'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
GOTP

Woburn, MA

#177272 Sep 3, 2014
Saddam was an American CIA asset

We turned him over to Iraq for them to do what with him? HAng him, and we knew they would before we turned him over!

Waterboarding = Torture
Enhanced Interogation = Torture
Number of people killed in GITMO = 8
Number suspected as dying from that torture = 3

It's great idiots think the US is never ever at fault for anything but guess what idiots...we've played a very big part in all of this!!!!!

And when we approve of torture by not holding those who did it accountable, it gets turned on us. There's even a name for it, "Blow Back" is what it's called!!!!

Now call me an America hater cause I pointed out a few facts for you!!!! As if I GAS what YOU think!!!

"John Dean August 30th, 2014 at 4:58 pm
In response to spocko @ 114 (show text)

Nixon served in the South Pacific during WWII, and was familiar with the horrors of Japanese torture, so I cannot believe he would have lowered the USA to tolerate such horrific behavior. With foreign policy, Nixon seemed to understand what today we call “blow-back” and that by our engaging in torture he would expose Americans soldiers (if not all Americans) to torture, just as we are seeing with Americans being captured by ISIL.

Bush/Cheney have subjected any and every American kidnapped or captured to torture by the likes of ISIL. It is a decision that is going to haunt us and the world for untold decades."

"It is a decision that is going to haunt us and the world for untold decades."

So welcome to untold decades worth of hell dumbfck!!!!!!!

http://www.spockosbrain.com/2014/09/02/nixon-...

Of course we all know the world according to Teahadist only began on January 6th 2009!!!
Dale

Wichita, KS

#177273 Sep 3, 2014
GOTP

Woburn, MA

#177274 Sep 3, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say they ALL were extremist murderers. I said they all believe the same as per the book of Allah. To me that means they condone the behavior on behalf of his teachings. They do not speak out against what they know is going on over there. For one they dare not, and for two they must agree with these teachings or they are not true Muslims.
Have you ever read or heard a Muslim say, I am a Muslim but I don't believe everything they teach? If you've heard this post it, because their law allows no middle ground. Your either in or out.
Maybe somebody on here could elaborate for us?
Well surely you don't expect to see any on Faux Snews do you Jay?!?!?!

They're around, you prefer not to see them of course.

"Muslim Peace Coalitions Positions
We actively oppose war
We repeatedly condemn terrorism
We fight Islamophobia
And to do that we stand with those who stand with us
In coalition with peace, labor & interfaith movements
In a peaceful struggle for civil & human rights for all

This one even has a "protest fox" page...

http://muslimpeacecoalition.org/protest-fox.p...
GOTP

Woburn, MA

#177275 Sep 3, 2014
Here's what you find on Faux Snews...

"Wow. Sean Hannity is on a roll. Not content to settle for his numerous exclusive interviews earlier this year with bigoted deadbeat crackpot Cliven Bundy, not content to settle for taking border tour selfies with indicted Texas Gov. Rick Perry, and not content to settle for defending the execution of pregnant teenage burglars, Hannity is now turning to the flowing beard of Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson for wisdom on how to handle "The Rise of Radical Islam."
Such wisdom as:

"Duck Dynasty" patriarch Phil Robertson put forward a strategy Tuesday for combating militants with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria: "convert them or kill them."
Hannity's reaction? To predict the media would unfairly label Robertson's "convert or kill" policy as extremist. I suppose to Hannity that view really is mainstream: After all, in his world, when Sarah Palin says waterboarding is a good thing because it's a forced baptism, heads nod.
So it's no surprise that Hannity would think a "convert or kill" approach makes total sense. And that, of course, is a view he shares with the evil fanatics who beheaded another journalist yesterday. It's just that Hannity would rather do it by pressing the button on a missile launcher, because that's more civilized."

"Convert or kill them"

Um, kinda exaclty what they are doing no?!??!!?

You Fundementalists are ALL THE SAME!!!!!!!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#177276 Sep 3, 2014
Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you that buy into these wars as protecting our freedom is the reason they continue. Nam was to protect us. We lost. So how is it 40 years later we are still free? No war since 1946 has ever been to protect our freedom. They are all BS and a waste.
We lost Nam for the same reason just as I have already said. Liberal in congress stopped the bombings from the B-52's that were shutting down the Ho Chi Min trail and supply routes......people like Kerry, Kennedy, Fonda and others gave aid and comfort to the enemy. The same happened with the MSM, Pink and other liberal outlets for Iraq as well.

Since: Jul 14

United States

#177277 Sep 3, 2014
JOE NASTY wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to see you make such nasty comments, to some ones face, maybe we should meet for coffee. If you're so damn pretty, why aren't you in Hollywood? You would fit perfectly. As for Serbs being ugly, they haven't had a cush, lazy lifestyle, such as you. They can't sit on Topix and post BS. BTW, YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH MITCH. Oh just look up sometime and maybe you'll see the difference between a contrail and a chemtrail. Go Serbs! Why don't we just have a Con, Lib war and find out, who would come out the winner. You wimps wouldn't stand a chance.
Thank you Joe!
What can I tell you, she found Muslim and Croats *Serb bashing club*. This is her kind of people. They post things so disgusting and so violent, but what do you want from her. She is really dumb and violent individual, at least here on topix. She is clueless and she know nothing about history and what my people endured under Croats in WWII ...
They were going to exterminate us just because we didn't want to convert to Catholicism. Muslim Turks did same, 500 years of slavery. Convert to Islam or die.We're as of today proud to say, Eastern Orthodox.

But, Serb ugly ...NO!!!!!
Mila Jovovich, movie star, here in U.S. or Catherine Oxenberg, soap Dynasty in 1980s...she is granddaughter of Serb Dynasty 'Karadjordjevich ...

Serbian people have nice white skin and girls are beautiful. Good mothers, wifes and very clean.

United States

#177279 Sep 3, 2014
Some how this link didn't work ...?????

United States

#177280 Sep 3, 2014
http://serbianna.com/news/archives/1317

Hope this one is working.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#177281 Sep 3, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't search for it, it was at the bottom of an article I was reading. And yes, it bothers me when grown men take out their hatred on little kids and babies. I have an 18 month old grand daughter who is the age of these babies being tortured and scared to death of these people. I know that babies that age are shy and scared around strangers some times. To think of the fear instilled in these infants and toddlers who are torn away from their mothers and handled roughly by butchers is sick beyond imagination, not to mention the pain instilled in them. And then they are butchered!
I have no use for anybody who declares themselves Muslim because they read the same book, follow the same laws and believe this BS Allah the maniac has brainwashed them with.! Period!
Hi Jay and Guys ...
Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday, as good as one could under the circumstances.

Agree and Amen !!!

~AL
Jay

New Salisbury, IN

#177282 Sep 3, 2014
GOTP wrote:
We turned him over to Iraq for them to do what with him? HAng him, and we knew they would before we turned him over!
Waterboarding = Torture
It's great idiots think the US is never ever at fault for anything but guess what idiots...we've played a very big part in all of this!!!!!
And when we approve of torture by not holding those who did it accountable, it gets turned on us. There's even a name for it, "Blow Back" is what it's called!!!!
Now call me an America hater cause I pointed out a few facts for you!!!! As if I GAS what YOU think!!!
Nixon served in the South Pacific during WWII, and was familiar with the horrors of Japanese torture, so I cannot believe he would have lowered the USA to tolerate such horrific behavior. With foreign policy, Nixon seemed to understand what today we call “blow-back” and that by our engaging in torture he would expose Americans soldiers (if not all Americans) to torture, just as we are seeing with Americans being captured by ISIL.
Bush/Cheney have subjected any and every American kidnapped or captured to torture by the likes of ISIL. It is a decision that is going to haunt us and the world for untold decades."
Of course we all know the world according to Teahadist only began on January 6th 2009!!!

‘Blowback”

Now you are starting to sound like Ron Paul. He has been preaching this for decades. He explained it fully when he was running for office. Sadam said the same thing: Basically, keep sticking your noses into our business and our country and we will retaliate.

And they did. And they will again.

Ron said -* 25 years in Iraq – and now we are back to square one. Nothing gained, lots of loss. Bring’em home.

Bring ‘em all home.*
American Lady

Danville, KY

#177283 Sep 3, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
U.S. Determines Video Showing Beheading of American Journalist Is Authentic (UPDATE: Obama Calls Execution a 'Horrific Act of Violence'
There should be masive bodies in the streets anywhere ISIL is . Show them what war really is if they keep going..........to hell with walking on eggs.
Exactly !!!
GOTP

Woburn, MA

#177284 Sep 3, 2014
"More and more pundits and politicians by the day seem to think that a single, declarative, manly and comprehensive verb suffices as a response to ISIS. The words of choice are typically “destroy” or “crush” or “finish off” or something similarly unambiguous and swift.

Senator Rand Paul, fresh off a well-publicized messaging tour about how Hillary Clinton is a “war hawk” whose favored interventions have caused more damage than otherwise would have occurred, now wants to ”destroy ISIS militarily.” Rep. Paul Ryan hopes to “finish off” ISIS. John McCain, of course, believes the Islamic State has “got to be destroyed” post haste; Rep. Adam Kinzinger wants to know if President Obama has the machismo to “crush” ISIS. Even the sharpest, most nuanced pundit in the biz,“Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty,” is declaring that members of ISIS should either be converted or killed.

Once you understand that this is how people see ISIS, and the world, it explains the frustration with President Obama’s neatly cut-and-clipped statement that “we don’t have a strategy yet.” ISIS is little more than a fly, just sitting there, waiting to be swatted. Why doesn’t Obama pick up the fly swatter? Fly’s sitting right there, guy. In the present, outside the context of history. Go get it!

It’s as if all the baddies and their bad thoughts are huddled together, just waiting for a button to be pressed, and then the problem will be over. A single swing of the fly-swatter, a single press of the button: the idea’s that ISIS and all the awful things it represents are one motion away from destruction. Ergo President Obama must be mentally ill or something for not acting out that motion

We don’t say this very often, but everyone who’s losing their minds should read Thomas Friedman’s column today. Yep: The debate has become so oversimplified and bloodthirsty that now Thomas Friedman is a welcome voice of caution.

To defeat ISIS you have to address the context out of which it emerged. And that is the three civil wars raging in the Arab world today: the civil war within Sunni Islam between radical jihadists and moderate mainstream Sunni Muslims and regimes; the civil war across the region between Sunnis funded by Saudi Arabia and Shiites funded by Iran; and the civil war between Sunni jihadists and all other minorities in the region — Yazidis, Turkmen, Kurds, Christians, Jews and Alawites.

When you have a region beset by that many civil wars at once, it means there is no center, only sides. And when you intervene in the middle of a region with no center, you very quickly become a side.

ISIS emerged as an extreme expression of resentment by one side: Iraqi and Syrian Sunnis who felt cut out of power and resources by the pro-Iranian Shiite regime in Baghdad and the pro-Iranian Alawite/Shiite regime in Damascus. That is why Obama keeps insisting that America’s military intervention must be accompanied, for starters, by Iraqis producing a national unity government — of mainstream Shiites, Sunnis and Kurds — so our use of force supports pluralism and power-sharing, not just Shiite power.

But power-sharing doesn’t come easy in a region where kinship and sectarian loyalties overwhelm any sense of shared citizenship. Without it, though, the dominant philosophy is either:“I am strong, why should I compromise?” or “I am weak, how can I compromise?” So any onslaught we make on ISIS, absent national unity governments, will have Shiites saying the former and Sunnis saying the latter. That’s why this is complicated.

Hawks have so far been successfully at stripping away the existence of context and complexity from the ISIS situation. They’ve made it acceptable say things like ISIS simply needs to be “destroyed” or “crushed” or “finished off” and not be asked any follow-up questions. For God’s sake, resist them
Jim Newell

Agreed, bombing indiscrimitately is not the answer, tough talk "eradicate" "finish them off" and brainless trite like that is useless machismo!!
Commietator

Lockport, KY

#177286 Sep 3, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>We lost Nam for the same reason just as I have already said. Liberal in congress stopped the bombings from the B-52's that were shutting down the Ho Chi Min trail and supply routes......people like Kerry, Kennedy, Fonda and others gave aid and comfort to the enemy. The same happened with the MSM, Pink and other liberal outlets for Iraq as well.
Yeah right. If we could have spent just another trillion and 10 more years Iraq would be a shining example of democracy in the Middle East just like Chenney predicted.
So again, we lost Nam. We were told by your kind we were there to protect our freedom. How is it we are free 40 years later?
GOTP

Woburn, MA

#177287 Sep 3, 2014
Rand Paul’s flip-flop nightmare:“Non-interventionist ” now backs war in the Middle East

Last week Rand Paul chastised the "hawkish members of my own party." Now he wants to go to war against ISIS

“If I were President,” Paul wrote in an email to the Associated Press,“I would call a joint session of Congress. I would lay out the reasoning of why ISIS is a threat to our national security and seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily.” That’s an overly simplified version of what the U.S. is looking at when it comes to confronting the terrorist group. Any U.S. effort to “destroy ISIS militarily” will require a huge commitment of men and materiel, along with political commitments from regional actors, and will take years

And as Steve Benen points out, this is a complete flip from what Rand Paul was saying just last week about America’s role and responsibility in confronting ISIS:

A week ago today, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) wrote an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal condemning “interventionists,” who are quick to use military force abroad “with little thought to the consequences.” Over the course of his 900-word piece, the Republican senator was dismissive of the “hawkish members of my own party.”

“A more realistic foreign policy would recognize that there are evil people and tyrannical regimes in this world, but also that America cannot police or solve every problem across the globe,” Paul wrote.“Only after recognizing the practical limits of our foreign policy can we pursue policies that are in the best interest of the U.S.”

In less than a week he went from “let’s be realistic about what we can do militarily” to “destroy ISIS militarily.”

Randy can't seem to settle on one position.

The reality
"The country must be ready to accept the sacrifices necessary to achieve grand political ends. Until then, any call to “defeat ISIL” that is not forthright about what that will require is actually an argument for expensive failure."

If you really want to understand the complicated scenario we're looking at...
http://warontherocks.com/2014/08/dont-bs-the-...

But don't give us the tough guy talk about "finishing them off" unless you're willing to commit hundreds of thousands of soldiers into harms way!

Unless you're willing to spend trillions of dollars!!

Unless you're willing to commit to another 15 year War!!!!!!!

STFU!!!!

BTW: No Republican should be listened to in terms of War discussions for basically one reason, they have no problem committing our soldiers blood to War but, WHEN THE TROOPS COME HOME, REPUBLICANS BLOCK FUNDING TO SUPPORT THEM and THEIR FAMILIES!!!!!!!!!!

THAT much we've learned over the last 5 years!!!

Location hidden

#177288 Sep 3, 2014
GOTP wrote:

Waterboarding = Torture

Horse hockey.

Location hidden

#177289 Sep 3, 2014
GOTP wrote:
Rand Paul’s flip-flop nightmare:“Non-interventionis t” now backs war in the Middle East

Last week Rand Paul chastised the "hawkish members of my own party." Now he wants to go to war against ISIS

“If I were President,” Paul wrote in an email to the Associated Press,“I would call a joint session of Congress. I would lay out the reasoning of why ISIS is a threat to our national security and seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily.” That’s an overly simplified version of what the U.S. is looking at when it comes to confronting the terrorist group. Any U.S. effort to “destroy ISIS militarily” will require a huge commitment of men and materiel, along with political commitments from regional actors, and will take years

And as Steve Benen points out, this is a complete flip from what Rand Paul was saying just last week about AmericaÂ’s role and responsibility in confronting ISIS:

A week ago today, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) wrote an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal condemning “interventionists,” who are quick to use military force abroad “with little thought to the consequences.” Over the course of his 900-word piece, the Republican senator was dismissive of the “hawkish members of my own party.”

“A more realistic foreign policy would recognize that there are evil people and tyrannical regimes in this world, but also that America cannot police or solve every problem across the globe,” Paul wrote.“Only after recognizing the practical limits of our foreign policy can we pursue policies that are in the best interest of the U.S.”

In less than a week he went from “let’s be realistic about what we can do militarily” to “destroy ISIS militarily.”

Randy can't seem to settle on one position.

The reality
"The country must be ready to accept the sacrifices necessary to achieve grand political ends. Until then, any call to “defeat ISIL” that is not forthright about what that will require is actually an argument for expensive failure."

If you really want to understand the complicated scenario we're looking at...
http://warontherocks.com/2014/08/dont-bs-the-...

But don't give us the tough guy talk about "finishing them off" unless you're willing to commit hundreds of thousands of soldiers into harms way!

Unless you're willing to spend trillions of dollars!!

Unless you're willing to commit to another 15 year War!!!!!!!

STFU!!!!

BTW: No Republican should be listened to in terms of War discussions for basically one reason, they have no problem committing our soldiers blood to War but, WHEN THE TROOPS COME HOME, REPUBLICANS BLOCK FUNDING TO SUPPORT THEM and THEIR FAMILIES!!!!!!!!!!

THAT much we've learned over the last 5 years!!!
Good for Paul. Obama still missing in no action.

Location hidden

#177290 Sep 3, 2014
Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah right. If we could have spent just another trillion and 10 more years Iraq would be a shining example of democracy in the Middle East just like Chenney predicted.
So again, we lost Nam. We were told by your kind we were there to protect our freedom. How is it we are free 40 years later?
Don't worry coward. You won't have to go fight for your country.
Jay

New Salisbury, IN

#177291 Sep 3, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
‘Blowback”
Now you are starting to sound like Ron Paul. He has been preaching this for decades. He explained it fully when he was running for office. Sadam said the same thing: Basically, keep sticking your noses into our business and our country and we will retaliate.
And they did. And they will again.
Ron said -* 25 years in Iraq – and now we are back to square one. Nothing gained, lots of loss. Bring’em home.
Bring ‘em all home.*

NEED TO CORRECT THIS POST;
Actually, it was NOT Sadam who said,* keep sticking your noses into our business and our country and we will retaliate.*

It was OBL in a taped interview. Ron Paul repeated it during his campaign speech and agreed that this is exactly what they will do. It's called "Blowback."

My bad.

Location hidden

#177292 Sep 3, 2014
GOTP wrote:
Here's what you find on Faux Snews...

"Wow. Sean Hannity is on a roll. Not content to settle for his numerous exclusive interviews earlier this year with bigoted deadbeat crackpot Cliven Bundy, not content to settle for taking border tour selfies with indicted Texas Gov. Rick Perry, and not content to settle for defending the execution of pregnant teenage burglars, Hannity is now turning to the flowing beard of Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson for wisdom on how to handle "The Rise of Radical Islam."
Such wisdom as:

"Duck Dynasty" patriarch Phil Robertson put forward a strategy Tuesday for combating militants with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria: "convert them or kill them."
Hannity's reaction? To predict the media would unfairly label Robertson's "convert or kill" policy as extremist. I suppose to Hannity that view really is mainstream: After all, in his world, when Sarah Palin says waterboarding is a good thing because it's a forced baptism, heads nod.
So it's no surprise that Hannity would think a "convert or kill" approach makes total sense. And that, of course, is a view he shares with the evil fanatics who beheaded another journalist yesterday. It's just that Hannity would rather do it by pressing the button on a missile launcher, because that's more civilized."

"Convert or kill them"

Um, kinda exaclty what they are doing no?!??!!?

You Fundementalists are ALL THE SAME!!!!!!!
Will Obama ever lead....... Except from behind.
Radio Man

Kingsport, TN

#177293 Sep 3, 2014
A top Kurdish representative to the U.S. claims that the Obama administration is not doing enough to supply vital advanced weapons to Kurdish peshmerga security forces in their fight against Islamic State militants – amid signs that other nations may be eclipsing the U.S. in their level of support.

Hell, if the Kurds think Obama is doing enough for them, they should come to America, where he's doing nothing for everyone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bud Kenneth Copeland 8 hr Melissa 22
Jack Piercefield 9 hr The truth 6
Lets talk a little basketball.. 9 hr Sux 2
Whitney Hensley (Oct '10) 9 hr Mark Stone 23
Muhlenberg teachers get screwed.... 14 hr CbB 481
Minit Mart (Mar '12) 15 hr stranger 19
Ricky Keith 17 hr old man snoring 22
Greenville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web