Madison, TN

#1 May 22, 2014
Did Dogwood Lake open for this summer ?
old man snoring

Central City, KY

#2 May 22, 2014
lynn wrote:
Did Dogwood Lake open for this summer ?
I hear the grand opening is this weekend.
lynn

Madison, TN

#3 May 22, 2014
Thanks !
upurs

Cadiz, KY

#4 May 23, 2014
I heard they closed a few yrs. ago because the snakes were so bad.Wonder if they have taken care of the problem?
lucifer

Bowling Green, KY

#5 May 23, 2014
upurs wrote:
I heard they closed a few yrs. ago because the snakes were so bad.Wonder if they have taken care of the problem?
Snakes? I thought it was mercury contamination in the water.
staff

Madisonville, KY

#6 May 23, 2014
No snakes and water was pumped out and trucked in
upurs

Cadiz, KY

#7 May 24, 2014
staff wrote:
So how did the water get mercury in it?What are the implications of that?
wow

Madison, TN

#8 May 24, 2014
staff wrote:
Must have taken several hundred trips with pretty big tankers to fill a lake.......
and

Madison, TN

#9 May 24, 2014
staff wrote:
Where was the water pumped out to? If it was bad enough to pump out, it surely had to be pumped into HazMat containers and properly disposed of. That amount would cost several million dollars to dispose of properly. Just saying.
wondering

United States

#10 May 24, 2014
People are always starting shit just be happy someone is trying to open something good for kids instead of bashing and saying shit you don't know to be true
very happy

Madison, TN

#11 May 24, 2014
wondering wrote:
People are always starting shit just be happy someone is trying to open something good for kids instead of bashing and saying shit you don't know to be true
I am very happy that it is opening up. Loved going there as a teen and now my family can enjoy it. I was just pulling the BS card on the persons post who says they work there.
personally

Madison, TN

#12 May 27, 2014
Lake Venus is 10 times better. They have well water continuously being circulated. Dogwood lakes alright but all in all honesty its just a old farm pond they converted. I enjoy water period no matter what kind but lake Venus is my pick.
wrong

Central City, KY

#13 May 27, 2014
personally wrote:
Lake Venus is 10 times better. They have well water continuously being circulated. Dogwood lakes alright but all in all honesty its just a old farm pond they converted. I enjoy water period no matter what kind but lake Venus is my pick.
Not a converted pond. It was dug, and yes I was there. Used to drive through there about every day as it was being built in the mid 80s
lynn

Madison, TN

#14 May 27, 2014
We drove to Dogwood Lake this weekend . Looks pretty good. We go to Dogwood to have a nice camping experience. We also swim too. I believe all you can do at Lake Venus is swim not camp unless it has changed.
personally

United States

#15 Jun 3, 2014
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a converted pond. It was dug, and yes I was there. Used to drive through there about every day as it was being built in the mid 80s
thanks for ur feedback.
I was born in 89 so I wasn't around for construction of original dogwood lake. Even though dogwood was dug to serve purpose of recreation the quality of the water isn't close to lake Venus. The constantly circulating well water makes Venus much more refreshing on hot day. Lake V's waters cleaner crisper with a irresistible tint of blue. Even in the late 90's I thought dogwood lake had a stagnate look about it. the entry fee at dogwood was always higher than Lake V. As a child I visited both regularly, thought it silly dogwood had a campground, may as well pitch a tent in backyard. The older I got the more I preferred lake v.

are they bringing back the rides? I'd love to see the place operating in original fashion.
D-Bo

United States

#16 Jun 6, 2014
Blah blah blah, well water, blah

Dogwood lake in the 90's was the place to be. It's a shame they didn't keep it up & going.
lynn

Bowling Green, KY

#17 Jun 6, 2014
Well it seems to be fine now :))
whatitis

Gilbertsville, KY

#18 Jun 6, 2014
Harold use to take good care of dogwood back in the day. I got some pretty awesome memories from dogwood lake. It was the place to be in the summertime. I would love to see it up and running again on full tilt!!
Rrrrr

Lewisburg, KY

#19 Jun 8, 2014
Hope they have fireworks on the 4th of July like they use to.
personally

United States

#20 Jun 9, 2014
That's right well water. When its 99 degrees and dogwood feels like bath tub of water I'll be sayin told ya so!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new BBall coach / teacher hired 1 hr SMH 2
Rotating trees 16 hr tree hugger 3
Utility tax Mon putthatinyourpipe 9
electrician Sun MisterMr 2
pink slipped trachers? Jul 30 Curious 14
job corp Jul 30 ifurserious 2
Know of any places hiring in the county? Jul 30 UMWA Destroyed co... 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages