selling my drum kit

Since: Nov 11

United States

#1 Nov 12, 2013
Anybody know any drummers wanting to buy a kit?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#2 Nov 14, 2013
What brand, how many pieces, how much?

United States

#3 Nov 24, 2013
-Gretsch Energy 5-PC Double Bass (iron cobra pedals)
-zildjian ZBT cymbals (14" hi hat, 16" crash, 18" crash, 20" ride, 18" China)
-evans g1 and g2 drum heads (snare head needs replaced)

$1500 total invested in it

Make me an offer
Maybe

Dunmor, KY

#4 Nov 24, 2013
ihr148 wrote:
-Gretsch Energy 5-PC Double Bass (iron cobra pedals)
-zildjian ZBT cymbals (14" hi hat, 16" crash, 18" crash, 20" ride, 18" China)
-evans g1 and g2 drum heads (snare head needs replaced)
$1500 total invested in it
Make me an offer
You have pics? I wouldn't want the ZBT's. Would you sell just the kit and pedals? What type of snare?

United States

#5 Nov 24, 2013
It depends on how much you'd take for the kit. And its a stock snare, came with the kit. And I can send you a picture, what's your number?
Maybe

Dunmor, KY

#6 Nov 26, 2013
You would pay me to take it??? Sweet!!!! It books for $699. It's also not a double bass I'm assuming. Single bass with double pedal.? If it's in good shape with little to no scratches I would probably offer you $300. That's just the drums. BUT, I did some research and the reviews on this kit are not all that great. I've never owned that brand and that's what got me interested. I'll pass on it but $300 for the drums only would be a good starting price in case your wondering. If you sell the drums and cymbals separate, you will make more $$. Try EBay or Craigslist. You'll have much better luck there.
Yep

Greenville, KY

#7 Nov 26, 2013
Maybe wrote:
You would pay me to take it??? Sweet!!!! It books for $699. It's also not a double bass I'm assuming. Single bass with double pedal.? If it's in good shape with little to no scratches I would probably offer you $300. That's just the drums. BUT, I did some research and the reviews on this kit are not all that great. I've never owned that brand and that's what got me interested. I'll pass on it but $300 for the drums only would be a good starting price in case your wondering. If you sell the drums and cymbals separate, you will make more $$. Try EBay or Craigslist. You'll have much better luck there.
Yeah 700 for the drums new, 370 for the cymbals new, and the rest prolly is close to 1500 in it but it's used and there's so many on the market you have to knock at least 50% off the asking price. If it's all in decent shape I'd say 700 for it all would be a fair price don't you agree?
Jerry Rudd

Greenville, KY

#9 Nov 27, 2013
If it was a Gretsch Catalina Series it would be worth a little more. You have to get into the Renown, Brooklyn, Or USA Custom series in Gretsch before it holds any decent value, I have owned 3 Gretsch kits. They are the best drums made!!!
HaHa

Dunmor, KY

#10 Nov 28, 2013
Jerry Rudd wrote:
If it was a Gretsch Catalina Series it would be worth a little more. You have to get into the Renown, Brooklyn, Or USA Custom series in Gretsch before it holds any decent value, I have owned 3 Gretsch kits. They are the best drums made!!!
Now.. Even though I've never owned a gretsch, I've played one. I wouldn't go as far as saying "the best drums made". I have a Pearl Masters Maple and a Tama Starclassic Birch and the Tama sounds more powerful than the Pearl but the Maple has a much smoother sound. Try out some custom drums. Taye, SIC, Truth, etc.... Those kits have any commercial drums put to shame. To each their own I guess.
Jerry Rudd

Greenville, KY

#11 Nov 28, 2013
HaHa wrote:
<quoted text>
Now.. Even though I've never owned a gretsch, I've played one. I wouldn't go as far as saying "the best drums made". I have a Pearl Masters Maple and a Tama Starclassic Birch and the Tama sounds more powerful than the Pearl but the Maple has a much smoother sound. Try out some custom drums. Taye, SIC, Truth, etc.... Those kits have any commercial drums put to shame. To each their own I guess.
Pearl is the worst of all brands, I had a pearl kit once and the snare drum was the worst thing i had ever heard in my life, Gretsch, Ludwig, DW, Yamaha, And Pork Pie, are the best 5 drums ever made, Tama went downhill after they quit making the Granstar line, Those were the best Tama drums made.

United States

#12 Nov 29, 2013
Everything is in great shape. Almost new id say. But the snare head needs replaced but that's only like what $30? And I'd be happy with $700, I'm just trying to get enough to switch to electronic drums. And the $350, I could get better deals at guitar center, and they're terrible to sell to.

And you don't have to have two bass drums to have a double bass. Just as long as you have rhythm which is kinda mandatory to drum. And I've not had one issue out of this kit and in my opinion sounds great
Funny Guy

Owensboro, KY

#13 Dec 25, 2013
Jerry Rudd wrote:
<quoted text>Pearl is the worst of all brands, I had a pearl kit once and the snare drum was the worst thing i had ever heard in my life, Gretsch, Ludwig, DW, Yamaha, And Pork Pie, are the best 5 drums ever made, Tama went downhill after they quit making the Granstar line, Those were the best Tama drums made.
This is funny. Mr. Jerry Rudd needs to do his research. First, everyone is going to have their own favorite brand of drums. But to call Pearl the worst drums is a little harsh. Pearl makes very good drums. Especially the Masters Series. Tama makes great drums. When they discontinued the Granstar line, which wasn't that great, they upped their game. They build some of the toughest and best sounding drums made by a commercial line. I agree with HaHa. Now Mr. Jerry Rudd, I will agree with you on the brands you chose to like, but they are not the best drums ever make. Especially DW. Way over priced for what they provide. Actually, every brand you mentioned is way over priced EXCEPT for Yamaha. They provide what you pay for. I have been playing for over 20 years and have played on almost every brand. The BEST and these custom drum companies out there. As HaHa stated...Taye, SIC, Truth, Pork Pie, etc.... Those are truly "Custom Drums". Oh, and Mr. Rudd.....TRUE drummers don't hate on other drums. There is one love for all brands. Just a difference of opinion. Ask any real musician.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How are things with Ricky Keith and his little ... 5 hr tyler keith 12
Mitch Latham "cowboy" 7 hr Jimmy H 66
rikibeth 17 hr David 6
Tabby Callahan 19 hr David 14
Michelle 20 hr Friend247 1
Tiffany miller (May '14) Sun Laura 47
Happy Fathers Day (Jun '14) Sun anonymous 102
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages