Comments
1 - 20 of 52 Comments Last updated Apr 23, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fed up

United States

#1 Mar 1, 2012
What has happen to our country. I'm so sick and tired paying for these girls having babies,.not married,living with father of baby. Father good paying job. Reason don't get married the mother gets free,free,free,stuff,food stamp,medical card, diapers,education,(if they think want it) What's happen morals and Birth control.
Uhm

Greenville, KY

#2 Mar 1, 2012
I'm so sick and tired of listening to uneducated people...
Please

Washington, DC

#3 Mar 1, 2012
Fed up I think your folks should have used birth control. At least checked into some free education for you.
HIPPA

Washington, DC

#4 Mar 1, 2012
Fed up wrote:
What has happen to our country. I'm so sick and tired paying for these girls having babies,.not married,living with father of baby. Father good paying job. Reason don't get married the mother gets free,free,free,stuff,food stamp,medical card, diapers,education,(if they think want it) What's happen morals and Birth control.
Idiot. How about you do something constructive? I'm so tired of people like you being "tired"... I'd be willing to bet you don't vote? Write your congressman NOT Topix.
haha

Washington, DC

#5 Mar 1, 2012
They wouldn't be able to understand their ass
Iamone

Greenville, KY

#6 Mar 1, 2012
I am an unwed mother and one of many!!! Its not the 20sI anymore where ppl were ppl were hanged for having sex before wedlock. Im sure st one point of your life you have committed fornication. And for your information, my boyfriend works in the mines so I CAN be a stay at home mom.
Well

Providence, KY

#7 Mar 1, 2012
Iamone wrote:
I am an unwed mother and one of many!!! Its not the 20sI anymore where ppl were ppl were hanged for having sex before wedlock. Im sure st one point of your life you have committed fornication. And for your information, my boyfriend works in the mines so I CAN be a stay at home mom.
Then you are the exact kind of person the original poster was talking about. I believe we have an answer.
As for the original posters question of what happened; politicians said to some people needing help "if you vote for me, I'll take care of you.". When people saw others getting free stuff they said, "hey where's my free stuff?". So the politicians said "vote for us, and you'll get some too.". Now 50 years later, only 50% of the country pays into the system. While there are some people that truly need help, it is those that are scamming the system that cause the trouble and make everyone look bad.
Point Made

Owensboro, KY

#8 Mar 1, 2012
Lamone...Just a personal question here... How many government checks/freebee's do you recieve? If the number is more than ZERO you just proved the point. The unwed mothers are PURPOSELY unwed so they can get more governement benefits.
lol

Washington, DC

#9 Mar 1, 2012
Point made that is not the case for alot of mothers there are tons of unwed mothers like myself that was married for years and is now divorced and I work and pay taxes everyday so yeah there may be some that "use" the system but there are a whole lot of us that DO NOT!!!
Iamone

Greenville, KY

#10 Mar 2, 2012
Actually, I get nothing free. Not wic. Not food stamps. Not a medical card. Why would I need a medical card for my chikd when my boyfriend has 100to percent insurance through his work!!!?? Or food stamps or wic when he makes 6000 dollars a month?? I don't!! So as far as you saying everything unwed mother is a piece pf trash, maybe you should get off your no good for nothing lazy fat ass and get a real job...bc you're probably one of those that DO live off the gov't. And as for me not working...I just had a baby!!! I also have a 6 year college education w a bachelors of science in nursing!!! And u worked as a nicu nurse before I had my baby!!! And will be going back in a few short months...that way ny family can br making 11000 dollars a month...which ks probably what you gross all damn year!!!
Iamone

Greenville, KY

#11 Mar 2, 2012
Andddd to clear it up, we are getting married in may :) we didn't want to get married while I was pregnant bc I didn't wanna look like a fat ass in my wedding gown. And no while I was pregnant I didn't receive any kind of help besides my INSURANCE from my JOB!!!
Question

Powderly, KY

#12 Mar 2, 2012
When you file your taxes do you claim head of household and receive the unearned income tax credit? If not I applaud you, but if you do then you are doing the exact same thing that "Fed up" was speaking about.
Iamone

Greenville, KY

#13 Mar 2, 2012
I put in taxes and I get them back. What I file as in none of your damn business.
actually

United States

#14 Mar 2, 2012
Lamone you are one of the few who actually has done something with their life and not wed just because you were pregnant. I think it's stupid to marry someone just because you have a child with them. Some people are young and make mistakes and I mostly blame that on the parents. There are way to many little kids pregnant here recently though. I am pregnant with my first child and look 17 so I have rude comments made to me also. However, I am 23, married, and do not receive any assistants from the government. My husband and myself both have jobs.
lol

United States

#15 Mar 2, 2012
There is no suck thing as UNearned Income Credit. It's Earned Income Credit also known as EIC!
Iamone

Bowie, MD

#16 Mar 2, 2012
TThanks actually. I didn't wanna be one of those that married bc of pregnancy. And lol--i was thinking the same thing. And you only get EARNED income credit when u have a child and don't make much money. I hate to say it, but 12000I dollars a month is too much money to be granted EIC
amy

Paducah, KY

#17 Mar 2, 2012
Iamone wrote:
TThanks actually. I didn't wanna be one of those that married bc of pregnancy. And lol--i was thinking the same thing. And you only get EARNED income credit when u have a child and don't make much money. I hate to say it, but 12000I dollars a month is too much money to be granted EIC
Well if the skanky ass men around here would take responsibility for their unprotected penis shooting off in a different girl every night and settle down then maybe there would not be unwed mothers!
Point Made

Owensboro, KY

#18 Mar 2, 2012
Lamone...didn't mean to offend, I'm proud of ya for doing it on your own without the gov help. What I was saying was there are ALOT of unwed mothers who stay unwed because if they actually got married they would lose their checks. What I said was IF your number of handouts is above zero you proved the point. Obviously your number of hand-outs is zero. Thanks for that. Wish more was like you.
Posterchild

Russellville, KY

#19 Mar 2, 2012
North Carolina had it right when they would sterilize Medicaid mothers at birth Feds shut that program down. If the government would offer all Medicaid mothers $1000.00 at birth to be sterilized the welfare problem would be solved in about 20 years. 99% of the time the poor only breed more poor.
rush

United States

#20 Mar 2, 2012
Sounds like a bunch of bone head republican to me. Not worried about any of the these girl having a hard time. All there worried about is tax breaks or paying no taxes at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min RealTalkwithEdHie... 2,114
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 16 min dummy 1,049
chad watson 16 min whatthewhat 8
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min idk 151,481
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 2 hr BIG_STEVIE 467
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr Republicans Are S... 16,150
Chantel Monique 2 hr RubThoseTits 1
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) 21 hr GMC 275
•••
Greenville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greenville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••