 4 Music Lover 1
pink slipped trachers? Jul 4 Teacher 12
Muhlenberg County Social Services Jul 1 FLORIDA GIRL 8
More from around the web

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE